PDA

View Full Version : Questionable Timing

buffalofan72
09-06-2003, 05:47 PM
NFL may investigate Milloys contact with other teams (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2003/writers/peter_king/09/06/milloy.fallout/)

dont worry he'll stay a Bill.

The Natrix
09-06-2003, 05:48 PM
link doesn't work for me...

The Natrix
09-06-2003, 05:49 PM
there ya go

Cntrygal
09-06-2003, 06:02 PM
Classic case of "KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT". GEEESHHH... A few days ago, we "shut the shop down - except for emergency's" and had a little bbq. (we've been pulling alot of OT lately) Then I cut them out of their a little early... with the statement... "don't be running around bragging to your friends other airment. We want to be able to do this more often." :rolleyes: anyone want to guess what was the first thing I heard about on the next duty day?

Same thing with Milloy/Poston... Shut the hell up already!

BigMike68
09-06-2003, 06:24 PM
Through a Bills spokesman, general manager Tom Donahoe said Saturday afternoon that his team had no contact with Poston until Milloy's name hit the NFL waiver wire Tuesday. But Milloy did not name Buffalo; the only team he named was Washington.

So don't worry Bills had nothing to do with it. The Redskins however could be in danger of losing a draft pick over it. Milloy won't have any reprocutions also it was his agent not him making the calls.

XNOUGHT
09-06-2003, 06:32 PM
TD gave Milloy a contract offer hours after he was cut.

Cntrygal
09-06-2003, 06:33 PM
Yeah, I know.. I read the article. But it still is irritating when people can't keep their mouths shut. Other than the "look at me" syndrome... there is NO purpose in running around saying "look - I broke the rules and now I might get the Skins into trouble - even though they are denying it".

RedEyE
09-06-2003, 06:42 PM
Just routine. The deal was done so quickly that it lifted a few eyebrows. They won't find anything increminating. Pats didn't pay for Milloy - bottom line. He feels that he was ousted by his team and wants to play for a solid organization with a future.

Doc
09-06-2003, 07:02 PM
So what if Donahoe had a contract already written up? He's not stupid you know. He knew the Pats were playing hardball with Milloy and that him getting cut was a possibility. It doesn't mean tampering. He's too smart for that.

lordofgun
09-06-2003, 07:24 PM
Any team that doesn't have a contract template ready in case of situations like this is a ******ed team. All TD had to do was fill in a few blanks and the cantract talks were initiated.

It's not inconceivable.

Ron C.
09-06-2003, 07:27 PM
Just sour grapes from a few chowderheads who are going to be surprised with their season.

bernielivsey_1
09-06-2003, 10:14 PM
This is a nothing story.