PDA

View Full Version : Araiza signed

sahlensguy
02-22-2024, 03:11 PM
With the Chiefs

Thurmal
02-22-2024, 03:13 PM
Can't wait until this guy drills 4-5 punts inside the five against us in a huge game, which is something we all know is destined to happen.

Bill Cody
02-22-2024, 03:16 PM
Can't wait until this guy drills 4-5 punts inside the five against us in a huge game, which is something we all know is destined to happen.

I'd take that right now. When's the last time the Chiefs punted 5 times in a game against us?

Turf
02-22-2024, 03:41 PM
Looking for clicks?

Bill Cody
02-22-2024, 03:49 PM
I'm happy for the kid. He's been through a lot just to get to this point none of which was his fault. Do I think it was a missed opportunity for us? Yeah kind of. I mean Martin has been fine but Araiza could be an upgrade and cheaper, although probably about a wash in year 1 with the dead cap of 800k on Martin.

Canadian'eh!
02-22-2024, 04:21 PM
Luckily, KC never punts against us.

Woodman
02-22-2024, 04:24 PM
Not surprised.

Novacane
02-22-2024, 04:25 PM
Chiefs are smart. Young and cheap and will out punt most punters in the league. Good for him. He'll get a ring before JA.

Mad Max
02-22-2024, 10:42 PM
The smartest teams do the smartest things. Repeatedly.

Gaining huge advantages in the pros where everyone is elite is very difficult. This means that acquiring as many edges as possible no matter how slight is very important.

We need to be smart…er.

Woodman
02-23-2024, 12:03 AM
Could have had him cheap.

sahlensguy
02-23-2024, 09:15 AM
Looking for clicks?

Nah. I was trying to trick Woodman. :lol:

Thurmal
02-23-2024, 11:11 AM
I'd take that right now. When's the last time the Chiefs punted 5 times in a game against us?

Four times total in four playoff games!

Bill Cody
02-23-2024, 11:30 AM
Four times total in four playoff games!

wow

Bill Cody
02-23-2024, 11:31 AM
With our offense the punter isn't nearly as important as the kicker. We need an upgrade there.

notacon
02-23-2024, 12:16 PM
The bills may be kicking themselves for not signing Araiza, sooner rather than later.

RandyMoss84
02-23-2024, 02:37 PM
The bills may be kicking themselves for not signing Araiza, sooner rather than later.

I doubt Araiza wants to sign with the Bills after not keeping him on the roster after the court case is over and I do not blame him for that

YardRat
02-23-2024, 02:48 PM
Shouldn't have drafted him to begin with, waste of a draft pick with or without the baggage.

sahlensguy
02-23-2024, 03:17 PM
Shouldn't have drafted him to begin with, waste of a draft pick with or without the baggage.

Fair

Woodman
02-23-2024, 03:23 PM
With our offense the punter isn't nearly as important as the kicker. We need an upgrade there.
I'd be looking for both positions to see change.

The placekicker is obvious.

Punter pulls a hammy running 15 yards ...... no thanks we need a better athlete.

Goobylal
02-25-2024, 01:03 PM
It's good to see he gets another chance after being wrongfully accused by a ho with a shyster for a lawyer. That it's with the Chefs sucks, but he's not going to make a difference in them winning and losing and he's replacing the best punter in the league. But I hope he has a long career as an average punter who goes from team to team.

And I saw an interview with him a few months ago and he basically said the Bills didn't have his back. I knew then he would never re-sign with them.

And if Chris Jones leaves in FA, who cares who they sign at punter?

Bill Cody
02-26-2024, 10:16 AM

The draft is full of waste. Close to 90% of 6th rounders don't make the team. The idea that you should never draft a punter is wrong.

daryls61
02-26-2024, 10:45 AM
Epic Fail by Bills not so sign Punt God. They trotted Martin out there against Chiefs and he couldn't punt. Should of IR'd him and signed Punt God back then. what a fail. The curse of the PUNT GOD is alive and well.

Woodman
02-26-2024, 11:01 AM
Epic Fail by Bills not so sign Punt God. They trotted Martin out there against Chiefs and he couldn't punt. Should of IR'd him and signed Punt God back then. what a fail. The curse of the PUNT GOD is alive and well.

It was an insane choice ...........

sahlensguy
02-26-2024, 03:36 PM
It was an insane choice ...........
I wanted Araiza to work out for the Bill's like everyone else, but he was a project when we drafted him. Could punt it in the lake but he didn't have much else and never took a regular season snap in the league. I would have been mortified seeing him on his first active roster in a Bill's playoff game.

Woodman
02-26-2024, 03:54 PM
I wanted Araiza to work out for the Bill's like everyone else, but he was a project when we drafted him. Could punt it in the lake but he didn't have much else and never took a regular season snap in the league. I would have been mortified seeing him on his first active roster in a Bill's playoff game.

We'll find out soon enough if he's any good.

I'm sure the Chiefs liked what they saw when he auditioned for them.

Playoff I get it ....... but he had to be a better choice than the injured Martin.

Martin IMO should have been IR'D he was still injured.

Araiza was our starter until the accusations were made ..... he won the job.

Goobylal
02-26-2024, 06:01 PM

I'll bet anything Araiza didn't want to return because the Bills, right or wrong, didn't have his back.

Woodman
02-26-2024, 08:21 PM
I'll bet anything Araiza didn't want to return because the Bills, right or wrong, didn't have his back.
I'm sure if we had made the offer he would have taken the employment.

I'm sure he was pissed however.

Bill Cody
02-27-2024, 09:49 AM

I wouldn't have been worried

sahlensguy
02-27-2024, 09:54 AM
I wouldn't have been worried

Hey, maybe he would have picked up that 1st down on the fake. We'll never know...

Bill Cody
02-27-2024, 10:30 AM
Hey, maybe he would have picked up that 1st down on the fake. We'll never know...

ugh

You had to bring that play up:rain:

Bill Cody
02-27-2024, 12:05 PM
I'd be looking for both positions to see change.

The placekicker is obvious.

Punter pulls a hammy running 15 yards ...... no thanks we need a better athlete.

You Araiza a good point

Mad Max
02-27-2024, 02:00 PM
You Araiza a good point

There was no good araizan for the Bills to not at least approach the kid after he was cleared.

TacklingDummy
02-27-2024, 03:12 PM
A few of us had the wait and see before we convicted Punt God.

Others (the usual left) had him convicted and wanted him gone.

How convenient the threads are gone from back then.

Woodman
02-27-2024, 04:44 PM

The Bills couldn't take the heat ...... too bad really.

Goobylal
02-28-2024, 06:38 AM
I'm sure if we had made the offer he would have taken the employment.

I'm sure he was pissed however.

If the Bills had been the only suitor, sure. But it wouldn't surprise me that there were several teams interested, and the Chefs were the obvious choice.

Novacane
02-29-2024, 07:26 AM
Punt the least of any punter in the league. Stand on the sideline and watch Mahomes knock the team that presumed you guilty out of the playoffs again. Get a super bowl ring. If there were other teams interested. picking KC was an easy choice.

Bill Cody
02-29-2024, 10:18 AM
Punt the least of any punter in the league. Stand on the sideline and watch Mahomes knock the team that presumed you guilty out of the playoffs again. Get a super bowl ring. If there were other teams interested. picking KC was an easy choice.

Yeah I can see that view. But to me if I was a guy that could punt the ball 80 yards I'd want to sign with the worst team in the league so I could do what I do a LOT. The fun of sports is PLAYING not watching.

Bill Cody
02-29-2024, 10:27 AM

It almost didn't matter what anyone believed or didn't believe I don't think. The Bills were in a tough spot. You had to take the accusation seriously. But the problem was no one knew what the facts were and it took like a year for Araiza to get exonerated. Exactly what were the Bills supposed to do? Carry an extra punter on the roster?

YardRat
02-29-2024, 10:54 AM
It almost didn't matter what anyone believed or didn't believe I don't think. The Bills were in a tough spot. You had to take the accusation seriously. But the problem was no one knew what the facts were and it took like a year for Araiza to get exonerated. Exactly what were the Bills supposed to do? Carry an extra punter on the roster?

They wouldn't have been in any spot if they had passed on him, like a couple of other teams had.

We could have had, and the guy I wanted, Stonehouse with the same pick or as an UDFA. No headaches, which the team should have been aware of going in.

Beane ****ed up, plain and simple.

Bill Cody
02-29-2024, 11:39 AM
They wouldn't have been in any spot if they had passed on him, like a couple of other teams had.

We could have had, and the guy I wanted, Stonehouse with the same pick or as an UDFA. No headaches, which the team should have been aware of going in.

ok

Burn him at the stake he wasted a 6th rounder. It will never happen again. Except probably this year.

Mad Max
02-29-2024, 12:06 PM
ok

Burn him at the stake he wasted a 6th rounder. It will never happen again. Except probably this year.

lol. Gotta love the hyperbole we’re all guilty of at times on the interwebs. This time it’s Yardie with the zinger…

Beane fvdfed up a sixth round pick :comedy:

Goobylal
03-01-2024, 02:48 PM

They will probably lose Chris Jones and Lajarius Sneed in FA, and those will be major losses. Araiza won't overcome them.

The Bills made the correct decision letting him go. He would have been a distraction for the court of public opinion.

Please. It's not Beane's fault some whore and her shyster lawyer falsely accused him.

notacon
03-02-2024, 12:02 PM
They will probably lose Chris Jones and Lajarius Sneed in FA, and those will be major losses. Araiza won't overcome them.

The Bills made the correct decision letting him go. He would have been a distraction for the court of public opinion.

Please. It's not Beane's fault some whore and her shyster lawyer falsely accused him.

Good points Gooby.

The Bills signing Araiza even at this time (much worse when the controversy first hit) would still offer up the " distraction for the court of public opinion".

Even though I said that "The bills may be kicking themselves for not signing Araiza, sooner rather than later." that was a knee jerk reaction that rose more from KC signing him than what it meant for the quality of the Bills roster.

A punter is pretty low on the priority for the Bills.

Goobylal
03-02-2024, 01:08 PM
Good points Gooby.

The Bills signing Araiza even at this time (much worse when the controversy first hit) would still offer up the " distraction for the court of public opinion".

Even though I said that "The bills may be kicking themselves for not signing Araiza, sooner rather than later." that was a knee jerk reaction that rose more from KC signing him than what it meant for the quality of the Bills roster.

A punter is pretty low on the priority for the Bills.

The court of public opinion has pretty much been shut up by not only the lack of charges but him even being dropped from the civil suit. What (else) is there to be outraged over (now)?

As for the Bills (making a mistake by) not signing him, as I said earlier that ship probably sailed when they cut him initially. He didn't feel they had his back so he owed them nothing.

Novacane
03-02-2024, 02:39 PM
The Bills couldn't take the heat ...... too bad really.

But they could take the heat with Von?

Novacane
03-02-2024, 02:42 PM

Not saying he will. Mahomes will though. It doesn't seem to matter who you take away from him.

Woodman
03-02-2024, 03:10 PM

Too much committed ..... bet they actually hoped he be dragged away.

Then the cap gets immediate relief JMO.

Woodman
03-02-2024, 03:13 PM
Not saying he will. Mahomes will though. It doesn't seem to matter who you take away from him.
They lost 6 games so it did have some effect ..... just not enough quite yet.

Winning the division will be a real test this coming season IMO.

Harbaugh will make a huge difference in L.A.

Goobylal
03-02-2024, 04:09 PM

Von wasn't accused of raping a child and then having a gang bang with her and his teammates.

Doubtful. Especially if Burrow is healthy.

Typ0
03-03-2024, 07:30 AM
It was more timing in this that even gave the Bills the chance to walk away. At the time I couldn't much fault them for just removing the distraction from everything.

However, I wish they were able to handle it differently and protect their asset and investment. Example: sit tight and don't say anything for a little bit and maybe the NFL does something which would be taking a big hot potato out of your court and protecting your asset because a reprimand and suspension still leaves the asset in your possession potentially. It seemed like they could have let that angle play out a little bit they just couldn't believe it didn't want it and reacted.

Goobylal
03-03-2024, 08:27 AM
It was more timing in this that even gave the Bills the chance to walk away. At the time I couldn't much fault them for just removing the distraction from everything.

However, I wish they were able to handle it differently and protect their asset and investment. Example: sit tight and don't say anything for a little bit and maybe the NFL does something which would be taking a big hot potato out of your court and protecting your asset because a reprimand and suspension still leaves the asset in your possession potentially. It seemed like they could have let that angle play out a little bit they just couldn't believe it didn't want it and reacted.

The NFL couldn't do anything because the incident happened before he entered the NFL. The only thing I believe the Bills could have done is put him on the suspended list, but they would have had to face bad press and protestors the entire season (SDPD announced charges wouldn't be filed against him in mid-December) and would have had to pay him his $1M salary and pay another punter on top of it. It wasn't worth it for a punter who hadn't even played in a real game.

Typ0
03-03-2024, 08:57 AM
The NFL couldn't do anything because the incident happened before he entered the NFL.

Why is that?

Typ0
03-03-2024, 09:12 AM
Guess I base my opinion on everything these guys do on if someone called the league and had the discussion with them about the crock of **** that got dropped on top of them and the league made it clear they "DO NOT" have the Bills back.

It's a very sticky situation and possible the Bills reacted poorly we will never know until the book comes out -- "IF" there is a book. They had put up with a lot of bull**** already and no doubt were dug in with the league. It was the beginning of a new season. How do the most difficult things get handled?

Goobylal
03-03-2024, 09:30 AM
Why is that?

It's just the way it is.

Typ0
03-03-2024, 11:03 AM
It's just the way it is.

Oh really. Well I don't think it is true. The NFL is a private organization they can do whatever they want in a lot of circumstances.

Goobylal
03-03-2024, 12:20 PM
Oh really. Well I don't think it is true. The NFL is a private organization they can do whatever they want in a lot of circumstances.

It is true. It was likely something wanted by the NFLPA.

notacon
03-03-2024, 12:31 PM
The court of public opinion has pretty much been shut up by not only the lack of charges but him even being dropped from the civil suit. What (else) is there to be outraged over (now)?

As for the Bills (making a mistake by) not signing him, as I said earlier that ship probably sailed when they cut him initially. He didn't feel they had his back so he owed them nothing.

Are you seriously asking that question???

Uhhhhhhhh.....widespread "outrage" is triggered by much less.

Have you been paying attention to what "outrages" people these days??? A substantial percentage based on OUTRIGHT LIES (https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/12/14/biden-impeachment-inquiry-comer-evidence/)???? I could list some of them but would have to delve into politics.

Goobylal
03-03-2024, 12:42 PM
Are you seriously asking that question???

Uhhhhhhhh.....widespread "outrage" is triggered by much less.

Have you been paying attention to what "outrages" people these days??? A substantial percentage based on OUTRIGHT LIES (https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/12/14/biden-impeachment-inquiry-comer-evidence/)???? I could list some of them but would have to delve into politics.

Biden's as crooked as the day is long. Don't even start here.

DraftBoy
03-04-2024, 11:23 AM
Keep the politics to the Spin Zone.