PDA

View Full Version : Care to take a trip down NFL Draft memory lane? Be warned it might induce convulsions

Mad Max
03-29-2024, 11:03 AM
Look over this list of mediocrity whenever you need to remind yourself of why we sucked so bad for so long.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/draft.htm

Years 14/15/16 were near total busts. It’s almost beyond reason as to that happening…yet it did.

That’s how bad the clown show was that used to run the organization.

As bad as we whinge about stuff regarding todays team, today after reviewing that list I for one am feeling blessed as a fan of the team with its current regime.

OpIv37
03-29-2024, 11:12 AM
I stand by my statement that comparing this team to the drought era teams s setting the bar way too low.

Mad Max
03-29-2024, 11:24 AM
I stand by my statement that comparing this team to the drought era teams s setting the bar way too low.
Ya we know buddy. It’s gonna be alright. You’re gonna be alright.

OpIv37
03-29-2024, 11:34 AM
It’s not about me. It’s about having a higher standard than just completely sucking.

GreedoII
03-29-2024, 11:36 AM
It’s not about me. It’s about having a higher standard than just completely sucking.
boo hoo

notacon
03-29-2024, 12:57 PM

Is that why you are a Sabres fan?!?!? :rofl:

Mad Max
03-29-2024, 02:27 PM

How in your mind do you equate being a legitimate Super Bowl Contender for 3 years in a row to being near “completely sucking”?

Rhetorical question actually as you couldn’t possibly have a reason but I’m sure you’ll flail about trying to come up with something.

Forward_Lateral
03-29-2024, 02:30 PM

Worst Bills draft ever?

Mad Max
03-29-2024, 02:37 PM

Worst Bills draft ever?

There are so many hard to pick just one. 16 is a contender for sure but then there’s 2014 vying for top honors.

kscdogbillsfan1221
03-29-2024, 03:18 PM
Kind of off subject but I have a feeling Kair is gonna show us why he was a first round pick this year. Nothing but a gut feeling. No inside information or anything like that.

Mad Max
03-29-2024, 03:22 PM
Kind of off subject but I have a feeling Kair is gonna show us why he was a first round pick this year. Nothing but a gut feeling. No inside information or anything like that.

I hope you’re gut isn’t just gas.

Forward_Lateral
03-29-2024, 03:30 PM
There are so many hard to pick just one. 16 is a contender for sure but then there’s 2014 vying for top honors.

Sammy was good he just was hurt all the time. Brown started for 4 years.

2016 had Lawson, who while a decent NFL player, should not have been a 1st. The rest of that draft was absolute crap.

2014 was pretty bad too.

Jeez I just looked at 2008.

It might get my vote now

kscdogbillsfan1221
03-29-2024, 03:38 PM
I hope you’re gut isn’t just gas.
I hope so too

I’m pounding some sushi as we speak

Mad Max
03-29-2024, 03:41 PM

2016 had Lawson, who while a decent NFL player, should not have been a 1st. The rest of that draft was absolute crap.

2014 was pretty bad too.

It might get my vote now

I see your 2008 and raise you a 2005.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope so too

I’m pounding some sushi as we speak
Take it easy on the wasabi bro!

kscdogbillsfan1221
03-29-2024, 03:42 PM

2014 was pretty bad too.

It might get my vote now
‘05 may get mine

at least you got Stevie Johnson in ‘08

Forward_Lateral
03-29-2024, 05:38 PM

No first. Roscoe in the 2nd.

Wow

sukie
03-29-2024, 06:17 PM
2010. Bad.

cookie G
03-29-2024, 06:54 PM

Worst Bills draft ever?

2016 was my favorite mock draft of all time. I called it the John Butler Memorial draft, where I only took players from small schools.

I took Javon Hargrave in the 2nd round and Matt Judon in the 3rd, and Tyler Higbee in the 4th. I took Nick Vigil too, who I think had a longer career than Reggie Raglund.

It makes up for me taking Paxton Lynch in the 1st.

Both Hargrave and Judon would have been there where I took them.

Instead we got Shaq Lawson and Adolphous Washington.

No doubt in my mind that 2016 was a Rex Ryan draft. Another reason we shouldn't have hired him...He was a team killer and a GM killer.

Mad Max
03-29-2024, 08:21 PM
2016 was my favorite mock draft of all time. I called it the John Butler Memorial draft, where I only took players from small schools.

I took Javon Hargrave in the 2nd round and Matt Judon in the 3rd, and Tyler Higbee in the 4th. I took Nick Vigil too, who I think had a longer career than Reggie Raglund.

No doubt in my mind that 2016 was a Rex Ryan draft. Another reason we shouldn't have hired him...He was a team killer and a GM killer.

A lot of us could have done better than those maroons in those dark times. Your picks of Hargrove and Judon would have obviously been huge scores and obliterated our actual draft. I got many examples of my own drafts…

McKinnie over Mike Williams.
Orakpo over Maybin.
Ngata over Whitner.
and Mahomie over trading the pick.

What could have been.

Ginger Vitis
03-29-2024, 09:27 PM

You picked some good players but when you miss on a QB... I guess you would have tried again in 2018 to get a QB...

Historian
03-30-2024, 07:01 AM
Lots of big time busts there, like Manuel and Watkins.

There were a few decent mid-level players taken during those years, like Kiko, Badham, Wood, Moats, and some that had success elsewhere, like Goodwin, and Gilmore, unfortunately, they were coached by idiots like Ryan, Gailey, and Jauron.

At least Beane and McDermott seem to have a plan, even if half that plan is bringing in guys from Carolina.

When I think of the money I blew on those teams I kinda want to be sick.

:puke:

Goobylal
03-30-2024, 07:40 AM
It was 17 years of bad front offices and coaches.

sukie
03-30-2024, 07:41 AM
Still hated 2010. After Spiller it was down hill

Ed Wang?

sad note Kyle Calloway selected 7th round never played an NFL game. Bills cut him , waived by Ravens then signed with UFL team in 2011.

at age 29. Jogging next to railroad tracks. Hit by train from behind. My lord.

cookie G
03-30-2024, 11:21 AM
You picked some good players but when you miss on a QB... I guess you would have tried again in 2018 to get a QB...

Actually, the next year I took Mahomes. Sorry, the database crash destroyed the thread, but I did. I still remember that night and my oldest son calling me and starting the conversation with "so how PO'd are you right now?" lol.

It wasn't until the next day, listening to Andy Reid's PC and him talking about WHY they wanted Mahomes that I got PO'd.

But then we got Josh the next year.

Oaf
03-31-2024, 12:07 AM
Trading up for Watkins for two 1sts vs getting Mike Evans, OBJ, Aaron Donald, Khalil Mack, Zach Martin… Hell Devante Adams went #53. Lordy RB and DW smoked a big bowl the night prior.

Goobylal
03-31-2024, 10:44 AM
Trading up for Watkins for two 1sts vs getting Mike Evans, OBJ, Aaron Donald, Khalil Mack, Zach Martin… Hell Devante Adams went #53. Lordy RB and DW smoked a big bowl the night prior.

Yeah, that was a really dumb move. I wanted Donald.