PDA

View Full Version : Wood and Morse

ghz in pittsburgh
02-01-2024, 08:16 PM
When the Centers talk, you listen. A lot of interesting info

1) sounds like in the exit interview, Beane talked to Morse that the Bills may need his cap space. And Morse announced that he wants to continue to play. I suspect something is going to be done there. Morse said "whatever the outcome, it is a cause for celebration." I don't know what to interpret that.
2) Very high praise to Torrence. We all saw some struggles towards the end for Torrence but I'm surprised to hear Morse praising the rookie's intelligence, saying better than when he was a rookie.
3) Both Wood and Morse said nice things about Kromer, which is not surprising. The interesting thing is that Kromer stresses intelligence, and he actually coached Cook - I suppose it is for blocking(?) and maybe running as well? Also Morse said Kromer is at ease of where he's at --- he's not looking to be an OC or HC, so the Bills might be able to have stability at the O-Line coach position for a long time.
4) Reading defense and setting up blocking scheme. 75% Allen, 25% Morse.
5) Allen does get special treatment from the Erie County. Wood said Allen's property is 50 acres and was never on the market; they actually re-zoned it to get him that much property. Not surprised they kept it quiet, similar to a lot of hidden deals we never know about it, for the rich and famous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=betG3NFE0mQ

Mad Max
02-01-2024, 09:20 PM
When the Centers talk, you listen. A lot of interesting info

1) sounds like in the exit interview, Beane talked to Morse that the Bills may need his cap space. And Morse announced that he wants to continue to play. I suspect something is going to be done there. Morse said "whatever the outcome, it is a cause for celebration." I don't know what to interpret that.
2) Very high praise to Torrence. We all saw some struggles towards the end for Torrence but I'm surprised to hear Morse praising the rookie's intelligence, saying better than when he was a rookie.
3) Both Wood and Morse said nice things about Kromer, which is not surprising. The interesting thing is that Kromer stresses intelligence, and he actually coached Cook - I suppose it is for blocking(?) and maybe running as well? Also Morse said Kromer is at ease of where he's at --- he's not looking to be an OC or HC, so the Bills might be able to have stability at the O-Line coach position for a long time.
4) Reading defense and setting up blocking scheme. 75% Allen, 25% Morse.
5) Allen does get special treatment from the Erie County. Wood said Allen's property is 50 acres and was never on the market; they actually re-zoned it to get him that much property. Not surprised they kept it quiet, similar to a lot of hidden deals we never know about it, for the rich and famous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=betG3NFE0mQ

He doesn’t sound too confident that they’re bringing him back. If they do I hope it’s on a pay cut and not a restructure. Let’s not kick money on another 33 year old.

YardRat
02-02-2024, 05:34 AM
If they cut him, they better have a more encouraging plan in place than plugging in Bates.

TheConsigliere
02-02-2024, 08:07 AM
If they cut him, they better have a more encouraging plan in place than plugging in Bates.
Psycho Norman Bates never was, is not and will never be a decent NFL starting OL let alone Centre.

Woodman
02-02-2024, 08:38 AM
He had a very good season .... if he doesn't play I'd love to see him join the staff and teach the new guy the ropes.

The OL was much improved overall this year ..... we need to continue and improve where needed.

What's available at Center in this draft?

Centers

Jackson Powers-Johnson, Oregon.
Zach Frazier, West Virginia.
Matt Lee, Miami.
Drake Nugent, Michigan.
Tanor Bortolini, Wisconsin.
Beaux Limmer, Arkansas.
Dylan McMahon, NC State.
Andrew Raym, Oklahoma.