• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Bears trade Justin Fields to the Steelers for 2025 third-day pick

Bears trade Justin Fields to the Steelers for 2025 third-day pick - NBC Sports

Russell Wilson potentially will have competition after all.
    A day after trading former first-round pick Kenny Pickett to the Eagles — and six days after acquiring Wilson from the Broncos — the Steelers have traded for Justin Fields.
    The Bears get a 2025 sixth-round pick that upgrades to a 2025 fourth-round pick if he plays 51 percent of the offensive plays this season, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.
    It confirms what the Bears will do with the No. 1 overall pick. It won’t be a trade. It won’t be used for a receiver. The Bears will take a quarterback, and that quarterback is expected to be USC’s Caleb Williams.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • TheConsigliere
    • Aug 2022

Re: Bears trade Justin Fields to the Steelers for 2025 third-day pick

Interesting.

Bears are drafting a QB.

Comment

• Ingtar33
      Dances With Buffaloes
      • Sep 2002

wilson won't have competition. he has a 1 year contract. he knows he's a rental in pitt. this is about the QB after wilson.

and the fact it took the bears this long to move off field tells me they've been asking way too much for him, and only when they got down to a reasonable ask people started sniffing.
      My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Woodman
        Legendary Zoner
        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post
        wilson won't have competition. he has a 1 year contract. he knows he's a rental in pitt. this is about the QB after wilson.

and the fact it took the bears this long to move off field tells me they've been asking way too much for him, and only when they got down to a reasonable ask people started sniffing.
        A third day pick in 2025 .... oh how the mighty have fallen.

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Novacane
          • Jul 2002

A first rnd QB is such a risk. If you miss you wasted 3 years, often multiple picks, and you still suck.

Comment

• jamze132
            • Jun 2003

I’d rather have Fields as a backup.

Comment

• Kenny
              • Aug 2004

Pitts didnt spend much on Wilson, I think the league minimum for a vet? Might be an open competition after all.

Comment

• Woodman
                Legendary Zoner
                • Apr 2014

The Bears will have two extremely comfortable QB contracts.

They need a WR they need Diggs ..... I'd take their 2nd or 3rd this year and 4th or 5th neext year.

They pick up his (Diggs) huge contract.

We draft his replacement hopefully.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                  Dances With Buffaloes
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Woodman View Post

They need a WR they need Diggs ..... I'd take their 2nd or 3rd this year and 4th or 5th neext year.

I don't think we save a dollar of cap money moving off diggs. In fact i think it costs us like 14mil in cap space if we move diggs. i might be wrong about that, seem to remember reading that last year. I think we can move off him in 2025 though...
                  My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                    • Mar 2004

If you could get a 3rd and 5th for Diggs on the wrong side of 30 and on a huge contract, I’d be amazed.

But, as was mentioned, we take the same massive cap hit as cutting him if we trade him.

Comment

• Woodman
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post
                      I don't think we save a dollar of cap money moving off diggs. In fact i think it costs us like 14mil in cap space if we move diggs. i might be wrong about that, seem to remember reading that last year. I think we can move off him in 2025 though...
                      well that's no good.

Comment

• Woodman
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Canadian'eh! View Post
                        If you could get a 3rd and 5th for Diggs on the wrong side of 30 and on a huge contract, I’d be amazed.

But, as was mentioned, we take the same massive cap hit as cutting him if we trade him.
                        yeah that would kill it for me ......... we wrote a **** contract ......... unless someone else would east the entire burden.

Comment

• Woodman
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                          A first rnd QB is such a risk. If you miss you wasted 3 years, often multiple picks, and you still suck.
                          we know that's true we we're experts at it.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

yeah that would kill it for me ......... we wrote a **** contract ......... unless someone else would east the entire burden.
                            They can't. The prorated bonus money is our cap responsibility and there is no way to avoid it.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Woodman
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                              They can't. The prorated bonus money is our cap responsibility and there is no way to avoid it.
                              We are officially stuck .... just hope he has his greatest season x2.

Comment

Working...
                              X