PDA

View Full Version : Titans’ trade for L’Jarius Sneed stymied by contract talks

Woodman
03-22-2024, 03:51 PM
Report- Titans' trade for L'Jarius Sneed stymied by contract talks - NBC Sports (https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-titans-trade-for-ljarius-sneed-stymied-by-contract-talks)

hahahahahaha you gave it all to Jones :lol:

Woodman
03-22-2024, 03:53 PM
He doesn't want to play for the Chiefs and that will hurt that defense immensely.

Woodman
03-22-2024, 10:32 PM
Report- Chiefs finalizing deal to trade L'Jarius Sneed to Titans - NBC Sports (https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-chiefs-finalizing-deal-to-trade-ljarius-sneed-to-titans)

Sneed, 27, was a fourth-round pick in 2020. He appeared in 57 games with 54 starts over the last four seasons. He recorded 40 passes defensed, with 10 interceptions, four forced fumbles, three fumble recoveries, and 6.5 sacks in his four seasons. He also registered seven passes defensed, an interception, 2.0 sacks, and a critical forced fumble in 13 postseason games with Kansas City.
The Chiefs franchise tagged Sneed, but also granted him permission to seek a trade. The fact that Kansas City signaled that Sneed was available made it seem more likely that the cornerback would be traded this offseason.

jamze132
03-22-2024, 10:44 PM
He’s going to be expensive.

Woodman
03-22-2024, 11:13 PM
In exchange for Sneed, Kansas City is expected to receive a 2025 third-round pick from Tennessee. The Chiefs and Titans will also swap picks in the seventh round.
Additionally, Sneed will sign a new contract with Tennessee that is expected to make him one of the highest-paid corners in league history.

Goobylal
03-23-2024, 07:58 AM
A 3rd for him sounds about right, with those contract demands. I remember when people were saying the Bills should have franchised Gilmore and traded him for a 1st rounder and I said no one's doing that.

Woodman
03-23-2024, 10:30 AM
A 3rd for him sounds about right, with those contract demands. I remember when people were saying the Bills should have franchised Gilmore and traded him for a 1st rounder and I said no one's doing that.

I'm just glad he's no longer a Chief .... more power to him.

ghz in pittsburgh
03-23-2024, 11:09 AM
Unfortunately I see the Chiefs doing the right thing. You pay those elite difference makers - Mahomes, Kelce, Jones (I know some here don't think Jones is that elite but the Chiefs beg different, even though Jones is going to be 30 when he starts the new season. To me on offense it is QB. On defense it is DE. In recent years some DT can function like an un-stoppable force of DE, let alone Jones CAN play DE just as effective). Sneed is a difference maker, but probably is in Tre White category, great but HoF level.

The Bills are missing that guy on D-line. They thought they did when they signed Miller, but he's nowhere near that level now. You don't get those guys in FA or trade marcket. I see Beane keeps swinging in that direction.

Woodman
03-23-2024, 11:15 AM
Jones is absolutely a difference maker when he's on the field.

Sneed is always on the field and the same applies (difference maker).

Huge huge loss as Jones would be as well ..... difference as I point out is snaps.

Very pleased they didn't find a way to retain both.

notacon
03-23-2024, 01:51 PM
OH NOES!!!!! THE CHIEFS ARE DONE FOR!!!!!

:rofl: IF the same logic is applied of one particular "fan" (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/265287-So-where-do-we-stand-after-today-s-bloodletting) who is saying that about the Bills moving on from a few high priced aging vets and a a under-performing WR.

ghz in pittsburgh
03-23-2024, 02:00 PM
I shall correct that I think Sneed is a notch below. Great but not HoF level. That's why I compare him to White.