X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kscdogbillsfan1221
    • Nov 2007

special teams

i haven't seen any moves at the coaching spot there for us, unless i'm mistaken. i'm a bit surprised considering how poor that unit played all year long. thoughts?
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: special teams

I thought Smiley would be shown the door as soon as the season was over.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Typ0
      honey pie
      • Jul 2002

Well everyone makes every excuse for another squad because some guy got hurt ... where do you think the next man up came from? Might as well lump special teams in too. Truth is ... the guy doesn't look good but doesn't deserve to be fired for it the problem might not be him.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
        I thought Smiley would be shown the door as soon as the season was over.
        exactly my point

i feel dorsey was fired for less and frazier 'took a year off' for less as well
        I came.
        I saw.
        I conquered.

Comment

• Goobylal
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
          Well everyone makes every excuse for another squad because some guy got hurt ... where do you think the next man up came from? Might as well lump special teams in too. Truth is ... the guy doesn't look good but doesn't deserve to be fired for it the problem might not be him.
          I agree that Bass and Martin were terrible, and that's not on coaching, but how many returns did STs allow? That is on coaching.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
            I agree that Bass and Martin were terrible, and that's not on coaching, but how many returns did STs allow? That is on coaching.
            Martin did have a wonderful december (he was afc special teams player of the month i believe)
            otherwise, i do agree with you for the most part.
            i would also add in the 12 men on the field for the bronco game as another royal coaching **** up
            I came.
            I saw.
            I conquered.

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
              Except for key guys were getting ripped off his squads for other duties. Just saying it got pretty complicated to manage our roster last season and a big part of that falls on special teams even though we don't talk about it much.

I would say the special teams coach might be getting caught in the cross hairs which is why he wasn't fired. God must still have confidence in him and not want to risk losing a good coach.

Comment

Working...
              X