PDA

View Full Version : Tee Higgins has requested a trade

Woodman
03-11-2024, 09:29 AM
The Bengals placed the franchise tag on Tee Higgins to keep him in the fold for 2024.
But Higgins is apparently intent on playing elsewhere in the coming season.
According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, Higgins has requested a trade.
Higgins, 25, has grown disappointed that Cincinnati has not discussed a long-term contract with him since March 2023. So even as Higgins had hoped to be around the Bengals for years to come, he is ready to move on.

Tee Higgins has requested a trade - NBC Sports (https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/tee-higgins-has-requested-a-trade)

Woodman
03-11-2024, 10:07 AM
Disgruntled employee. :xtreme:

Woodman
03-11-2024, 10:26 AM
No one had called Bengals about trading for Tee Higgins before today; will they now? (https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/no-one-had-called-bengals-about-trading-for-tee-higgins-before-today-will-they-now)

Woodman
04-03-2024, 03:53 PM
Let's make a call.

kscdogbillsfan1221
04-03-2024, 04:41 PM
Let's make a call.
just stop woodie
lol

TacklingDummy
04-03-2024, 05:05 PM
Is it wrong to rather have a rookie or 2?

Ed
04-03-2024, 05:18 PM
No. Especially when this could be one of the best WR classes ever.

Novacane
04-03-2024, 05:50 PM

Nope. It's smart. Higgens is going to cost picks and big money. I'm not convinced he's a #1 either.

Mad Max
04-03-2024, 05:54 PM
Nope. It's smart. Higgens is going to cost picks and big money. I'm not convinced he's a #1 either.

He’s not a #1. He’s Alvin Harper who once he loses his Michael Irvin (Jamar Chase) is gonna be just ok…ie not worth the scratch some desperado is going to pay for him.

Novacane
04-03-2024, 06:01 PM
He’s not a #1. He’s Alvin Harper who once he loses his Michael Irvin (Jamar Chase) is gonna be just ok…ie not worth the scratch some desperado is going to pay for him.

I agree. Peerless Price is another comp.

Woodman
04-04-2024, 09:47 AM

We should go for 2.

Woodman
04-04-2024, 09:50 AM

We would shock the NFL just like yesterday if we were to secure the services of one Tee Higgins ..... having said that I'm sure there would be competition to get him.

IMO he's a special player a difference maker.

The Bengals would be ****ed if they lost him.

Bill Cody
04-04-2024, 10:06 AM
We would shock the NFL just like yesterday if we were to secure the services of one Tee Higgins ..... having said that I'm sure there would be competition to get him.

IMO he's a special player a difference maker.

The Bengals would be ****ed if they lost him.

I don't think he's a #1 receiver. That's why he's still a Bengal. If the Bengals got a 1st round pick in return he'd be gone because Cincy is cheap and they will have trouble affording 2 20m+ receivers. He's good don't get me wrong. But he's one of those win the 50/50 battles guys as opposed to a speedster. Think a more consistent Gabe Davis without the drops. I'd be happy to have him but we can't afford him this year.

The other thing that people need to remember is college football is breeding great receivers now like rabbits. If your front office does a good job in scouting you can draft your own Tee Higgins and it doesn't need to be in the top half of the 1st round. Higgins was a early 2nd rounder btw

Bill Cody
04-04-2024, 10:12 AM
The question I have boys is could we move Shakir outside into Diggs slot? He's a bit small but as Yardrat pointed out he's the same size as Diggs. I'm just asking because if the answer is yes and my 1st choice at 28 Adonai Mitchell is off the board maybe you draft the top slot guy in this year's draft Ladd McConkey of Ga

Forward_Lateral
04-04-2024, 10:32 AM
They just got rid of a malcontent.

Why would they bring in another one?

Woodman
04-04-2024, 10:33 AM
Bills probably believe that Shakir or Samuel could move to the outside.

I'm also a big McConkey fan.

Woodman
04-04-2024, 10:36 AM

He wants compensation.

If the Bengals believed he was a malcontent they'd jettison him any way they could.

Could come cheap. :D :D :D

He's earned a substantial raise IMO.

Bill Cody
04-04-2024, 10:36 AM

that may be a bit strong. Show me a WR that doesn't want to get paid? I haven't heard anything beyond that with Higgins.

Forward_Lateral
04-04-2024, 10:38 AM
that may be a bit strong. Show me a WR that doesn't want to get paid? I haven't heard anything beyond that with Higgins.

OK let me rephrase that.

They just ate/dumped a huge salary of a WR who's 10x the WR Tee Higgins is.

Why would they trade for a guy who wants way more money than he's worth?

Bill Cody
04-04-2024, 10:44 AM
OK let me rephrase that.

They just ate/dumped a huge salary of a WR who's 10x the WR Tee Higgins is.

Why would they trade for a guy who wants way more money than he's worth?

Hard to know what anyone is worth these days when it comes to WR's. You did see what Gabe Davis got right?
Anyway I can't see it happening and I don't want it to either.

Forward_Lateral
04-04-2024, 10:54 AM
Hard to know what anyone is worth these days when it comes to WR's. You did see what Gabe Davis got right?
Anyway I can't see it happening and I don't want it to either.
That's my point.

Draft one early, but make sure you do your homework and don't miss.

notacon
04-04-2024, 01:05 PM
Get rid of one overpaid diva that costs WAY too much and replace him with another????

NO THANK YOU!!!

One of the deepest WR draft classes is upon us. The Bills could easily get not one but TWO very good WR's with an extremely viable possibility of getting a stud #1 WR....on cheap rookie contracts for 4 or 5 years.

It's getting more and more obvious that this has been the plan for some time. There is a reason why Beane stocked up on draft picks. He is not shy when it comes to making draft day deals.

He also took care of a huge cap headache for 2025. The last thing in the world the Bills need is ADDING a cap headache diva.

cas22
04-04-2024, 02:23 PM
it doesn't take a rocket scientist to no that with great quarterbacking WRs are a dime a dozen, Brady never had over paid wrs, Manning had 1 in his whole career, look at Mahomes, and the list go's on, a great quarterback will make a decent wr look great, lets remember Diggs wasn't the same wr in minny that he was in Buffalo with Allen, Diggs best years were in Buffalo.

acehole
04-04-2024, 02:53 PM
I would not say diva at the diggs level but this is another #2 iMHO.
Besides how we going to pay him?

Better to have kept Davis if we pulled that one off.

Ed
04-04-2024, 04:15 PM
I think the Bills only make a significant trade like this if their WR draft plans fall a part. And they likely can't make a trade work until June 1st when the $10 mil for Tre White gets freed up.

Mad Max
04-04-2024, 04:15 PM
I would not say diva at the diggs level but this is another #2 iMHO.
Besides how we going to pay him?

Better to have kept Davis if we pulled that one off.

We’re not. We’re going to hold our salary cap water and be as competitive as possible and maybe get a little lucky this season and win it all.

Then next season we’re going to reload for our last best four year stretch with Josh and we’re definitely going to bring at least one home.

Woodman
04-04-2024, 08:39 PM
We’re not. We’re going to hold our salary cap water and be as competitive as possible and maybe get a little lucky this season and win it all.

Then next season we’re going to reload for our last best four year stretch with Josh and we’re definitely going to bring at least one home.

Excellent evaluation.

Woodman
04-14-2024, 07:39 PM
Tee Higgins anticipates playing for Bengals this season - NBC Sports (https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/tee-higgins-anticipates-playing-for-bengals-this-season)

Higgins and the Bengals have talked for two years without coming to terms on a long-term deal.

They have until 4 p.m. ET on July 15 to negotiate a new deal.

The one-year, fully guaranteed franchise tag will pay Higgins $21.8 million.