X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Turf
    • Jul 2002

Offensive Coordinator

Teams are reaching out to Orlovsky for OC. How do you feel about it? I like his analysis and he sure likes Josh if you ever saw him defend him. I think he would jump at the opportunity to work with Josh, as would any competent OC. I think he's worth a look and we shouldn't be too quick to settle on Brady without trying to go top shelf. It may make the difference we're all looking for.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: Offensive Coordinator

Are you really willing to dump a guy who's called plays for multiple seasons for a guy who's never even coached?

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
      Are you really willing to dump a guy who's called plays for multiple seasons for a guy who's never even coached?
      not saying Orlovsky is the right fit, but didn’t you agree with Warner about the poor spacing and design we had this year?

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Canadian'eh! View Post
        not saying Orlovsky is the right fit, but didn’t you agree with Warner about the poor spacing and design we had this year?
        Yes. That was mostly Dorsey's scheme, not Brady's. You can't install a new scheme mid season.

Comment

• Typ0
          honey pie
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
          Yes. That was mostly Dorsey's scheme, not Brady's. You can't install a new scheme mid season.
          If Dorsey's scheme was so bad who the hell hired him in the first place?

And what are you saying here Brady is the default OC because we don't know what he can really do and need to find out?

**** that ****. We need to find coaches who work and are effective. So far we seem to have McDermott & McDermott & a temporary guy.

Why is that?

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
            If Dorsey's scheme was so bad who the hell hired him in the first place?

And what are you saying here Brady is the default OC because we don't know what he can really do and need to find out?

**** that ****. We need to find coaches who work and are effective. So far we seem to have McDermott & McDermott & a temporary guy.

Why is that?
            I'm saying I'd rather have Brady than a guy who's never coached a down of football at any level.

They've seen how Brady calls games, and he tends to stick with what's working more than Dorsey did. When they could run the ball, they kept running it. Was he perfect? Hell no. Would I cry if they replaced him? No, but I would hope they'd do better than some guy who breaks plays down on TV. Anyone can do that.

Comment

• sahlensguy
              • Mar 2015

He's outspoken. No thank you!

Comment

• sukie
                Seriously?
                • Sep 2012

Hey why not the guys at Cover1 that break down film. Or maybe Romo or Collinsworth ?

Collinsworth as IC would be doing all NFL fans a great service.

Comment

• Turf
                  • Jul 2002

I got some bad info I wasn't paying enough attention to. I thought he had some coaching experience so my fault.
                  Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Woodman
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Apr 2014

It's gonna be Brady.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Turf
                      • Jul 2002

Brady's OK, but why roll the dice again and not go for it and try to get an established, experienced offensive mind to get over this hump instead of banking your entire season on Josh and Josh alone every year. You've got one of the most talented QB's ever to play the game, why would you not bring in a big name OC? You just paid Von 100 million to get 8 sacks over two years. I don't get, the hell with who the players want and their "comfort" level, bring in a stud OC.

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

Who are some 'stud' OC's they should be considering?
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                          None are jobless, that’s the problem. Unless they go after Klingsbury

Comment

• Turf
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                            Maybe someone with a resume and lineage of success? That's not my job.

Comment

• jamze132
                              • Jun 2003

Brady did a good job but I’d love to have a proven OC that has a stellar resume designing the offense. Does that person exist? I dunno.

Comment

Working...
                              X