PDA

View Full Version : Joe Brady

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-28-2024, 01:40 PM
Just got a Facebook notice Joe brady was officially hired as OC

Im fine with it

TacklingDummy
01-28-2024, 01:44 PM
Hopefully he can get the WRs back into the offense.

YardRat
01-28-2024, 01:44 PM
I'm good.

Maybe he can instill some of the 'silent assassin' that he helped develop Burrow with, without neutering the gunslinger.

Woodman
01-28-2024, 01:47 PM
LETS GO!

Novacane
01-28-2024, 02:10 PM
It was just a formality. Any other interviews were just to meet the NFL's requirements. I don't think anyone else would have been better. Hopefully he can get JA to study the game instead of thinking his talent is enough.

DraftBoy
01-28-2024, 02:15 PM
No surprise here. He earned his shot, doesn’t mean he’ll have much rope though.

Ed
01-28-2024, 02:32 PM
It was hard to imagine them going in a different direction. I'm excited to see what he can do with a full offseason. I'm also curious to see who the QB coach will be.

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-28-2024, 02:43 PM
Hopefully he can fix the wide outs or find someone who can

YardRat
01-28-2024, 02:45 PM
It was hard to imagine them going in a different direction. I'm excited to see what he can do with a full offseason. I'm also curious to see who the QB coach will be.

If they were smart their next hire would be Davis Webb.

Mad Max
01-28-2024, 02:46 PM
https://www.buffalobills.com/news/buffalo-bills-announce-joe-brady-as-offensive-coordinator

DraftBoy
01-28-2024, 05:18 PM
If they were smart their next hire would be Davis Webb.

To do what? He’s already a QB coach in Denver.

justasportsfan
01-28-2024, 05:39 PM
Get him receivers who can catch long balls. Diggs is not reliable. If it weren't for his contract, I'd be ready to let him go.

DraftBoy
01-28-2024, 06:01 PM
Dorsey named OC in Cleveland today too.

YardRat
01-28-2024, 06:32 PM
To do what? He’s already a QB coach in Denver.

Asst OC and QB coach.

Allen misses him more than anybody.

DraftBoy
01-28-2024, 08:22 PM
Asst OC and QB coach.

Allen misses him more than anybody.

Pass.

Allen missing somebody isn’t a good enough reason.

TacklingDummy
01-28-2024, 08:40 PM
I’d rather have Dorsey.

cas22
01-28-2024, 09:31 PM
I'm good.

Maybe he can instill some of the 'silent assassin' that he helped develop Burrow with, without neutering the gunslinger.

he didn't design or call plays at LSU..,,the only place Brady has called plays was in Carolina and he got fired.

heres the problem, Brady is not gonna change anything, alls we can hope for is he adds.. he had time to add plays this year and the only thing he did was run the ball a little more, we keep hiring from within which isn't good enough, so in 2 years are we gonna be promoting someone else off this staff?

I'm willing to see if Brady puts his finger print on the offense bur if he fails then you have to clean house .

Mad Max
01-28-2024, 09:36 PM
he didn't design or call plays at LSU..,,the only place Brady has called plays was in Carolina and he got fired.

heres the problem, Brady is not gonna change anything, alls we can hope for is he adds.. he had time to add plays this year and the only thing he did was run the ball a little more, we keep hiring from within which isn't good enough, so in 2 years are we gonna be promoting someone else off this staff?

I'm willing to see if Brady puts his finger print on the offense bur if he fails then you have to clean house .

If McDermott doesn’t advance the agenda Pegs cleans house after next year don’t you think?

cas22
01-28-2024, 09:39 PM
If McDermott doesn’t advance the agenda Pegs cleans house don’t you think?

I hope so, they keep the same old same old and we have only made the afc championship game 1 time and Daboll was calling plays, hiring from within because Allen wants is not gonna make the team better, it will make Allens job easier.

Mad Max
01-28-2024, 09:43 PM
I hope so, they keep the same old same old and we have only made the afc championship game 1 time and Daboll was calling plays, hiring from within because Allen wants is not gonna make the team better, it will make Allens job easier.
Yep. Definition of insanity to keep running Beaneott out there if they keep coming up short.

Let’s hope they get over the hump next year. If not let’s hope Pegs does his job.

Historian
01-29-2024, 08:23 AM
The resume is a short one, but you can't argue with the results.

If they did their due diligence and interviewed others, then decided that he's their man, I'm fine with the hire.

Now PLEASE get a defensive coordinator.

YardRat
01-29-2024, 09:40 AM
Pass.

Allen missing somebody isn’t a good enough reason.

Not emotionally, for chrissakes.

ParanoidAndroid
01-29-2024, 09:57 AM

If they did their due diligence and interviewed others, then decided that he's their man, I'm fine with the hire.

I don't think their interview list was exactly exhaustive.

But.... Here we are.

cas22
01-29-2024, 10:44 AM
I really think that McBean asked Allen what he thought, of coarse he wants the same , he doesn't want to have to learn a different scheme, well if we get worse and lets say not make the playoffs next year do you clean house then?

Its looking more and more like Allen is gonna end up like Marino, my point is KC has been to the SB 4 out of the last 5 years and may win they're 3rd, we have been right there with them, why not use similar scheme as them? this would have been the year to do it, but no we want to stay the same which isn't and hasn't been good enough..

/

]i

Forward_Lateral
01-29-2024, 10:47 AM

And a new WR/TE coach.

Historian
01-29-2024, 11:33 AM
Its looking more and more like Allen is gonna end up like Marino, my point is KC has been to the SB 4 out of the last 5 years and may win they're 3rd, we have been right there with them, why not use similar scheme as them? this would have been the year to do it, but no we want to stay the same which isn't and hasn't been good
Probably because Allen is a traditional downfield pocket passer, they feel he can throw them to glory, ala Marino.

I've said it since his rookie year...Mahomes is a more athletic Flutie, who vamps from play to play. Gotta expect the unexpected, like bootlegs, laterals, blind passes, direct snaps, etc.

cas22
01-29-2024, 01:18 PM
Probably because Allen is a traditional downfield pocket passer, they feel he can throw them to glory, ala Marino.

I've said it since his rookie year...Mahomes is a more athletic Flutie, who vamps from play to play. Gotta expect the unexpected, like bootlegs, laterals, blind passes, direct snaps, etc.

i've got to disagree with you here, Allen is by far the most athletic QB in the league, Mahomes is the more pocket passer, Mahomes doesn't run half as much as Allen does because of that, Allen has made so many plays after a play breaks down, Mahomes does too but saying Allen is Traditionally a drop back passer is false.

getting back to Brady I'll say this and this is fact, the offense was not better under Brady vs Dorsey however Allen didn't turn the ball over as much under Brady thus the sucsess, this is the problem I have with hiring him full time, it had nothing to do with scheme simply put stat wise we were worse in the passing game under Brady vs Dorsey.

Borosai
01-29-2024, 02:02 PM
I think Brady did a good job. The offense looked better, but that bar was set pretty low. It's impossible to know exactly what Brady's offense will be, so now we have to wait and hope for something special. However, what continues to annoy me is that Allen's career will continue to be wasted under McDermott and inexperienced OCs. We're just left hoping for a miracle at this point. Allen apparently doesn't mind though, so... what can you do...

cas22
01-29-2024, 02:20 PM
I think Brady did a good job. The offense looked better, but that bar was set pretty low. It's impossible to know exactly what Brady's offense will be, so now we have to wait and hope for something special. However, what continues to annoy me is that Allen's career will continue to be wasted under McDermott and inexperienced OCs. We're just left hoping for a miracle at this point. Allen apparently doesn't mind though, so... what can you do...

I agree with everything you said, we have to hope that Allen last another 10 years 1st, then you have to hope that he doesn't lose interest in the game, I've seen others not love the game,, Andrew Luck for instance,, not every player loves the game like Tom Brady did, I've hoped that Allen is one of those guys, like me I put football #1 over just about everything I love.. my family knows not to ask me to do anything during NFL Sundays ..

I wanted to bring in a west coast OC and changed the scheme now while we make that move to get the cap situated. we all no that next year is gonna be a off year except Bean, I'm afraid Bean duz the wrong thing and put the future in a bind.. take your lumps now while Allen is still young, the Bills will still be competitive if we changed scheme, but now we have to hope Brady is the change, I don't see it, like I said stat wise Bradys offense is worse than Dorsey's it is because Allens turn overs as to why the difference..

notacon
01-29-2024, 02:55 PM
Of course they made Joe Brady "permanent" (as much as what "permanent" means in the NFL) OC.

He did a credible job and deserves a chance to bring in his own ideas for offense and get a whole off season to develop and implement those plans.

Does not mean that Ken Dorsey did a bad job. He didn't. His firing was to be scapegoat for the Bills disappointing 5-5 start, and to give the whole team (and Josh) a firm kick in the ass...a wake up call.

It mostly worked.

But came all undone with the terrible 2 minutes of the KC loss. That was (probably) mostly on Josh's shoulders, making some bad decisions, but Brady was involved too.

As I wrote in another thread (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/264951-Bills-officially-interviewing-Joe-Brady-for-full-time-OC-position?p=5080285&viewfull=1#post5080285) that needs to be repeated...

The Bills lost vs KC because of the stupid decisions by Josh (and partly Joe Brady) after the 2 min warning that ignored the game situation and handing KC TWO stoppage of the clock with dumb, stupid, ill advised passes.

Almost always, in playoff games, Mahomes does NOT make stupid plays. The one year he did (2021 AFCC game vs Cincy in the last pay of the 1st half and his terrible, awful passes in OT, the last was a boneheaded INT that handed Cincy a trip to the SB) they lose.

The Bills, despite being ravaged with injuries to their LB and CB for the KC game, were STILL in a PRIME POSITION to win that game, with a brilliant drive with 8:23 left in the game, eating up 6:23 set up perfectly at the KC 26 yard line, at the 2:00 min warning, 2nd and 9....KC down to two time outs.

Then EVERYTHING THEY DID GREAT the previous 6+ minutes was thrown out the window.

KC must have been laughing under their breath, unable to believe how STUPID Josh Allen (and maybe Joe Brady...it STILL comes down to Josh making that dumb decision to go into the end zone instead of the easy lay-up pass underneath to Diggs to get the 1st down or really close to eat....forcing KC to take their 2nd time out) was.