PDA

View Full Version : Bronco's Gameplan

Buffarama
09-20-2002, 08:55 AM
Here's my take on what we're going to see Sunday:

Denver will try to run straight up, if they can't they will revert to the medium to long pass.
Here's the crux of their gameplan though. The Bills will be collapsing their line on the pass rush. They will counter with:

1) Screen plays
2) Flare passes to backs out of the backfield
3) Short little passes underneath the linebackers for 6- 12 yards a time (aka Jets)

This short dump off passing game is the real threat of Denver's offense against us. If we can defend this short air attack, we can win the game, while of course doing a decent job elsewhere.

casdhf
09-20-2002, 09:05 AM
They're gonna run. Thats it, just run.

JayWood
09-20-2002, 10:13 AM
Iam with Casdhf, they are going to run, run and run some more. I hope that Jerry Gray and the rest of the Defense is ready. I believe that we can win this game, but that is only based on how we stop the running game.

Ð
09-20-2002, 10:20 AM
The underneath passes will kill us if the running game doesn't.
Look for 150+ yds rushing & 300+ yds passing. Hopefully we can outscore them :D

clumping platelets
09-20-2002, 10:51 AM
They are gonna try to score more pts

:ontome:

WG
09-20-2002, 11:29 AM
cas and JW have got it!

Why would they do anything but run?

We haven't proven that we can stop any run. You may point to the Jets game and say we "stopped" the run. I would counter with the argument that if they didn't run, only 11 attempts (RBs), 4 by an injured Martin, then we couldn't have stopped them. In any case, less than 1 run per drive hardly constitutes an effort.

Vs. Minnesota and in the entire preseason, if nothing else, we proved that we simply cannot stop the run. Period!

So I agree w/ cas. 250 yards rushing for the Broncos. Why pass when your line can simply outperform ours and your RBs can put up a huge day.

Any passing will simply be icing on the cake. I also don't think that given the explosiveness of our O, that Denver/Shanahan is gonna relent in trying to score points.

ToP should be no more than say 24 minutes, and that's if we're lucky.

This game will be determined by how well Denver plays our passing game. I envision a pressured Drew sustaining 5-8 sacks on the day and several INTs.

As usual, I sure hope not! I really hope for a close game, although it'd have to be high-scoring to be realistic, and a win by us. Denver is not Minnesota or the weakened Jets either. They are the #1 rush D, #4 overall D, not just ahead of us at 30 and 29.

If Henry has more than 40 yards barring one LOOONG run I'll be shocked.

LABillsFan
09-20-2002, 11:35 AM
They will stretch the D out and mix up the run with the screen passes hoping the Bills will over pursue. Look for the long ball in the second have once the thin air starts taking it's toll on the LB's and DB's.

casdhf
09-20-2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
So I agree w/ cas.

:wail:

Ebenezer
09-20-2002, 01:43 PM
two words...Rod Smith.