• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Bills officially interviewing Joe Brady for full-time OC position

Bills officially interviewing Joe Brady for full-time OC position - Buffalo Rumblings

Brady, who was hired as Buffalo’s quarterbacks coach in 2022, was promoted to interim offensive coordinator following the dismissal of Ken Dorsey in November. Upon promotion, Brady took over play calling for the offense over the course of the final nine games of the 2023 NFL season.

This news shouldn’t come as a surprise whatsoever considering quarterback Josh Allen has already publicly endorsed Brady returning next season as the full-time play caller. Brady’s track record as a full-time offensive coordinator isn’t necessarily eye-opening considering he was hired in 2020 by, you guessed it, the Carolina Panthers, and was fired just one season later.

Brady completed an interview with the Atlanta Falcons for their vacant head coach position last week.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Re: Bills officially interviewing Joe Brady for full-time OC position

I expect the Bills to sign him very soon.

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• mightysimi
      Buckle me in on the highway of sin
      • Mar 2010

If he has a plan to fix the passing game. We went from only getting WR production to barely any in a very short time. There has to be a better balance there.

Comment

• sukie
        Seriously?
        • Sep 2012

One is better receivers. That will help. Then scheme them so tight man doesn’t work so well.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
          • Mar 2004

Dumb question

Do they have a passing game co-ordinator?

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Meh. The O did better when he took over but still failed when it mattered most.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
              • Aug 2004

Un-popular suggestion: Josh McDaniels. We need to at least make an inquiry. He had success as OC with Pats, with Tom Brady. Even some limited success with Mac Jones. And the Bills are running the same system.

He has failed as an HC and supposedly a douchebag in handling players. In his stint as Denver's HC, he famously said "I can turn a high school QB into an NFL star." I don't know if it would work, or Allen & the rest of the offensive guys will like him --- those coached by McDaniels in the past called him Belichick wanna-be by using the same abrasive manners to callout guys, posting things to humiliating guys for mistakes in previous day practice etc.

The success he had is with BB as the HC which is a bigger douchebag I suppose. So he may not taking as much hate from players in that situation.

Comment

• Woodman
                Legendary Zoner
                • Apr 2014

Former Bills QB Thad Lewis is expected to interview for their offensive coordinator job

Thad Lewis once played quarterback for the Bills and the team plans to interview him about a spot on Sean McDermott’s staff.

Jeremy Fowler of ESPN reports that the Bills plan to interview Lewis as an offensive coordinator candidate. Lewis is currently the Buccaneers’ quarterbacks coach and he’s also in the mix for the coordinator job with the Raiders.

Lewis started five games for the Bills during the 2013 season and threw for 1,092 yards, four touchdowns, and three interceptions. He spent time with seven other teams before moving into coaching at UCLA in 2018. He joined the Bucs in 2021 and moved up to quarterbacks coach in 2023.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                  • Sep 2004

I'm in favor of keeping Brady

Comment

• Turf
                    • Jul 2002

Well since Brady was fired in Carolina as OC after 1 year, and Dorsey was fired 1.5 years in, and our DC quit, aren't we running a bit thin trying to win it all with perennial tryouts for the positions??
                    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• imbondz
                      Democrats are people too
                      • Jan 2003

Good. I liked him for his first time being OC and the fact Josh wants him back solidifies it.
                      My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by imbondz View Post
                        Good. I liked him for his first time being OC and the fact Josh wants him back solidifies it.
                        Josh also wanted Dorsey so I’m not sure his endorsement means much
                        I came.
                        I saw.
                        I conquered.

Comment

• jamze132
                          • Jun 2003

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
                          Un-popular suggestion: Josh McDaniels. We need to at least make an inquiry. He had success as OC with Pats, with Tom Brady. Even some limited success with Mac Jones. And the Bills are running the same system.

He has failed as an HC and supposedly a douchebag in handling players. In his stint as Denver's HC, he famously said "I can turn a high school QB into an NFL star." I don't know if it would work, or Allen & the rest of the offensive guys will like him --- those coached by McDaniels in the past called him Belichick wanna-be by using the same abrasive manners to callout guys, posting things to humiliating guys for mistakes in previous day practice etc.

The success he had is with BB as the HC which is a bigger douchebag I suppose. So he may not taking as much hate from players in that situation.
                          He had success because he had Brady. Pass on anything McDaniels related.

Comment

• Oaf
                            Do you read what you write?
                            • Jun 2007

JB didn't do anything special. Kurt Warner shredded the offensive performance post-KC. How many 2nd and 1s were you begging for a PA pass?

Let's offer him another season at QB coach and bring in a more innovative thinker.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                              • Aug 2004

I think it noticeable that Brady finally got Allen to look for short (Behind LOS) and medium to short (<5) as first option, thus improving his passing game in that space. Teams had been playing us in zone and taking away Josh's comfort zone of those 10 - 20 yard passing lanes (which led to so many INTs). BUT, the Chiefs game and a few games before that, teams starting to bring people up to take away the short passing game, very noticeable in the 2nd half of the Chiefs game. Basically they are saying our CBs are better than your receivers; beat us 20 yards down the field if you can. That's where the Diggs decline came into the picture, the Davis' injury (which was already in decline of himself), Sherfield's shortcoming of catching deep balls, and some of Josh's over throw all into the focus. It is as it is coming into a complete 180. We used to beat them deep consistently, now we can do the running of Cook, short passes involving RBs and Diggs etc., but can't beat them deep.

We just can't do both. It is why Beane said we need some speed in end-of-season presser. I think we need an upcoming WR #1 who can beat them deep consistently. The encourage part is that Allen seems to be back in form to throw accurate deep balls as well as shorter passes. So the critical problem of potential shortcoming of the QB is not an issue. Beane need to hit a bullseye on a WR this draft in my opinion. I don't expect an instant star, but do what the Packers did on WR.

Comment

Working...
                              X