PDA

View Full Version : Argos QB Kelly accused of harassment in wrongful dismissal lawsuit

Dr. Lecter
02-22-2024, 05:43 PM
A former Toronto Argonauts strength and conditioning coach has filed a wrongful dismissal lawsuit against the Canadian Football League team and quarterback Chad Kelly, alleging the league's highest-paid player and reigning Most Outstanding Player harassed her and that the team fired her after she rejected his advances.

The coach, who worked for the Argos from 2018 until January 2024, filed the lawsuit on Feb. 21 in Ontario Superior Court in Toronto. TSN does not publish the names of alleged victims of abuse and harassment without their permission.

She is suing the 29-year-old Kelly for $50,000 for alleged violations of the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Argos for $85,714, claiming wrongful dismissal.

https://www.tsn.ca/rick-westhead-argos-qb-kelly-accused-of-harassment-in-wrongful-dismissal-lawsuit-1.2079719

kscdogbillsfan1221
02-23-2024, 04:40 AM
Just ask wagoncircler

he’s a ‘good kid’
and tyrod Taylor’s ‘a thug’

TheConsigliere
02-23-2024, 06:11 AM
Just a drunk who can’t lead his team by example off the field and especially in preparation for the big playoff games.

Like his uncle.

Dr. Lecter
02-23-2024, 06:43 AM
Just ask wagoncircler

he’s a ‘good kid’

I can't kwhite see why he would say that

ticatfan
02-23-2024, 09:18 AM
Randy Moss's son signed with ticats.

Forward_Lateral
02-23-2024, 12:31 PM
I didn't think you could sue a fellow employee in Canada.

Also, I read that article. This lady made 25,000 a year. She's suing for over 3 x her salary.

This entire thing reeks

OpIv37
02-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Just ask wagoncircler

he’s a ‘good kid’

Someone called Tyrod a thug? Why?

Look, Tyrod is not a starting QB in this league. He's the quintessential backup. He'll get you 240 yards and 2-3 TD's between passing and rushing without turning the ball over, and give your other stars a chance to win it. But he's not going to take over a game and throw for 300 yards and 4 TD's.

That doesn't make him a thug. At any given time, there are maybe 20-25 people on the entire planet who truly deserve to be NFL starting QB's. Tyrod has never been in any kind of trouble and his teammates always seem to like him. How exactly is he a thug?

Dr. Lecter
02-23-2024, 12:40 PM

Look, Tyrod is not a starting QB in this league. He's the quintessential backup. He'll get you 240 yards and 2-3 TD's between passing and rushing without turning the ball over, and give your other stars a chance to win it. But he's not going to take over a game and throw for 300 yards and 4 TD's.

That doesn't make him a thug. At any given time, there are maybe 20-25 people on the entire planet who truly deserve to be NFL starting QB's. Tyrod has never been in any kind of trouble and his teammates always seem to like him. How exactly is he a thug?

Do you really need to ask that question?

I mean - I thought you were smarter than this.

OpIv37
02-23-2024, 12:48 PM
Do you really need to ask that question?

I mean - I thought you were smarter than this.

Yeah, I guess I kind of live in a bubble. Even the more conservative people in my life are past the "black guy = thug" mentality so sometimes I forget that the mentality still exists and is more widespread than anyone wants to admit.

That's the one good thing about Trump. I think a lot of people got a false sense of security about progress on racism in this country when Obama won two terms. Trump forced us to see just how far we still have to go regarding race. Unfortunately, he did it by exploiting and fueling racism rather than fighting it but at least now we know where we stand.

Forward_Lateral
02-23-2024, 01:48 PM
Not to derail this thread even more,

But I'd take Tyrod as Bills' backup QB over almost all the back ups in the league.

kscdogbillsfan1221
02-23-2024, 08:19 PM

Wagoncircler did when he was named a starter

the reason was an unsubstantiated report that tyrod got a grill after he was named starter
it ended up being False and wagoncircler used that report to refer to him as that

meanwhile, he was always defending Chad Kelly, even when getting arrested saying ‘I know him and his family. They are friends of mine. He’s a good kid’
kind of thing

TheConsigliere
02-24-2024, 06:43 AM

the reason was an unsubstantiated report that tyrod got a grill after he was named starter
it ended up being False and wagoncircler used that report to refer to him as that
meanwhile, he was always defending Chad Kelly, even when getting arrested saying ‘I know him and his family. They are friends of mine. He’s a good kid’
kind of thing

WHITE REPLACEMENT THEORY is a powerful drug once ingested.

Mike13
02-24-2024, 02:10 PM
You white. You Ben Affleck.

OpIv37
02-25-2024, 02:29 PM

kind of thing

Ah ok, so a black guy is a “thug” because it was falsely reported that he made a purchase to celebrate reaching the highest echelon of his profession, but a white guy who consistently gets in alcohol-related trouble is a “good kid.”

He’s not even trying to hide his racism.

And even if the grill thing were true, who cares? He’s a millionaire. It’s not how I’d spend the money if it were mine but it’s a free country.

Typ0
02-25-2024, 03:22 PM
I didn't think you could sue a fellow employee in Canada.

Also, I read that article. This lady made 25,000 a year. She's suing for over 3 x her salary.

This entire thing reeks

Yeah it reeks and there is a lot of fault on the part of the organization if advances were made because they are the ones who mixed it all up with firing her ass so there would be hell to pay in US law. Basically, here, the issue of her competence to perform her job becomes immaterial to her firing if there is a vast misappropriation of power in the relationship. There are consequences of trying to get the trim from the hired help.

Typ0
02-25-2024, 03:24 PM
I am not getting this whole Tyrod is thug thing at all. Tyrod is a great QB. Would love to have him on the team. Seeing him called a 'thug' is confusing about how people feel about Tryod Taylor. Are you mad he nearly handed it to Josh Allen last time they met or something?

Typ0
02-25-2024, 03:26 PM
Wait now...Tyrod is a thug because he bought a new grill with some of his earned money? I bet the person who said that doesn't have any white privilege either.

Mace
02-25-2024, 05:47 PM
I don't remember that...probably didn't pay attention,had other gripes with Taylor. Do remember arguing with a poster who called Stevie Johnson and David nelson thugs. Johnson was mentoring nelson..was being heckled for driving to the stadium in his wife and kids minivan...nelson was wholesome as apple pie but had an equally wholesome white gf...and the poster who I remember kept insisting Johnson was mentoring nelson into thug life.

Chad Kelly was on track In Denver then went off the rails....his problem.

Tyrod can't pass for 300 yards to save his life. That's still my gripe with him. In 13 years with 58 starts....he has thrown for 300 twice. You are not going to save a season with a qb who can't bring himself to step on the gas. Zach Wilson has more 300 yard games.

You want a backup in the same style as Allen who can throw..... it's Jacoby brissett. Get him, Allen is running out of injury luck.

OpIv37
02-25-2024, 08:35 PM
I don't remember that...probably didn't pay attention,had other gripes with Taylor. Do remember arguing with a poster who called Stevie Johnson and David nelson thugs. Johnson was mentoring nelson..was being heckled for driving to the stadium in his wife and kids minivan...nelson was wholesome as apple pie but had an equally wholesome white gf...and the poster who I remember kept insisting Johnson was mentoring nelson into thug life.

Chad Kelly was on track In Denver then went off the rails....his problem.

Tyrod can't pass for 300 yards to save his life. That's still my gripe with him. In 13 years with 58 starts....he has thrown for 300 twice. You are not going to save a season with a qb who can't bring himself to step on the gas. Zach Wilson has more 300 yard games.

You want a backup in the same style as Allen who can throw..... it's Jacoby brissett. Get him, Allen is running out of injury luck.

There’s a lot here….

I don’t remember much about Nelson. Stevie was far from a thug but he never really lived up to his potential. He lost me when he dropped what should have been the game winning TD against Pitt and then blamed God on Twitter. Just take accountability, man.

As far as Taylor, well I already said my piece **** him being a great backup. He’s the anti-Josh. Josh will turn the ball over trying to make a huge gain on every play. He’s right more than he’s wrong, but he’s still wrong a lot. He’ll get you the yard and the points. The price is turnovers and 4th downs because he tried to throw it 40 yards downfield on 3rd and 5 when the RB was open at the sticks.

Taylor will take that 3rd down check down every time but he will never attempt the big play.

Frenchman
02-25-2024, 09:21 PM
Jim Kelly has to really frown over the way his nephew has turned out.

cas22
02-26-2024, 09:59 AM
Chad isn't the smartest kid in the room and if I had to guess she was probably being friendly so Chad made his move. trouble follows him every where ..

Forward_Lateral
02-26-2024, 10:46 AM
Chad isn't the smartest kid in the room and if I had to guess she was probably being friendly so Chad made his move. trouble follows him every where ..

Just when it seemed like he had things on the right track, got sober, cleaned up his act, this comes out.

Now, who knows if it's true, but you'd think he would freaking know better already

justasportsfan
02-26-2024, 11:03 AM
Yeah, I guess I kind of live in a bubble. Even the more conservative people in my life are past the "black guy = thug" mentality so sometimes I forget that the mentality still exists and is more widespread than anyone wants to admit.

That's the one good thing about Trump. I think a lot of people got a false sense of security about progress on racism in this country when Obama won two terms. Trump forced us to see just how far we still have to go regarding race. Unfortunately, he did it by exploiting and fueling racism rather than fighting it but at least now we know where we stand.

politics in the football forum? I thought people got banned for that.

TacklingDummy
02-26-2024, 12:25 PM
Can we move this to the Circle Jerk Zone...err I mean Spin Zone?

justasportsfan
02-26-2024, 02:14 PM
Can we move this to the Circle Jerk Zone...err I mean Spin Zone?

TOS only applies to conservatives.

OpIv37
02-26-2024, 03:28 PM
TOS only applies to conservatives.

What a surprise.... a conservative playing the victim card.

justasportsfan
02-26-2024, 04:47 PM
What a surprise.... a conservative playing the victim card.

Don't be so defensive Opiv.You're safe and protected.
I don't care if you hijack a thread and make it political. It doesnt really bother me . Just thought it wasn't allowed.
I'm not a victim just pointing out the obvious.

OpIv37
02-26-2024, 05:55 PM
Don't be so defensive Opiv.You're safe and protected.
I don't care if you hijack a thread and make it political. It doesnt really bother me . Just thought it wasn't allowed.
I'm not a victim just pointing out the obvious.
I didn’t hijack anything. I simply responded to Lecter and kscdog.

And yes, when you claim the TOS is only applied to people like you, you are absolutely playing the victim card.

justasportsfan
02-26-2024, 06:20 PM
I didn’t hijack anything. I simply responded to Lecter and kscdog.

And yes, when you claim the TOS is only applied to people like you, you are absolutely playing the victim card.

He didn't bring up Trump or racism. You did.

Just stating the obvious.

Dr. Lecter
02-26-2024, 06:50 PM
Just stop. Please.

Can we keep this on Chad Kelly?