PDA

View Full Version : 2024 Bills 'general' prediction

YardRat
03-24-2024, 06:44 AM
So how do you think the team will do next season after this first couple of waves of free agency?

Historian
03-24-2024, 08:08 AM
About the same.

Maybe somebody gets past KC, but it probably won't be us.

TheConsigliere
03-24-2024, 09:18 AM
Same

TacklingDummy
03-24-2024, 09:31 AM
Super Bowl

Canadian'eh!
03-24-2024, 11:12 AM
I think it’s finally the year we lose the East. Jets of Rodgers is healthy, Dolphins if not.

Josh is too good to miss the playoffs but it’s wildcard or divisional round loss.

Everyone seems to be convincing themselves that these guys we signed were great additions. Almost all of them are journeymen and cast offs. We have a net loss.

Novacane
03-24-2024, 12:00 PM
They're still the best team in the division. Jets and Rodgers? :lol:

TacklingDummy
03-24-2024, 12:34 PM
Everyone seems to be convincing themselves that these guys we signed were great additions. Almost all of them are journeymen and cast offs. We have a net loss. You mean like most free agents?

The only player so far I would have like to kept was Morse. But even that is just a center. He will be replaced.

I would't call getting rid of aging, injury prone, and disappearing in 2nd half of season players as a net loss. Didn't advance to Super Bowl with them, time to try some new blood.

notacon
03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
I voted better.

With one of the best teams in the NFL (which Buffalo is) with one of the best QB's in the NFL (which Josh Allen is) it's all about performing in the playoffs (which the Bills WILL get into)

Josh will (eventually...I think it's well past time) learn how to win playoff games like Mahomes does.

Forward_Lateral
03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Hard to say.

Ask me after the draft

OpIv37
03-26-2024, 09:57 AM
You mean like most free agents?

The only player so far I would have like to kept was Morse. But even that is just a center. He will be replaced.

I would't call getting rid of aging, injury prone, and disappearing in 2nd half of season players as a net loss. Didn't advance to Super Bowl with them, time to try some new blood.

The problem remains that we don’t have anyone equal or better to the guys we lost. It’s a net talent loss.

OpIv37
03-26-2024, 09:58 AM
Hard to say.

Ask me after the draft
Problem is that the teams already better than us get to draft too….

ParanoidAndroid
03-26-2024, 11:27 AM
Loss of Floyd hurts our pass rush.

Interior D-line depth is weaker and Jones isn't getting any younger.
The middle of our O-line is probably weaker and definitely untested.

Short yardage running game needs addressing.

Safety quality is down, even though the decline of Hyde and Poyer was evident. Those two at 80% are probably better than the penciled in starters we have now.

CB depth is gone.

#2 WR is a ?

Diggs is past his prime.

The only upgrade is Samuel over Harty as a dynamic moveable piece in the offense. That's a big improvement but he shouldn't be considered a #2.

I think all that translates to a decline this season and a fight to get into the playoffs much like last season.

If we don't absolutely kill this draft, it's going to be a couple years before we even begin to threaten to win it all.

notacon
03-26-2024, 01:50 PM
The problem remains that we don’t have anyone equal or better to the guys we lost. It’s a net talent loss.

That is mostly an exaggeration at best, false at worst.

Woodman
03-26-2024, 01:57 PM
20-0

jamze132
03-27-2024, 12:27 PM
I do think our defense will take a step back but I think our offense takes a step forward. If Bass can have a great season, I see things working out. And once we get thru 24, the cap situation improves.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
03-27-2024, 01:24 PM
I prefer to think that the element of randomness can contribute to any of the listed outcomes. This is why we watch.