09-07-2003, 03:33 PM
the guy was an animal out there. He looked like Sapp with an extra 100 pounds

Mad Bomber
09-07-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
Sam Adams SUCKS! :D :rofl:

Shiny Chicken
09-07-2003, 03:39 PM
I think Wys will be happy to be wrong :)

SABURZFAN
09-07-2003, 03:39 PM
i couldn't get over the blazing speed he had going to the end zone.:D

BigMike68
09-07-2003, 03:44 PM
I couldnt belive he didnt pass out getting in the endzone.

Ð
09-07-2003, 03:50 PM
He actually did well to stay in bounds...

For a big guy, that was pretty athletic of him to dance on the line like that.

JefftheBillsfan
09-07-2003, 03:53 PM
I was more amazed at his burst on the sack personally. man.

TypicalBill
09-07-2003, 03:54 PM
yup, he provided a push up the middle!

casdhf
09-07-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by JefftheBillsfan

he was laying on the ground and brady fell on him. That takes real skills.

cordog
09-07-2003, 03:59 PM
Its just like Wys thinking Henry sucked last year, I tell you what, Wys has an eye for talent LOL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

Ð
09-07-2003, 04:00 PM
I haven't seen penetration like that since John Holmes was still making films :D

JefftheBillsfan
09-07-2003, 04:02 PM
are you kidding me casdhf? he made a hellova play

lordofgun
09-07-2003, 04:10 PM
are you kidding me casdhf? he made a hellova play

I agree.

The Spaz
09-07-2003, 04:11 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/assets/gallery_image/milloy2pats907_gallery.jpg

imbondz
09-07-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Ð
He actually did well to stay in bounds...

For a big guy, that was pretty athletic of him to dance on the line like that.

I was surprised he stayed in bounds too. Thought for sure he would be pushed out

robeezy
09-07-2003, 04:17 PM
Has anyone heard from wys today?

bernielivsey_1
09-07-2003, 04:28 PM
He's scared.

Ð
09-07-2003, 04:43 PM
Nah, he's probably still stuck in traffic

Billz_fan
09-07-2003, 04:46 PM
SAM was an animal :D I think a fire was lit under him this week. He played like a man possessed. He came out of the game with a sack, interception and a touchdown.

Who woulda thunk it last week ?

Answer- NO ONE !!

Captain gameboy
09-07-2003, 05:32 PM
It wasn't just Sam that argued against the Wys' theories.

How about Gilbride and Drew, the other two off-season whipping boys?
Forget anything that happened after the middle of the third. How about constantly getting our third receiver on their nickel back for the first down-more than once in the first half, and usually in a bad situation following a penalty?
How about using Travis as a receiver and getting him against a linebacker? These are schematic things that are the result of game planning.
This was not a weak defense we beat. The Pats are very good. Let's give credit where credit is due. Great plan, great check offs, great execution.
As an addendum, can I be the first to puke if someone offers up that Bledsoe pick at the end of the first half as proof of anything?

Judging NFL results by looking at stats is like looking at the world through a straw.

Philagape
09-07-2003, 05:44 PM
I hope this finally pounds in the lesson after all these years that PRESEASON MEANS NOTHING

cordog
09-07-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Philagape
I hope this finally pounds in the lesson after all these years that PRESEASON MEANS NOTHING

EXACTLY
Im too lazy to find the post, but Wys said something like "The bills will overcome Drew's mistakes to win this game" so im sure he'll get on here and say he was right cuz drew threw the "big" interception today

Tatonka
09-07-2003, 08:00 PM

and that sack came AFTER he took one to the house..

ublinkwescore
09-07-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by cordog

EXACTLY
Im too lazy to find the post, but Wys said something like "The bills will overcome Drew's mistakes to win this game" so im sure he'll get on here and say he was right cuz drew threw the "big" interception today

Note to Wys: If you bring up that INT, you're going to further hurt your credibility because it was TOTALLY harmless there were only a few seconds remaining in the first half. So, bring it up I dare ya.

The Natrix
09-07-2003, 08:24 PM
INT was harmless but I still think they should have given Lindell a shot at the 54 yarder.

Tatonka
09-07-2003, 08:25 PM
they couldnt.. because they called 2 timeouts back to back.. or somthing to that effect.. the announcers were saying something about that..

ublinkwescore
09-07-2003, 09:20 PM
They still could have. They said that the Pats couldn't call 3 time outs in a row - which is a dumb rule.

The Natrix
09-07-2003, 09:28 PM
T, I'm pretty sure they could have kicked it if they wanted

I don't think you can even call two timeouts in a row. Your right though, stupid rule. Nevertheless, it speaks volumes about this defense when the opposing team has to call back to back timeouts

Michael82
09-07-2003, 10:31 PM
Hey Wys...I hope you got your wing sauce ready. :snicker:

http://www.doh.state.fl.us/disease_ctrl/epi/htopics/arbo/crow.jpg

mikemac2001
09-07-2003, 10:37 PM
told u he didnt give a **** in preseason And bledsoe sucks to

The_Philster
09-08-2003, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by robeezy

He probably had to stop at the hospital because of stomach cramps...that he got from laughing so hard about seeing that. :lol:

justasportsfan
09-08-2003, 08:23 AM
"I thought Sam Adams was going to be flagged for 'Delay of game' while running that INT for a TD"

--- Marv Levy-----

:laughter:

SamAdamsFan
09-08-2003, 08:30 AM
I told you

Billsbabee
09-08-2003, 09:01 AM
Wys wanted Sam's actions to speak louder than his words and they did. I'm sure Wys is as happy as us.

I love the quote from Sam about that TD run - "I didn't take any oxygen, either," Adams said.

I wonder if Wys need oxygen after that play though? :snicker:

The_Philster
09-08-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Billsbabee
I wonder if Wys need oxygen after that play though? :snicker:

:lol: He was still laughing about it after the game was over.

Gunzlingr
09-08-2003, 09:54 AM
Wys is a big enough man to admit when he is wrong. Just remember this is one game in a long season. I hope all of our guys can perform at this level for the whole season.

Kelly The Dog
09-08-2003, 09:59 AM
Hopefully, wys will start ragging on Josh Reed about how much he sucks and will never do anything and throw out a bunch of inapproriate stats. That way, like Henry, and Bledsoe and Adams et al, Reed will be great.

yle
09-08-2003, 10:05 AM
To Wys' defense, on Saturday he had a feeling this game would be a blowout.

timfromjersey
09-08-2003, 10:15 AM
wys - the stat man, extrapolated that Adam's abilities were on the decline and that he can't even handle a one-on-one block, based on what, one or two reg. season games he happened to watch Adams in last year?

How do extrapolate this performance for Adams, wys? Pro-Bowl season?

Judge
09-08-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by casdhf

he was laying on the ground and brady fell on him. That takes real skills.

BS. That isn't what happened at all.

Patrick76777
09-08-2003, 10:58 AM
Bad post Cas!

MDFINFAN
09-08-2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun
Sam Adams SUCKS! :D

You're right, he does, he'll have a good day every once and a while, but by season end, you will be changing your tune..

Patrick76777
09-08-2003, 11:08 AM
MD really hate Sam!

What's up with that?

he had a GREAT game, not good. But Great!

TypicalBill
09-08-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
MD really hate Sam!

What's up with that?

he had a GREAT game, not good. But Great!

Yep, i think his team has WAY more problems that need to be discussed instead of critisizing our players :D

Patrick76777
09-08-2003, 11:15 AM
I said it all along. The Fins will suck this year.

I gave them 7 or 8 wins with Houston as a gimmie. Now I'm thinking 6 or 7.

TypicalBill
09-08-2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
I said it all along. The Fins will suck this year.

I gave them 7 or 8 wins with Houston as a gimmie. Now I'm thinking 6 or 7.

before that game, i predicted they'd go 10-6 ... but i was way off! .. im with ya Pat

HAMMER
09-08-2003, 12:44 PM
That burst he showed in sacking Brady should silence any critics immediately. It was flat out impressive. He shot through like he came out of a very large cannon. Welcome to Buffalo Big Sam! I am giddy (really gay word, I know) today, can't believe what I saw yesterday. Everything was stellar except special teams and penalties. Hopefully Williams will find a way to work those out. We have returned to the glory years of the Bills, I look for nothing less than a return to the Super Bowl this year, why expect anything less?

Tatonka
09-08-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN
You're right, he does, he'll have a good day every once and a while, but by season end, you will be changing your tune..

how did your defensive line look yesterday.. not in the middle of the season.. but to start the season.. against one of the worst O lines in all of football.. oh yeah.. they didnt register a single sack.. not one sack against a guy that was sacked an nfl high 70+ times last season.. rofl..

get off sam adams jock.. especially when your boys played like back ups on a highschool jr. varsity team.

TypicalBill
09-08-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by HAMMER
Everything was stellar except special teams

i think you meant return game ... cuz Moorman had punts of 80 and 70 yards.... Lindell didn't miss anything.. and Coy was all over the place.

Our return game wasn't good.. hopefully thats because it's Brown's first game... but he has the speed, so it'll come with time.

HAMMER
09-08-2003, 01:52 PM
Yes I was mostly referring to the return game but coverage was not great, not bad but not great. Kicking game was unreal, Moorman earned every penny of his new deal and Lindell cashed in his opportunity. Life is good!

Novacane
09-08-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN

I'll say one thing..................you have big ones to be comming here talking smack after yesterdays results

Tatonka
09-08-2003, 07:30 PM
yeah.. he wont respond... cuz he aint got ***** to say.

Philagape
09-08-2003, 07:53 PM
I think it takes big ones for anyone to talk like they're an NFL analyst, like they talk to the players, coaches, GMs, like they go to practices, like they review game films from several different angles, like they have a network of correspondents and scouts from around the league. They have NONE of all that yet they tell us all what's going to happen this season, why so-and-so sucks as a player, coach, GM, etc., as if THEY had spent their whole careers in the sport instead of the players and coaches they're slamming. Obviously anyone who put down Sam Adams for his do-nothing preseason doesn't know the man at all. It's easy to sit on our seat cushions and think we know everything, but more often than not the loudmouths are shown to be the ignorant fools they are. The point? Leave the football to the pros and just humbly enjoy the games. Criticize at your own risk. Sure, I have opinions, but I always qualify them knowing that I'm just a spectator. I don't present myself as the purveyor of truth like other beerbellies do. The more you think you know, chances are the less you really do know.

helmetguy
09-08-2003, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by robeezy

He heard a chorus of crap "with full orchestration and four part haomony) when he got back to the tailgate party!

WG
09-08-2003, 11:48 PM
Geez!

You guys are harsh! Give a man time to drive home. I was flat out exhausted after the drive to Rochester after the game. I fell asleep trying to watch SC.

I got up today, unloaded the truck from the night prior, repacked it, then drove 7 hours to D.C., unpacked it, reloaded all the sauce inside the cab! Dang, you guys think I transport myself home instantly!!!

I then wrote my article, just finished w/ all the editing/formatting.

Dang!

Originally posted by BigMike68
I couldnt belive he didnt pass out getting in the endzone.

Indeed! I was laughing my brains out long before he even got to the EZ!

Originally posted by gameboy
It wasn't just Sam that argued against the Wys' theories.

How about Gilbride and Drew, the other two off-season whipping boys?
Forget anything that happened after the middle of the third. How about constantly getting our third receiver on their nickel back for the first down-more than once in the first half, and usually in a bad situation following a penalty?
How about using Travis as a receiver and getting him against a linebacker? These are schematic things that are the result of game planning.
This was not a weak defense we beat. The Pats are very good. Let's give credit where credit is due. Great plan, great check offs, great execution.
As an addendum, can I be the first to puke if someone offers up that Bledsoe pick at the end of the first half as proof of anything?

Judging NFL results by looking at stats is like looking at the world through a straw.
I've been tellin' ya up 'til now that the Pats are a .500 team. Yesterday's game should show that. Their secondary isn't anywhere close to what it was two seasons ago. Their LBs are strong, their DL played OK, but not great. Our OL dominated them on pass plays, Drew had plenty of time.

Pats will be 3-6 or 4-5 at their bye-week! They're not great by any stretch.

Originally posted by timfromjersey
How do extrapolate this performance for Adams, wys? Pro-Bowl season?

I extrapolate it as we'll be lucky if Adams has more than another sack or two all season long! GREAT game for him, but let's get real, that INT he didn't even have to move for. It could have been a lateral right at him. GREAT grab, but not an athletic move by any stretch. So let's keep it in perspective.

As well, the 12th man showed up as I've never seen before and that includes all the playoff games. The only game that I can say may have been equal was that K.C. game w/ DeBerg what, 10 seasons ago?

Our run blocking was not great at all, barely adequate. Henry had few holes but made the most of what he got. We had WAY too many penalties for a home game. Neither our punts or punt coverage teams were anything better than fair.

We won't be playing in an atmosphere like that each week, and make no mistake, the 12th man was HUGE on Sunday!

We cannot afford a lapse v. Jax on Sunday! My biggest fear right now. They're underrated and better than the Pats, and will be playing at home after a road last minute loss.

If Brady hadn't been so off, the Pats rushing game may have been better. It was working OK even prior to when we played back. The Pats have no RB, the Jags have Taylor. The Pats averaged almost 6 YPC in the first half. Where was Adams then. He did burst on that sack, but he also didn't command double teams all game long either. The real force of our pass rush is what rattled Brady, and Schobel was an unsung hero! He played like an animal and also made the block on Brady to spring Adams. I'm not sure Brady would have tackled big Sam, LOL, but it was Schobel who took him out of the way from the back side. He also was responsible for a LOT of the pressure on Brady in spite of not having a sack himself. He's better than Hanson ever was.

I know it's easy to look at a rare sack, an INT w/ a return and say that guy had a great game. On paper he did. But if you watched it closely, his run D wasn't all that marvy!

Again, the reason we did so well was b/c we completely shut Brady and the passing game down. Much like they did to us last year. Don't forget however, that Henry was running OK, albeit not as well as the Pats RBs were, yet they simply couldn't use them due to the deficit.

We'll see how Adams continues on. But other than a couple of big plays, I don't think he was all that great. I know you'll jump on this, but I'm tellin' ya, watch the tape.

Sure, he deserves all the accolades he's getting for this game. But it's steady, consistent performance that we need. Not two big plays to start off the year and then nothing. We'll see. But the D overall looks tight. OUTSTANDING LBs and secondary. DL is marginally improved I'll still say.

Our run blocking is suspect however, as are the penalties!

WG
09-08-2003, 11:55 PM
Let's see what we do v. Tennessee, Philly, Miami in Miami, etc.

The Pats are a team w/ no running game, a sketchy secondary, and a DL that is only good v. the pass. They're not good. They're very average.

As well, I mentioned prior to this game, that if we didn't have any errors, we would win, and win we did w/ only one real TO. Drew's INT didn't really count although it wasn't a good pass. But it didn't hurt us. 4th and 14, what else are we gonna do w/ only seconds left! Of course we're gonna take a chance on a deep throw.

mikemac2001
09-09-2003, 12:07 AM
wys is always right guys. just listen he is the god of knowledge

Ð
09-09-2003, 12:10 AM
:D

WG
09-09-2003, 12:13 AM
Sorry I don't see it as all roses en route to 16-0 mac!

I enjoyed the victory and game immensely however and since you weren't w/ us, how 'bout cuttin' me some slack, eh!

Again, everyone seems to believe the media that the Pats are good. They're OK, a .500 team, just like they were last year. Their rushing game has gotten a year older w/o upgrade and it wasn't good last year. Yet, they were still affective on Sunday for the most part. They're only gonna do so much w/ no passing game. They're not Ricky Williams who had over 400 yards v. us in two games last season. Their WRs are one-dimensional which we handled very, very well.

I'm sorry you seem to think that the Pats are a SB team. But Too many holes as we found out.

mikemac2001
09-09-2003, 12:35 AM
pats suck i think dolphins suck too. jets also suck. but i think its gonna be bills then pats then phins then jets....I think pats D will win them games and phins will struggle late like they always do. but i didnt say we were going 16-0 but i feel we will go 19-0 wys dont you think so. I didnt see one mistake we made. the holding calls arnt good the run blocking wasnt good but hey i dont feel pats D is that bad so if bills have a little trouble alright. but damn Wys U cant ever Say anything good. its always negative thats what pisses me off you always want a controversy your out for attention. Your a fan and you see something bad But We won 31-0 man I do agree we cant slip this week. that would be horriable. but did u see how much fun the players were having. It was like they were goofing around thats great that builds team unity thats the stuff i loved the most. Spikes Punching Air, Adams High stepping....Clements spinning the ball. This is a good team A real good team. I havent seen that many big hits from the bills in awhile. i didnt get to watch as much as i wanted but i saw first half .....Was in the madden challange came up 4th in cleveland SO PISSED .......but i cant CLearly State my points as much as you can but Why do you always find a way to piss Everyone off

bernielivsey_1
09-09-2003, 01:38 AM
This can be a special team. Out D can carry us in some bad O games if we have some. I like what the guys said after this game and if they practice what they preach (one game at a time) we can go a long way.

Kelly The Dog
09-09-2003, 06:59 AM
If you watched the game you would see that the vast majority of yardage running was when Edwards was in the game and not Adams. Adams was in the backfield and pushing guys back or plugging up the middle the entire game when he was in. Their running totals of 105 or so yards were very misleading, too. A bunch of 6 yard runs by Centers on draws that meant zero and threatened nothing. A couple of short bursts by Faulk for 8-10 when it was 14-0 and 21-0 and we were prepared for the pass. Faulk ran hard but the running game never threatened us. Throw the stats out where they belong.

Kelly The Dog
09-09-2003, 07:18 AM
Furthermore, on three drives the Pats ran 3 times for 8 yards, punted twice and suffered the Adams INT/TD before it was 21-0. Then they started running semi-successfully when the Bills were paying the pass the rest of the game.

timfromjersey
09-09-2003, 07:47 AM
And to further back up what Kelly the Dog posted, Yesterday Greg Williams was interviewed on WFAN New York, and he said "Sam Adams was a factor against the run and a factor against the pass." He also said that right from the beginning of the second half, they were in a prevent look defensively for most of the half.

Any ground yardage in the second half was against soft underneath defense.

WG
09-09-2003, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by mikemac2001
pats suck i think dolphins suck too. jets also suck. but i think its gonna be bills then pats then phins then jets....I think pats D will win them games and phins will struggle late like they always do. but i didnt say we were going 16-0 but i feel we will go 19-0 wys dont you think so. I didnt see one mistake we made. the holding calls arnt good the run blocking wasnt good but hey i dont feel pats D is that bad so if bills have a little trouble alright. but damn Wys U cant ever Say anything good. its always negative thats what pisses me off you always want a controversy your out for attention. Your a fan and you see something bad But We won 31-0 man I do agree we cant slip this week. that would be horriable. but did u see how much fun the players were having. It was like they were goofing around thats great that builds team unity thats the stuff i loved the most. Spikes Punching Air, Adams High stepping....Clements spinning the ball. This is a good team A real good team. I havent seen that many big hits from the bills in awhile. i didnt get to watch as much as i wanted but i saw first half .....Was in the madden challange came up 4th in cleveland SO PISSED .......but i cant CLearly State my points as much as you can but Why do you always find a way to piss Everyone off

You're blind mac! I've said plenty good.

If you think we played flawlessly however, then you didn't see the game. I'd give us an 8 1/2 out of 10. BUT, the 12th man was huge, bigger than I've ever seen. The energy was enormous, and you simply don't bring that much energy to the table week-in and week-out for nineteen weeks. As well, if you think we're gonna play error-free football all season, then you must be new to the game. Our rushing blocking wasn't very good. It was OK at best. Henry had few decent holes to run thru. Pass blocking was excellent.

We'll make errors. We just hope they against teams like Cincy when we're up by 20, not v. the Eagles when the game's close.

mikemac2001
09-09-2003, 08:09 AM
again I NEVER SAID THEY played perfect i saw the penalties. Stupid Holds That we shouldnt have. But im saying its still week 1 and we kicked the opp ass. i never said flawless and if i did it was sarcasim. I saw alot of mistakes the bills made but if u think they can play perfect then keep dreamin. they played a solid game and ill take the penalties if they play solid all around.

WG
09-09-2003, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by bernielivsey_1
This can be a special team. Out D can carry us in some bad O games if we have some. I like what the guys said after this game and if they practice what they preach (one game at a time) we can go a long way.
Indeed! That's what balance is all about. If your passing game is off for a quarter or half, your rushing game picks it up. If your O stumbles then the D makes up for it. We have all the elements now. Hopefully the coaching will respond all season long.

It's a long year, and teams will be watching tapes of us. GW and KG's work is far from over. They'll have to be at the top of their game too. That's probably what worries me the most, is KG.

Originally posted by Kelly The Dog
If you watched the game you would see that the vast majority of yardage running was when Edwards was in the game and not Adams. Adams was in the backfield and pushing guys back or plugging up the middle the entire game when he was in. Their running totals of 105 or so yards were very misleading, too. A bunch of 6 yard runs by Centers on draws that meant zero and threatened nothing. A couple of short bursts by Faulk for 8-10 when it was 14-0 and 21-0 and we were prepared for the pass. Faulk ran hard but the running game never threatened us. Throw the stats out where they belong.

We'll see, b/c Taylor is not Faulk or Smith. I hope you're right! But in the first half, Adams was in a lot and the Pats averaged nearly 6 YPC. We'll see. I simply think we're overstating how good the Pats are. Defensively they need time to gel w/ all the new faces and w/ the sudden departure of a major-league S in Milloy just prior to the game. Plus, their schedule is horrendous until their bye week. Their O is one-dimensional. We did a GREAT job at defending them since what we struggled against thru the preseason was that short dump pass OTM. But again, how much of a factor was the crowd/noise such that Brady couldn't hear a thing? I think it was the factor frankly that rendered the Pat passing game useless.

I hope we do the same thing to the Jags, but they're much more balanced offensively.

mackey789
09-09-2003, 08:33 AM
Are you blind? We won 31 to freaking nothing and you are talking negative? Get a life and enjoy this, we can't be PERFESCt everygame. No matter what you pick out the negatives. Were you even at the game? Wow.

d1220
09-09-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

The Pats averaged almost 6 YPC in the first half. Where was Adams then.

What orifice did you pull that stat out of. The Patriots managed just 51 yards in the first half and six first downs. From what I've read of your posts, you consider yourself the know all end all of football. Lets do some math here. Supposedly the Pats averaged 6 ypc in the first half.... 51 total yards(according to the game recap on the official Bills site) and six first downs. So if you are correct..which you are not, they would have only rushed 8 times for 6.33 ypc, and not passed at all, but somehow miraculously gained 6 first downs.

BTW, I emailed a copy of the sig picture you have to Gary Larson, hopefully his attorneys will be contacting you very soon. :D j/k

colin
09-09-2003, 11:57 AM
WYS you're a horrible analyst.

NE was 8 runs for 33 yards, and then popped off a 19 run up the middle against a prevent D, so 9 for 52.

A couple of 6 yard bursts and one meaningless junk time run and not a sniff of the end zone indicates jack about a bad run D.

Travis fumbled the ball, and Sam was a freaking monster, and was not in for many of the run plays, including the waste of energy 19 dash that got NE jack.

Every singe point you make is horrible, and in most cases wrong.