• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Reasons for pessimism

Reality check: we still can’t beat the Chiefs in the playoffs. Baltimore is really good, Burrow will be healthy again, the Jags and Houston Arron the verge of being very good, Pittsburgh isn’t out of it, and Miami has issues but can’t be counted out. The Jets will have Rodgers and with their D, he only needs to be slightly above average to make them a threat. Oh, and Cleveland is in the mix as well

The conf is going to be harder than it has ever been in the Allen era.

With the cap situation, we will have little if any opportunity to gain ground on all the teams ahead of us and all the teams that have quickly gained ground.

Making it back to the AFCCG like 3 years ago isn’t going to happen. As of right now, a Div loss is the ceiling. There’s a good chance that’s going to get downgraded when difficult cap decisions are made.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • sukie
    Seriously?
    • Sep 2012

Re: Reasons for optimism

Opiv, “we still haven’t beaten the Chiefs in the playoffs is more correct.
    That needs to happen .

othervteams deal with the same cap issues. So will Buffalo.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by sukie View Post
      Opiv, “we still haven’t beaten the Chiefs in the playoffs is more correct.
      That needs to happen .

othervteams deal with the same cap issues. So will Buffalo.
      No. Only 2 teams are as bad as us in terms of the cap. Chiefs, Ravens, Jags, Bengals, Texans all have positive cap space.

A real-time look at the 2024 salary cap totals for each NFL team, including estimated cap space.

It’s bad. Like really bad.

and we are 0-3 against the Chiefs in the playoffs. we objectively can’t beat them. That changes if and only if we do. In the 3 attempts, one was a loss to a clearly better team and 2 were just epic collapses, because epic collapses are what this team does.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
        I’m optimistic about Beanes drafting. He hit it right with Torrence and Brown actually looked pretty good this year. Benard looks like a great find. Spector, at worst is a good backup.

This draft might be the most important of his tenure because at least a few are going to have to start
        see, this is drought era thinking.

During the drought, Ralph wouldn’t pay FA’s so we had to depend on good drafts to improve. We know how that worked out.

Now, we don’t just have to improve. We have to close the gap between us and teams that are already the top teams in the league. And other teams get to draft too.

So, our drafting will have to be so superior to their drafting that it trumps their drafts AND makes up for the existing talent gap between those teams and us.

It just won’t be enough.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
          Reality check: we still can’t beat the Chiefs in the playoffs. Baltimore is really good, Burrow will be healthy again, the Jags and Houston Arron the verge of being very good, Pittsburgh isn’t out of it, and Miami has issues but can’t be counted out. The Jets will have Rodgers and with their D, he only needs to be slightly above average to make them a threat. Oh, and Cleveland is in the mix as well

The conf is going to be harder than it has ever been in the Allen era.

With the cap situation, we will have little if any opportunity to gain ground on all the teams ahead of us and all the teams that have quickly gained ground.

Making it back to the AFCCG like 3 years ago isn’t going to happen. As of right now, a Div loss is the ceiling. There’s a good chance that’s going to get downgraded when difficult cap decisions are made.
          You have a billion other threads to hijack and make negative

the whole point of this thread was to be positive

no, you’re not special. We all see the flaws. Leave it out if this thread
          I came.
          I saw.
          I conquered.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
            You have a billion other threads to hijack and make negative

the whole point of this thread was to be positive

no, you’re not special. We all see the flaws. Leave it out if this thread
            The whole point of this board is to discuss the team. Everything I said is relevant to the team, and the topic of the thread, which is next season. It’s just insane to only look at the good and ignore all the glaring issues.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
              • Nov 2007

The whole point of this board is to discuss the team. Everything I said is relevant to the team, and the topic of the thread, which is next season. It’s just insane to only look at the good and ignore all the glaring issues.
              As I said
              you’re not special
              we all see the flaws
              no one is discussing the positives and there are many

there are zillions of other threads which point out what’s wrong and what went wrong.

this thread is supposed to be about the good to look forward to or potentially look forward to in the upcoming season
              I came.
              I saw.
              I conquered.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
                As I said
                you’re not special
                we all see the flaws
                no one is discussing the positives and there are many

there are zillions of other threads which point out what’s wrong and what went wrong.

this thread is supposed to be about the good to look forward to or potentially look forward to in the upcoming season
                And ignoring the flaws and only focusing on the good leads to what always happens here: too many people expecting this team to do things they aren’t capable of doing. What you want is wishful thinking and not an honest assessment of the team.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                  • Feb 2009

Div loss is the ceiling. .
                  The bills have surpassed your so called ceilings every year for the past 5 years lol

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
                    The bills have surpassed your so called ceilings every year for the past 5 years lol
                    Yet they still haven’t accomplished the goal. They still haven’t even gotten back to the AFCCG like they did 3 years ago. They regressed and stalled.

And with the cap situation and the quality of the conference, it’s getting harder, not easier. You can make it about me being wrong if it helps you ignore that reality, but it doesn’t change the reality.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                      • Mar 2004

Re: Reasons for pessimism

Part of me thinks a down year might not ve the end of the world.

I hate to waste a year of Allen’s prime, and honestly, only way the team is truly “bad” is if Allen were injured.

But accepting a “cap hell” year and making moves to have actual ability to, cut the fat like Von and Diggs (if Diggs continues to stink), add players in 2025, higher draft picks and a change at HC might be the Fastest way to getting this team through the current ceiling.

the Fail era was full of 7-9 and 8-8 teams that kept Them from getting the top picks or making the needed changes whether it was HC, GM or whatever. Didn’t help they drafted like ****.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

I have no idea who broke this out and made it a separate thread. I think it’s stupid for not letting me inject reality into the optimism thread and I detest the title because it isn’t reasons for pessimism. It’s the reality of the situation.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Woodman
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Apr 2014

Injuries to key personnel on defense are what beat us this season.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

Oh God, STFU already

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                              Use the other thread. This one has an obvious specific intent, nobody should have an issue with following the lead. Your comments haven't been removed or edited, just put in a different thread.

Personally, I thought the 'pessimism' in the title was an appropriate play off of this one.

And I don't care if you're annoyed.
                              This is just absurd. It’s pure homerism that wants to ignore real problems. This thread has nothing to do with discussing the team objecitlvely and fairly. I don’t understand why people want to pull the wool over their own eyes or why the mods are supporting it.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X