PDA

View Full Version : Justin Tucker pregame drama with Travis Kelce, Patrick Mahomes

Woodman
01-30-2024, 05:32 PM
Justin Tucker has seen a lot on the field in his 12-year NFL career, but the pregame incident before Sunday’s AFC Championship game was a first for the veteran kicker.

Tucker, who’s spent his entire career with Baltimore, explained what happened on the field when he was stretching near Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes and Kansas City tight end Travis Kelce came over and threw his helmet and practice balls out of the way.

“The way it works is each team’s kicker goes to the other team’s designated warmup area on the field,” Tucker told reporters (https://x.com/sportswcoleman/status/1752043561434906796?s=20) Monday while at his locker.

“For me, it’s usually 90 mins before kickoff. I’ve been doing the exact same thing for 12 years, never really had a problem with anybody. I saw Patrick there trying to warm up and get some drop backs. He asked me while I was on the ground stretching if I could move my helmet.

Justin Tucker details pregame drama with Travis Kelce, Patrick Mahomes (https://nypost.com/2024/01/30/sports/justin-tucker-details-pregame-drama-with-travis-kelce-patrick-mahomes/)

Typ0
01-30-2024, 05:38 PM
They should be fined all their winnings.

Novacane
01-30-2024, 06:29 PM
Petty. Tucker could have moved his helmet. KC could have moved over a little. If they were insistent on moving the helmet it didn't need to be tossed away like that but we already know Kelce is a douche.

Typ0
01-30-2024, 06:49 PM
Maybe if Tucker would have just decked Kelce right in front of his sweetheart they could have won the damn football game too.

Historian
01-31-2024, 04:55 AM
An utterly pathetic display of sportsmanship.

Forward_Lateral
01-31-2024, 08:53 AM
Dude, you are a kicker. Move your crap.

I don't blame Kelce here, unfortunately

Bill Cody
01-31-2024, 10:27 AM
I think Tucker was wrong and the Ravens should cut him immediately. And then we should sign him.

Woodman
01-31-2024, 10:45 AM
I think Tucker was wrong and the Ravens should cut him immediately. And then we should sign him.

This this right here seems to be a fantastic remedy to this unfortunate event.

Secondly I hope the reporters blow this way the **** out of proportion all week and it causes angst all week and next ...... keep this rolling and hopefully it negatively distracts the players just enough ..... keep it in their heads.

I'd concentrate on PM and TK ....... when is press day! :band:

Never let em forget it and if they get up to leave make it the story of the week.

Look how they treated that poor kicker :roflmao:

Woodman
01-31-2024, 10:47 AM

I support the kicker in this one.

It's a huge field and he was obviously there 1st.

Don't really give a **** just supporting the greatest kicker in history.

sahlensguy
01-31-2024, 10:53 AM
I support the kicker in this one.

It's a huge field and he was obviously there 1st.

Don't really give a **** just supporting the greatest kicker in history.

The goat kicker starting something with the goat TE and the goat QB. Brilliant! We saw who won that kerfuffle.

Typ0
01-31-2024, 10:55 AM

He was warming up in the same place he always does. Why do you support these bullies?

sahlensguy
01-31-2024, 10:58 AM
He was warming up in the same place he always does. Why do you support these bullies?

The Bill's could use a few bullies...

Woodman
01-31-2024, 11:00 AM
The goat kicker starting something with the goat TE and the goat QB. Brilliant! We saw who won that kerfuffle.

It's up to the media covering this to keep this in their heads ...... UNTIL KICKOFF :roflmao:

Woodman
01-31-2024, 11:02 AM

:jam::jam::jam::jam:

sahlensguy
01-31-2024, 11:06 AM
It's up to the media covering this to keep this in their heads ...... UNTIL KICKOFF :roflmao:

I think this had more to do with the game than people are giving it credit for. More so than locker room material. It's poking the bear just before kick-off and we saw the game Kelce had. The kicker started something he couldn't finish. Might have meant nothing, but why even go there.

Woodman
01-31-2024, 11:11 AM
The Bill's could use a few bullies...

We could use a few football players more.

Woodman
01-31-2024, 11:13 AM
I think this had more to do with the game than people are giving it credit for. More so than locker room material. It's poking the bear just before kick-off and we saw the game Kelce had. The kicker started something he couldn't finish. Might have meant nothing, but why even go there.

One thing maybe the only thing the media looks for is any type of distraction that they can drive home during Super Bowl week ..... this is just bull**** enough to accomplish what they lay dreaming about.

sahlensguy
01-31-2024, 11:14 AM
One thing maybe the only thing the media looks for is any type of distraction that they can drive home during Super Bowl week ..... this is just bull**** enough to accomplish what they lay dreaming about.

I mean you did start a thread about it...

Woodman
01-31-2024, 11:39 AM
I mean you did start a thread about it...

Just doing my part .... hopefully the media grabs this by the horns and doesn't let go.

sahlensguy
01-31-2024, 11:41 AM
Just doing my part .... hopefully the media grabs this by the horns and doesn't let go.

It just sounded like you were complaining about this story not going away. :lol:

Woodman
01-31-2024, 11:49 AM
It just sounded like you were complaining about this story not going away. :lol:

:lol: :cheers:

Novacane
01-31-2024, 12:15 PM
Do we know for sure who was there first?

sahlensguy
01-31-2024, 12:17 PM

Shouldn't matter. If you're the kicker, don't poke the bear.

Cntrygal
02-03-2024, 01:30 PM

Tucker (and probably the KC kicker) was out there for quite a while before Kelce/Mahomes were out there.

Bill Cody
02-05-2024, 01:40 PM

He's on their side of the field. So he's in essence a guest. If you invite someone over it's not cool for them to plop down on your lazy boy.

Woodman
02-05-2024, 01:50 PM
He's on their side of the field. So he's in essence a guest. If you invite someone over it's not cool for them to plop down on your lazy boy.
He never invited them ..... he was there 1st. :box:

Cntrygal
02-05-2024, 08:25 PM

And the KC kicker was on the other side. The kickers warm up on both sides (or so I'm told).

Woodman
02-05-2024, 10:17 PM
And the KC kicker was on the other side. The kickers warm up on both sides (or so I'm told).

Yes they do.

Bill Cody
02-06-2024, 10:48 AM

Yes. So the KC kicker has to take care as well not to be a rude guest.

Woodman
02-06-2024, 02:18 PM
Yes. So the KC kicker has to take care as well not to be a rude guest.

I'll guarantee you both kickers test both ends of the field and are on the field 1st.

I'll also guarantee you it never bothered anybody before.

The Chiefs went out of their way to act out.