PDA

View Full Version : Which QB will lead the East this season?

WG
07-19-2002, 10:54 PM
Which AFCE QB will have the most yards this season?

BillsMan80
07-19-2002, 11:14 PM
Any real debate here?

WG
07-19-2002, 11:23 PM
I think so. I see Testeverde beating out Drew and Fiedler having a great year assuming his surgery ends up not hindering him.

Perhaps the poll should have been TDs. I'd say Drew will be either 3rd or 4th in TDs in the East.

WG
07-19-2002, 11:25 PM
Not that that'll be bad mind you. I simply think VT is gonna have a killer year w/ the cast he has and that Fiedler's finally gonna have something to work with and an RB to take the heat off.

The only WR in the AFCE I can see beating Moulds is Chambers. Chambers may very well be among the top 10 in the NFL by year's end. My money would go on Moulds to beat Chambers out however, at least in yards.

BillsMan80
07-19-2002, 11:29 PM
Testaverde is terrible...the guy is run-of-the-mill and Pennington should be starting...Chrebet or Coles are no better than #2 WRs, Testaverde's OL is in tranisition, and has a lack of 2 quality starters, and Testaverde has no TE Option. Testaverde is the Worst QB in the AFC East.

WG
07-19-2002, 11:37 PM
Possibly, but he's done some good things in recent years when he's had the talent around him. He has that this year. They add Moss to the mix this year, and w/ Martin as one of the NFL's best backs, they have a very good OL and I think you're underrating Becht. I think he'll be fine. But w/ Martin's running, they don't need marquee WRs over there.

I'm not gonna disagree that Pennington should be starting and if that happens, obviously that changes things. But I assume that VT will start.

In his last 5 full seasons, he dusted DB's best year by a wide margin. He's kept up w/ Drew during the past couple of years although neither did well. VT may very well be finished however.

standingbuffalo43
07-20-2002, 01:02 AM
Vinnie didnt get the nickname Intercept-everde for nothing...he is putrid... the jets will be putrid and so will vinnie...VT's OL is in shambles...the main thing keeping VT in the starting spot is that Chad Pennington still isnt up to the task of becoming the next Todd Collins...

BillsMan80
07-20-2002, 01:03 AM
Easy Call though IMO.

WG
07-20-2002, 07:51 AM
Interesting you say that 43. Actually, Vinnie's TD/INT ratio is not much worse than DBs. Actually, I look more at the seasons he's had w/ the Ravens and Jets since he actually had some talent then as opposed to with the Bucs.

Since then he's got 117 TDs to 81 INTs, far better than Drew. So his best seasons have been recently, and his best career two were 33/19 and 29/7, something DB has only been able to dream about, having over 30 and having a 3/1 + TD/INT ratio for any given season. He's never even been above 2/1.

This will be a very interesting year. The AFCE arguably has the 4 most competitive teams in the AFC, at least inasmuch as offense goes.

Michael82
09-24-2002, 03:16 AM
Anyone change their minds on this, now? hehe :D

:evil:

Creemoredrinker
09-24-2002, 08:44 AM
:baghead:

...voted in the poll for Fiddler Crab! Even he does NOT believe in his own QB!

:lol:

WCoastFin
09-24-2002, 11:00 AM
This one will depend on who has the worst Running game.....C.Martin will pick it up soon if healthy...So I had to go with Bledsoe....with Brady in a close second.