PDA

View Full Version : Bills hire Scott Booker

Woodman
02-14-2024, 04:25 PM
The Bills made another addition to their defensive staff, announcing the hiring of Scott Booker as their nickel coach and senior defensive assistant.

He spent the past six seasons working with the Titans in multiple roles. He was the safeties coach from 2020-23 after being a defensive assistant from 2018-19.

Booker helped Kevin Byard earn Pro Bowl and All-Pro Honors as the safety totaled 20 interceptions and 46 passes defensed during the six seasons he was with Tennessee.

Before joining the Titans, Booker spent 15 years coaching at the college level. He spent 2017 at the University of Nebraska as their safeties coach and special teams coordinator.

Bills hire Scott Booker as nickel coach/senior defensive assistant - NBC Sports (https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/bills-hire-scott-booker-as-nickel-coach-senior-defensive-assistant)

Historian
02-14-2024, 04:40 PM
Maybe this is the way to go, since coaches don't fall under the salary cap.

Hire 53 coaches.

One for each player.

:rofl:

Woodman
02-14-2024, 07:05 PM
I gotta feeling he won't be the last.

Typ0
02-14-2024, 08:37 PM
Maybe this is the way to go, since coaches don't fall under the salary cap.

Hire 53 coaches.

One for each player.

:rofl:

Part of me wants to find it encouraging but I have been soured by experience.

Didn't have enough cooks in the kitchen last year ... let's **** things up and have too many next year.

That is my concern here. McDermott over correcting for his own blunders does not spell well for our reality. Not humble. Sitting at the table gnawing on a turkey leg like a fat cat.

Would like to think he is reacting to his lack of thinking blowing up the big games. Please tell me that's what it is.

Typ0
02-14-2024, 08:41 PM
I hope these guys teach and question how well our guys are taught.

Woodman
02-14-2024, 09:08 PM

Didn't have enough cooks in the kitchen last year ... let's **** things up and have too many next year.

That is my concern here. McDermott over correcting for his own blunders does not spell well for our reality. Not humble. Sitting at the table gnawing on a turkey leg like a fat cat.

Would like to think he is reacting to his lack of thinking blowing up the big games. Please tell me that's what it is.

Add some cooks see wtf happens.

Historian
02-15-2024, 04:51 AM

Well that was kinda my point....it does smell of reaction formation.

However, I'm hopeful that McD realized that he had too much on his shoulders last season.

Let the coaches coach, so he can be the chief administrator.

Typ0
02-15-2024, 07:23 AM
Well that was kinda my point....it does smell of reaction formation.

Exactly! Which indicates more of the same if you ask me. More reactive CYA than proactive go for it. That's why you kick the field-goal. We can't win it all with this mentality he needs an attitude adjustment or we need a new head coach. We need someone there who wants to TAKE a championship not one who sits around and waits for one to fall in his lap.

sahlensguy
02-15-2024, 07:45 AM
Exactly! Which indicates more of the same if you ask me. More reactive CYA than proactive go for it. That's why you kick the field-goal. We can't win it all with this mentality he needs an attitude adjustment or we need a new head coach. We need someone there who wants to TAKE a championship not one who sits around and waits for one to fall in his lap.

McD was probably told not to take so much on this year. I doubt it was even his initiative.

Typ0
02-15-2024, 03:37 PM
McD was probably told not to take so much on this year. I doubt it was even his initiative.

Well if the owner is telling him what to do that sucks because it's just another excuse he's going to have ...

kscdogbillsfan1221
02-15-2024, 03:53 PM
Ok, another defensive coach

but there are (were) 3 glaring issues that needed to be dealt with that weren’t

1) strength and conditioning (why the **** is our defense always in pieces every year)
2) wr coach.
3) special teams coach

I’d argue if any of these 3 were better this year, the Lombardi may be ours