PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Poyer signing one-year deal with Miami Dolphins, per report

Woodman
03-12-2024, 05:58 PM
:lol:

Last Thursday, the Buffalo Bills (https://www.buffalorumblings.com/) parted ways with long-time safety and team captain Jordan Poyer, who still had one year remaining on the two-year contract he signed to return to the Bills last offseason.

Jordan Poyer signing one-year deal with Miami Dolphins, per report - Buffalo Rumblings (https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2024/3/12/24099054/former-buffalo-bills-safety-jordan-poyer-signing-one-year-deal-with-miami-dolphins-per-report)

justasportsfan
03-12-2024, 06:09 PM
He's gonna regret having to chase Tyreek in the Florida heat.

sukie
03-12-2024, 06:12 PM
He’s dead to me.

Woodman
03-12-2024, 06:15 PM
He’s dead to me.

:roflmao: Me to hahahaha.

Canadian'eh!
03-12-2024, 06:16 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! GOD NO!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woodman
03-12-2024, 06:18 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! GOD NO!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:roflmao: YESSSSSSSSSSSS! YESSSSSSSSSSSS! YESSSSSSSSS!

sukie
03-12-2024, 06:43 PM
Jordan Poyer will now know how it feels to have his soul crushed by the Bills. Its Former Bills Player career hospice.
Thurman will vouche.

Woodman
03-12-2024, 06:49 PM
Jordan Poyer will now know how it feels to have his soul crushed by the Bills. Its Former Bills Player career hospice.

Thurman will vouche.
He would definitely know all about that.

ParanoidAndroid
03-12-2024, 07:07 PM
He and his wife are perfect for that cesspool of narcissistic people made of plastic.

Woodman
03-12-2024, 07:14 PM
He and his wife are perfect for that cesspool of narcissistic people made of plastic.
Thinking exactly the same thing .... she was actually ready to go last year.

Nobody was interested.

Forward_Lateral
03-12-2024, 07:19 PM
Meh. He’s old and slow.

Woodman
03-12-2024, 07:25 PM
Meh. He’s old and slow.

:fogey:

Mad Max
03-12-2024, 07:27 PM
Who?

ALL fishstank players regardless of provenance are persona non grata

YardRat
03-12-2024, 07:34 PM
Thurman will vouche.

Thomas was 2-0 as a Dolphin against Buffalo.

And put me in the 'Dead to me' camp with Poyer.

Woodman
03-12-2024, 07:41 PM
Thomas was 2-0 as a Dolphin against Buffalo.

And put me in the 'Dead to me' camp with Poyer.

In his only season with the Dolphins, Thomas ran for 136 yards on 28 carries and no rushing touchdowns while having sixteen receptions for 117 yards and one receiving touchdown in nine games.

mchurchfie
03-12-2024, 08:03 PM
Phew, at least 30%-40% less missed tackles on the defensive side!

Ed
03-12-2024, 08:17 PM
I was convinced last year that Poyer was gone and would be a Dolphin, so I had already moved on prior to the surprising news that he was re-signing. No hard feelings from me. I enjoyed having him around for another season with Hyde, but it's time to upgrade.

This is about making his family happy and preparing for retirement.

OpIv37
03-12-2024, 08:20 PM
This feels like a reverse Charles Clay situation. Poyer will have an average season but in the 2 games against us, he’ll have 14 tackles, 5 pass deflections and 2 INT’s with one being a pick-6.

Novacane
03-12-2024, 08:37 PM
JA will still light them up.

DetoxTent
03-12-2024, 08:48 PM
He's old and oft injured. Like Hyde. Tre' White too injured now too. Won't miss any of them. Won't miss Gabe Davis. Won't miss Mitch Morse. Only will miss Leonard Floyd.

OpIv37
03-12-2024, 09:37 PM
He's old and oft injured. Like Hyde. Tre' White too injured now too. Won't miss any of them. Won't miss Gabe Davis. Won't miss Mitch Morse. Only will miss Leonard Floyd.

Who do we have that’s equal or better than the guys we lost? No one.
Who can we get that’s equal or better? Probably some options out there but we don’t have the cap to make it happen.

TacklingDummy
03-13-2024, 05:12 AM

Won't miss disappearing for the last 8 games Floyd either.

DetoxTent
03-13-2024, 05:13 AM
Who do we have that’s equal or better than the guys we lost? No one.
Who can we get that’s equal or better? Probably some options out there but we don’t have the cap to make it happen.

Once again, no one knew who he was when he came here. He made his name here. They will do that again. Not worried in the least bit. They will get younger, stronger, and faster while Poyer & his wife will become South Beach celebrities. I care about the football, not the celebrity stuff. Stop the hanf-wringing just because you don't know who's going to man the position right now. My goodness. The need for instant gratification isn't a good look.

DetoxTent
03-13-2024, 05:14 AM
You must have been sleeping, because Floyd didn't disappear in those games. You should re-read Football 101.

sukie
03-13-2024, 05:49 AM
After Jets game 11/19 he had 1 sack 6 reg season games 1 playoff and didn’t play vs KC… 1 sack 7 games. I was close

DetoxTent
03-13-2024, 06:08 AM
https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/3043136/leonard-floyd

Didn't disappear. Period. In fact, his tackle output was fairly consistent throughout the season. In fact, he equaled his season total in tackle in the Pittsburgh wildcard game with one tackle for loss.

sukie
03-13-2024, 06:16 AM
Of those 7 solo tackles (after Jets game) wouldn’t it have been swell if they were on the QB while he still had the ball?

Woodman
03-13-2024, 07:17 AM
Of those 7 solo tackles (after Jets game) wouldn’t it have been swell if they were on the QB while he still had the ball?

We would have kept him around had that happened.

sukie
03-13-2024, 08:08 AM
We would have kept him around had that happened.
No. He’s a money mercenary.

John Doe
03-13-2024, 08:18 AM
In his only season with the Dolphins, Thomas ran for 136 yards on 28 carries and no rushing touchdowns while having sixteen receptions for 117 yards and one receiving touchdown in nine games.
Plus, he only played in one of the games against the Bills and gained 50 total yards from scrimmage.

Woodman
03-13-2024, 09:08 AM
This feels like a reverse Charles Clay situation. Poyer will have an average season but in the 2 games against us, he’ll have 14 tackles, 5 pass deflections and 2 INT’s with one being a pick-6.
he won't do s hit against us.

Woodman
03-13-2024, 09:09 AM
Plus, he only played in one of the games against the Bills and gained 50 total yards from scrimmage.

so he had one big day. :roflmao:

Woodman
03-13-2024, 09:12 AM
No. He’s a money mercenary.

One of these is.

Woodman
03-13-2024, 09:14 AM

Totally cool with moving on from both.

Bill Cody
03-13-2024, 09:19 AM
Say it ain't so Jo

Bill Cody
03-13-2024, 09:22 AM
The smell of rotting fish guts will never leave him unfortunately

sukie
03-13-2024, 09:28 AM
He’ll be plumped up with Lip filler and Botox before the regular season.

OpIv37
03-13-2024, 10:58 AM
Once again, no one knew who he was when he came here. He made his name here. They will do that again. Not worried in the least bit. They will get younger, stronger, and faster while Poyer & his wife will become South Beach celebrities. I care about the football, not the celebrity stuff. Stop the hanf-wringing just because you don't know who's going to man the position right now. My goodness. The need for instant gratification isn't a good look.

Instant gratification? No. It's the insanity around here. "We lost 5 starters and we have no cap space. Meh, no big deal. Miami lost Wilkins- ha! They suck now!" It's mind-boggling.

Woodman
03-13-2024, 11:01 AM
Dolphins have lost an All Pro.

Mad Max
03-13-2024, 01:16 PM
Instant gratification? No. It's the insanity around here. "We lost 5 starters and we have no cap space. Meh, no big deal. Miami lost Wilkins- ha! They suck now!" It's mind-boggling.

No 2 of our player losses are as important as their Wilkins loss. Then they lost very key if unsung guys in Van Ginkel and Hunt.

We “lost” aging, broken, often broken.

Our biggest “loss” is Davis. He’ll be replaced with someone no worse and probably better through the draft.

notacon
03-13-2024, 01:17 PM

Uhhhhhh.....who said that? Are you making **** up again???

Out of the "5 starters we lost" Morse will be missed to some extent, but there is no reason to believe that McGovern will not fill that spot ably.

Floyd had a decent year, but was noticeably fading as the year progressed.

Gabe Davis has proven to be inconsistent at best, not going to miss him very much.

Tre' White is done. Two serous injuries have him a shell of his previous self. Both Benford and Douglas are more then suitable replacements with very little fall off.

Poyer is well past his prime. It's very telling that he got only $2M from Miami. His career is almost over.

These are all extremely good moves away from aging and/or under-performing players. NE mastered the timely moving on from vets. I applaud Beane for being proactive.

The Bills DO have cap space. Although the best way forward is to continue their very successful, draft, develop, retain model that will serve them very well with an elite highly paid QB on the roster.

Yes, it IS "no big deal". The core of the Bills is STRONG and getting younger. The past three drafts have been extremely good with several high quality starters (Rousseau, Spencer Brown, James Cook, Terrel Bernard, Shakir, Benford, Kincaid, Torrence).

The Bills WILL BE a SB contender next year, no matter the sourpuss baloney you want to spew like diarrhea.

Bill Cody
03-13-2024, 01:58 PM

Let's see how the draft goes