PDA

View Full Version : Officiating in the AFCCG

OpIv37
01-28-2024, 05:05 PM
Ok, let’s be honest. The Ravens are gonna lose cuz they committed 5 personal fouls and fumbled at the goal line. And I don’t think any of those flags were bad calls.

But in the 4th quarter, there were at least 3 questionable no calls that could have been PI or holding against the Chiefs. It’s becoming the Patriots all over again. Every borderline call goes their way.

It’s just annoying how the league clearly plays favorites.

Woodman
01-28-2024, 05:08 PM
very poor again.

Canadian'eh!
01-28-2024, 05:10 PM
Ok, let’s be honest. The Ravens are gonna lose cuz they committed 5 personal fouls and fumbled at the goal line. And I don’t think any of those flags were bad calls.

But in the 4th quarter, there were at least 3 questionable no calls that could have been PI or holding against the Chiefs. It’s becoming the Patriots all over again. Every borderline call goes their way.

It’s just annoying how the league clearly plays favorites.
There was a story about how this crew’s stats all year favoured road teams.

Forward_Lateral
01-28-2024, 05:10 PM
The NFL wants the Chiefs. It’s clear. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool

Woodman
01-28-2024, 05:11 PM
no surprise if true.

Canadian'eh!
https://www.si.com/nfl/ravens/news/afc-championship-game-rigged-favor-kansas-city-chiefs-over-baltimore-ravens-referees-taylor-swift-fixed

found it

sukie
Correction. NFL wants Taylor Swift

Woodman
01-28-2024, 05:12 PM

Apparently.

YardRat
01-28-2024, 05:12 PM
I will re-iterate...

Does anybody really believe the league is going to pass on a Traylor Super Bowl opportunity?

Didn't watch one second of the game and I'm glad.

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-28-2024, 05:13 PM
Correct

Woodman
01-28-2024, 05:14 PM
The game plan was awful.

Gotta run when you dominate by doing it.

Allow your OL to maul.

DraftBoy
01-28-2024, 05:17 PM
:rofl:

The Ravens were horrible and deserved to lose, but yes let’s make a thread about the refs and then have it hijacked by Taylor Swift talk.

Typ0
01-28-2024, 05:17 PM
Agreed this was convenience BIAS all over the place.

Do you remember the show Hill Street Blues? Where Esterhouse would send off the squad every morning? That is the NFL prepping the referee's and they are piped in all day leading the show as well.

Canadian'eh!
01-28-2024, 05:18 PM
This crew favours road teams to the point they go from 44% chance of losing to 60% chance of winning!

Let’s not forget they assigned Steve Hochuli to our game:

The Bills average 10 penalties for 86.8 yards in games where Hochuli is the ref. In all other games, Hochuli and his crew average 6.46 penalties for 56 yards. The Bills sit atop of both categories in all games refereed by Hochuli since 2018.

The NFL definitely tried to weight things in KCs favour to get Taylor Swift to the Super Bowl

Canadian'eh!
01-28-2024, 05:19 PM

The Ravens were horrible and deserved to lose, but yes let’s make a thread about the refs and then have it hijacked by Taylor Swift talk.
A good team can overcome a bad ref, The ravens were stupid and didn’t. But the NFL clearly showing bias trying to tilt the table a bit.

OpIv37
01-28-2024, 05:20 PM

Who wins or loses shouldn’t get the refs off the hook for yet another poor performance that was very one-sided when they are supposed to be objective.

DraftBoy
01-28-2024, 05:20 PM
A good team can overcome a bad ref, The ravens were stupid and didn’t. But the NFL clearly showing bias trying to tilt the table a bit.

And? Did you really think that a business wasn’t going to show bias to get the most eyes? They would be epically stupid not to.

DraftBoy
01-28-2024, 05:21 PM
Who wins or loses shouldn’t get the refs off the hook for yet another poor performance that was very one-sided when they are supposed to be objective.

The refs aren’t on the hook. Never are under the current contract.

Goobylal
01-28-2024, 05:30 PM
Boycott the SB.

OpIv37
01-28-2024, 05:39 PM
The refs aren’t on the hook. Never are under the current contract.

This is just insane. Of course they are on the hook for doing the job they are paid to do correctly and officiating objectively.

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-28-2024, 05:47 PM
Im with op on one

DraftBoy
01-28-2024, 06:00 PM
This is just insane. Of course they are on the hook for doing the job they are paid to do correctly and officiating objectively.

Really? Give me an example then.

OpIv37
01-28-2024, 06:08 PM
Really? Give me an example then.
? I did in the very first post of this thread. At least 3 questionable calls in crunch time alone went in favor of the Chiefs. Multiple questionable calls all going in favor of the same team. The quality and the objectivity are not there.

DraftBoy
01-28-2024, 08:20 PM
? I did in the very first post of this thread. At least 3 questionable calls in crunch time alone went in favor of the Chiefs. Multiple questionable calls all going in favor of the same team. The quality and the objectivity are not there.

No, not that. What is your evidence that they are actually on the hook?

OpIv37
01-28-2024, 08:25 PM
No, not that. What is your evidence that they are actually on the hook?

I think maybe you and I have different understanding of “on the hook.” I meant it in terms of being on the hook for the quality of their performance, as in being responsible for doing their jobs well. I wasn’t trying to imply that they were corrupt or on the take or something like that.

DraftBoy
01-28-2024, 08:27 PM
I think maybe you and I have different understanding of “on the hook.” I meant it in terms of being on the hook for the quality of their performance, as in being responsible for doing their jobs well. I wasn’t trying to imply that they were corrupt or on the take or something like that.

No, we mean the same thing. But on the hook means there is actual accountability, which is my point because there is none. Fans don’t care and the league doesn’t care. It’s an issue that drives more eyeballs and media attention then it’s worth to even consider fixing.

OpIv37
01-28-2024, 08:35 PM
No, we mean the same thing. But on the hook means there is actual accountability, which is my point because there is none. Fans don’t care and the league doesn’t care. It’s an issue that drives more eyeballs and media attention then it’s worth to even consider fixing.

Ah ok. Now I get you. I’m taking the idealistic view that the refs should be held accountable for their performance. You’re taking the nihilistic view that everyone is making money so no one cares enough about poor officiating to hold the officiating accountable.

Unfortunately, when money is involved, the nihilistic view is usually much closer to reality than the idealistic one, and this is no exception. The refs should be on the hook for their performance but they are not.

DraftBoy
01-28-2024, 08:45 PM
Ah ok. Now I get you. I’m taking the idealistic view that the refs should be held accountable for their performance. You’re taking the nihilistic view that everyone is making money so no one cares enough about poor officiating to hold the officiating accountable.

Unfortunately, when money is involved, the nihilistic view is usually much closer to reality than the idealistic one, and this is no exception. The refs should be on the hook for their performance but they are not.

Kinda. What I’m saying is that nobody cares and there won’t be any accountability as long as that is reality. You (plural) may say you care but you still are tuning in every Sunday and buying merch, so do you really?

OpIv37
01-28-2024, 09:05 PM
Kinda. What I’m saying is that nobody cares and there won’t be any accountability as long as that is reality. You (plural) may say you care but you still are tuning in every Sunday and buying merch, so do you really?
What I guess im saying is that’s its cognitive dissonance. The officiating should be objective and it should be high quality, and officials should be held accountable when that doesn’t happen. That means that the team that plays the best should win every game.

The reality is that I know that isn’t true. It would cost the NFL money to fix the officiating, but they’re still making money hand over fist even with the poor officiating. So there’s no reason to ever fix it. Tonight, it didn’t affect the outcome. But sometimes it does and that will never change.

And this is what I get for being emotionally invested in something where I have no control over the outcome.

DraftBoy
01-29-2024, 04:47 AM
What I guess im saying is that’s its cognitive dissonance. The officiating should be objective and it should be high quality, and officials should be held accountable when that doesn’t happen. That means that the team that plays the best should win every game.

The reality is that I know that isn’t true. It would cost the NFL money to fix the officiating, but they’re still making money hand over fist even with the poor officiating. So there’s no reason to ever fix it. Tonight, it didn’t affect the outcome. But sometimes it does and that will never change.

And this is what I get for being emotionally invested in something where I have no control over the outcome.

Yes, that would be entirely on you.

Historian
01-29-2024, 06:40 AM

A bit?

Kansas City's O line (specifically #65) was holding on every play....just like against the Bills.

When 65 started tackling ...literally TACKLING the Baltimore pass rushers, they finally flagged him a few times.

Then the int in the end zone, which they keep showing clearly shows the Ravens WR being tackled before the ball gets there.

I've said it in the past, and I'll say it again: the league uses holding on offense, and pass interference on defense to sway these games in whatever way the tv networks and their advertisers favor.

It does not take a lot.

YardRat
01-29-2024, 07:38 AM
^--Boom.

A lot of people think 'scripted' when they hear 'rigged', but it doesn't have to be that intensive to be effective.

notacon
01-29-2024, 01:39 PM
The refs had nothing to do with the Chief winning.

The Ravens lost that game fair and square when they showed what idiots they were on so many levels.

Baltimore abandoned what got them there by literally treating the running game like it was a disease. Dumb play after dumb play after dumb play.

Zay Flowers showed what a idiotic immature baby he is with the well deserved taunting penalty and then ****ing up and fumbling at the goal line. Lamar Jackson throwing into triple coverage (and all around playing a terrible game when the lights are the brightest) to seal the loss showed he does not deserve to be named MVP.

Promoting stupid conspiracy theories that the NFL somehow rigs the game (and make no mistake, that is what the suggestions are no matter what silly word games are used to obscure the intent) are a cancer on our society and have no basis in truth.

OpIv37
01-29-2024, 07:38 PM
The refs had nothing to do with the Chief winning.

The Ravens lost that game fair and square when they showed what idiots they were on so many levels.

Baltimore abandoned what got them there by literally treating the running game like it was a disease. Dumb play after dumb play after dumb play.

Zay Flowers showed what a idiotic immature baby he is with the well deserved taunting penalty and then ****ing up and fumbling at the goal line. Lamar Jackson throwing into triple coverage (and all around playing a terrible game when the lights are the brightest) to seal the loss showed he does not deserve to be named MVP.

Promoting stupid conspiracy theories that the NFL somehow rigs the game (and make no mistake, that is what the suggestions are no matter what silly word games are used to obscure the intent) are a cancer on our society and have no basis in truth.
Again, who won is irrelevant. The officiating was atrocious and one-sided.

I’m not saying it’s a conspiracy. I’m saying it’s consistently bad and consistently not objective.

notacon
01-30-2024, 01:15 PM
Again, who won is irrelevant. The officiating was atrocious and one-sided.

I’m not saying it’s a conspiracy. I’m saying it’s consistently bad and consistently not objective.

No, it wasn't.

OpIv37
01-30-2024, 01:21 PM
No, it wasn't.

You can't possibly have watched the same game I did.

notacon
01-30-2024, 04:49 PM
You can't possibly have watched the same game I did.

I was thinking the opposite.

Woodman
01-30-2024, 05:14 PM
A bit?

Kansas City's O line (specifically #65) was holding on every play....just like against the Bills.

When 65 started tackling ...literally TACKLING the Baltimore pass rushers, they finally flagged him a few times.

Then the int in the end zone, which they keep showing clearly shows the Ravens WR being tackled before the ball gets there.

I've said it in the past, and I'll say it again: the league uses holding on offense, and pass interference on defense to sway these games in whatever way the tv networks and their advertisers favor.

It does not take a lot.

It was almost at the very end of the game before they caught him or stopped ignoring it and then he got called on back to back plays ....... it doesn't take a lot to skew a games outcome.

Close your eyes .... it does wonders for an offense.

Historian
01-31-2024, 05:02 AM
Same thing happened in the SF-Det game.

GMF keeps showing this clip of Kittle "blocking".

Truth is, he had his man by the shirt sleeves with both hands and threw him to the ground backwards.

I mean, come on.

And I think what bugs me the most, is that there are what....seven....eight guys on the field?

Bill Cody
01-31-2024, 10:43 AM
I was pulling for Baltimore. But I have to say I kind of like when guys that try to extend the ball over the goal line get punished. It's actually one of my favorite plays in football. The end zone is it's own little universe. I like that it's a touch back if you fumble into/out of the end zone. No gray area. No placing the ball back on the one or whatever if it went OB. You get greedy you get punished. That more than any ref's call was the key play in the game.

But Baltimore as a team also deserved to lose. Richly deserved to lose. They played a certain way all year. They just CRUSHED a good Texans team playing a certain way. And then against the team that DEMANDS you play that exact way you don't. Brain dead. Just like the play at the goal line. Just like Jackson choking away the Ravens last chance by throwing into triple coverage. The Ravens GAVE this game away. Anyone talking about refs did not watch the game.

OpIv37
01-31-2024, 11:21 AM
I was pulling for Baltimore. But I have to say I kind of like when guys that try to extend the ball over the goal line get punished. It's actually one of my favorite plays in football. The end zone is it's own little universe. I like that it's a touch back if you fumble into/out of the end zone. No gray area. No placing the ball back on the one or whatever if it went OB. You get greedy you get punished. That more than any ref's call was the key play in the game.

But Baltimore as a team also deserved to lose. Richly deserved to lose. They played a certain way all year. They just CRUSHED a good Texans team playing a certain way. And then against the team that DEMANDS you play that exact way you don't. Brain dead. Just like the play at the goal line. Just like Jackson choking away the Ravens last chance by throwing into triple coverage. The Ravens GAVE this game away. Anyone talking about refs did not watch the game.

Once again, from the VERY FIRST SENTENCE of this thread, I said the Ravens were responsible for the loss.

The refs were horrible. That does not mean they were responsible for the loss. I don’t know why so many of you can’t comprehend the difference.

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-31-2024, 11:46 AM
Once again, from the VERY FIRST SENTENCE of this thread, I said the Ravens were responsible for the loss.

The refs were horrible. That does not mean they were responsible for the loss. I don’t know why so many of you can’t comprehend the difference.

Agree completely

BOTH things can be true
it can be true the ravens played like idiots and didn’t deserve to win

it can ALSO be true that the refs reffed the game one sided towards the Kansas City swifts

Typ0
01-31-2024, 06:18 PM
Agree completely

BOTH things can be true
it can be true the ravens played like idiots and didn’t deserve to win

it can ALSO be true that the refs reffed the game one sided towards the Kansas City swifts

They can change their names to the Swifts and score points with the native americans!