PDA

View Full Version : Future Salary Cap, and why we shouldn't really worry about next year's number

Forward_Lateral
01-30-2024, 10:40 AM
Over the cap dot com has future Salary caps for NFL teams as follows

2024: 243.5 million

2025: 260 million

2026: 284 million

2027: 314 million

Now, I do not know how accurate these are, or how they came up with them. But, if they are close, The Bills will have no issues with the cap after 2024, and really, it won't be much of an issue in 2024 either. They have over 100 million in space in 2026 and 2027 and 30 million in space in 2025.

Granted these are projections, they aren't usually very far off.

There's a salary cap boom coming, it's just a matter of when.

For now, don't panic about next year's cap. They will figure out a way, they always do.

Relax, enjoy the NHL All-star/NFL probowl festivities with a few sodas, or take your best girl out and celebrate being alive.

YardRat
01-30-2024, 11:05 AM
They are going to have to push a lot of money...especially from Allen/Diggs/Miller...into those future years to simply get under this year.

But, the cap is at least half of a mirage and Beane has been managing to still bring contributors in so no reason to think he can't keep doing it.

Forward_Lateral
01-30-2024, 11:15 AM
They are going to have to push a lot of money...especially from Allen/Diggs/Miller...into those future years to simply get under this year.

But, the cap is at least half of a mirage and Beane has been managing to still bring contributors in so no reason to think he can't keep doing it.
Agreed. I think sometimes we make too much of it.

Shoot, remember the cash to cap days? I'd much rather be worried about getting under the cap than those days when they wouldn't sign anything not in the bargain bin.

Mad Max
01-30-2024, 11:23 AM
I just finished my post and then I see this one posted! Haha

feel free to merge Mod