PDA

View Full Version : Bills trading Diggs to texans

Pages : [1] 2

justasportsfan
04-03-2024, 10:04 AM
Blockbuster: Bills are finalizing a trade to send four-time Pro-Bowl WR Stefon Diggs to the Houston Texans for draft-pick compensation, sources tell ESPN.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1775537949104394657?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

justasportsfan
04-03-2024, 10:05 AM
Breaking: The Buffalo Bills are trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Houston Texans in exchange for a 2025 second-round pick (via the Vikings).

The Texans also receive a 2025 fifth-round pick and sixth-round pick.

https://twitter.com/DMRussini/status/1775538708353028458?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

kscdogbillsfan1221
04-03-2024, 10:06 AM
stupid.

makes a potential afc rival much better

justasportsfan
04-03-2024, 10:11 AM
Use that 2nd to bring in Justin Jefferson...LOL.

YardRat
04-03-2024, 10:11 AM
Balls.

Plus we got raped on the compensation.

AGAIN.

YardRat
04-03-2024, 10:14 AM
Allen is here for two more years, tops.

Mark my words.

DraftBoy
04-03-2024, 10:15 AM
Diggs and two picks for a 2nd next year? Not an immediate fan of this move, I hope there are some other coordinated moves to come and this was just the first domino.

sukie
04-03-2024, 10:17 AM
Itvis a big salary dump on a player that vanished after week 9

- - - Updated - - -

Diggs wasn’t Diggs last year. Easily frustrated and blanketed

YardRat
04-03-2024, 10:17 AM
TRUST THE PROCESS

Forward_Lateral
04-03-2024, 10:18 AM
Adios

- - - Updated - - -

I'm wondering if this will be earmarked as a post June 1st trade, otherwise it makes no sense to get picks next year instead of this year.

justasportsfan
04-03-2024, 10:19 AM
Balls.

AGAIN.

Maybe thats all we could get for someone who is unhappy and doesnt fit what Brady wants to do here.

YardRat
04-03-2024, 10:19 AM
^That's a good point by Forward.

Forced to give him away to spread out the dead cap hit.

Forward_Lateral
04-03-2024, 10:20 AM
Balls.

AGAIN.
They got a 2nd round pick for a 31 year old WR

What did you expect, a first?

Novacane
04-03-2024, 10:21 AM
Holy ****! I guess there was more to it then we thought there was.

ParanoidAndroid
Beane must have 5 or 6 WRs on his board at 28, but I'm willing to bet that 2025 2nd rounder is as good as gone on draft day this season.

Gonna save a ton of cap space and build toward the future.

Tell me Diggs looked as good last year as he did in 2022.

This is an appropriate move but I do wish it wasn't to a quick rising team like the Texans.

ejsmith
Good. He is a team cancer. Hopefully it also helps our salary cap.

Forward_Lateral
04-03-2024, 10:22 AM
^That's a good point by Forward.

Forced to give him away to spread out the dead cap hit.
Exactly. If it's post June 1st, then it makes much more sense. If it isn't, it's stupid as hell

ParanoidAndroid
04-03-2024, 10:22 AM
Good. He is a team cancer. Hopefully it also helps our salary cap.

It will. Tremendously.

But he's not a cancer.

Forward_Lateral
04-03-2024, 10:24 AM
It will. Tremendously.

But he's not a cancer.
It won't help the cap this year at all. It will make it worse

Mike13
04-03-2024, 10:25 AM
Thank Christ, mother****er had killed more Dolphins than the Norse and Japanese combined, Fortunately for you all it's a deep WR class.

Unfortunately none of those kids are as great as Diggs.

EDS
04-03-2024, 10:25 AM
I get that he is 30, an odd duck and tailed off at the end of last year, but still hard to view this as a move to help in 2024.

Novacane
04-03-2024, 10:28 AM

Mark my words.

Please don't be a drama queen. Diggs relationship with Allen is most likely why this happened.

YardRat
04-03-2024, 10:29 AM
Please don't be a drama queen. Diggs relationship with Allen is most likely why this happened.

Maybe. Can't wait for Diggs to start spilling the beans, should get interesting.

TacklingDummy
04-03-2024, 10:31 AM
His contract extension was worse than signing Miller.

Disappeared every playoff game and even lost the last one.

See ya.

Great move.

Forward_Lateral
04-03-2024, 10:31 AM
Maybe. Can't wait for Diggs to start spilling the beans, should get interesting.
Oh you know he's going to throw everyone under the bus

TacklingDummy
04-03-2024, 10:33 AM
2nd rounder and 2 other picks. What a steal.

Novacane
04-03-2024, 10:33 AM

See ya.

Great move.

There was no good reason to give him that extension other than to keep him from becoming a problem after Hill signed that big contract. Sounds like it didn't work and he became a problem anyway. They were sick of his ****. It's the only way this move makes sense.

kgun12
04-03-2024, 10:35 AM

He can spill all the beans he wants, the Bills win more game with Allen on the roster and no Diggs than they do with Diggs on the roster and no Allen.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
04-03-2024, 10:35 AM
There goes our chance to have a Waffle House in Buffalo

Novacane
04-03-2024, 10:36 AM
Vikings fans are laughing at us right now. It's happened with Diggs twice now. I don't care what leaks out. He's worn out his welcome both places he's been. He's got to be more than 50% of the problem.

ejsmith
04-03-2024, 10:36 AM
It will. Tremendously.
But he's not a cancer.

He is a team cancer. Anyone who throws their teammates under the bus is a team cancer. And he 100% threw Josh under the bus at the end of the season two seasons ago and I've seen him do it other times as well. But you didn't see anyone throwing him under the bus for his terrible play at the end of this season.

Good bye.

cas22
04-03-2024, 10:43 AM
Adios

- - - Updated - - -

I'm wondering if this will be earmarked as a post June 1st trade, otherwise it makes no sense to get picks next year instead of this year.
I think it is, can't save any money unless its a post june 1st trade , a draft pick in 2025 makes sense for that reason.

cas22
04-03-2024, 10:46 AM
we all no what Diggs is, he is a me guy, he did the same thing in Minny, on our win streak last year Where was Diggs?

this team will be much better without him.

Novacane
04-03-2024, 10:50 AM
Anyone know how much this saves on the cap if it's a 6/1 move? And what the dead cap would be next year?

Forward_Lateral
04-03-2024, 10:50 AM
we all no what Diggs is, he is a me guy, he did the same thing in Minny, on our win streak last year Where was Diggs?

this team will be much better without him.

Great point.

YardRat
04-03-2024, 10:51 AM
2nd rounder and 2 other picks. What a steal.

I think we gave up the other two picks, we didn't get them.

DraftBoy
04-03-2024, 10:51 AM
Could lead to the Bills taking their first this year and either their 2nd or Minny 2nd next year and trying to move up to take Brian Thomas from LSU.

6’3 with a 4.33 40 time. A little raw, but he could develop into a #1 option. Just not sure if his potential is so much higher than an AD Mitchell who you may be able to get at 28 without moving up.

DraftBoy
04-03-2024, 10:54 AM
Per OTC Bills will net lose about $4 million in cap this year but save $19 million next year.

https://overthecap.com/bills-trade-stefon-diggs-to-texans

Diggs will carry $31.096 million in dead money for the Bills, a record for a non-QB by about $4 million. The prior record was for an in-season trade where salary was picked up by the team. The team will lose about $4 million in net cap space with the trade.

Skooby
04-03-2024, 10:55 AM
Diggs disappeared last season & became a disrespectful D in the past few weeks, he forced his way off the team. You’ll hear all about it at some point, most likely from Diggs.

Novacane
04-03-2024, 10:58 AM
Oh you know he's going to throw everyone under the bus

I doubt it. I don't remember him doing that when he left Minny. He's smart enough to know if he does that and JA and the Bills take the high road he's the one that will come off as the problem.

Forward_Lateral
04-03-2024, 10:58 AM
During the 5 game, season on the line win streak Diggs had 24 catches for 214 yards.

He was a ghost for the entire 2nd half of the season, not to mention he pulled himself out of games with the game on the line multiple times during multiple games.

Hopefully whoever they draft, they do a thorough check to make sure they aren't an egomaniac headcase who will demand a trade in 4 years

Novacane
04-03-2024, 10:59 AM
Per OTC Bills will net lose about $4 million in cap this year but save $19 million next year.

https://overthecap.com/bills-trade-stefon-diggs-to-texans

They really wanted him gone.

justasportsfan
04-03-2024, 11:04 AM
:scratch:

"Coming from Joe Brady's offense... It kind of gave me a head start to the league, going in & knowing the concepts it was a little easier to grasp"

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/lsu-football/justin-jefferson-says-playing-in-joe-bradys-offense-at-lsu-gave-him-a-head-start-in-nfl/94581526/

cas22
04-03-2024, 11:04 AM
I think we gave up the other two picks, we didn't get them.
thats why it better be a june 1st trade or it just doesn't make sense.

Novacane
04-03-2024, 11:05 AM
Diggs will probably take indirect shots at JA by gushing over CJ Stroud. He won't directly throw JA under the bus. It's how he does things. He's a snake.

Chet
04-03-2024, 11:06 AM
Bittersweet.

Diggs is probably the most exciting off-season pickup this franchise has ever had, and he balled out for the better part of 4 seasons. You can credit Daboll, Palmer, or Josh’s own work ethic as much as you want, but his unexpected meteoric rise from Year 2 to 3 is a credit to Stefon Diggs. I love him and wish him well in Houston. He’s definitely going to a better situation and with a team that is not resting on their laurels (aggressively going after a top RB, WR, and Edge). Credit to Houston FO, who knows SB windows are fleeting and much respect to them for going all in.

With that said, he will be 31 midway through next season, an age around where several star WRs have their production drop off precipitously. For whatever reason the situation became toxic as he was featured less and less in the 2nd half of the season. The decision to extend him was awful at the time given his age, but I’m grateful we’ll get anything for him.

2024 can be flushed. Stef’s dead money hit, Von’s last year of highway robbery, and the transition from all the lost veteran stalwarts of the past 5-6 years. This is likely a 7 win team at worst and a 10 win team if they get a couple breaks.

I applaud the reboot, but it needs to include a new HC after we miss the playoffs in 2024. Terry has a reason to fire him now, where all parties can keep their dignity.

Come 2025 the excitement will be back. Anybody expecting anything in 2024 is either delusional or mentally ******ed

Skooby
Thank Christ, mother****er had killed more Dolphins than the Norse and Japanese combined, Fortunately for you all it's a deep WR class.

Unfortunately none of those kids are as great as Diggs.
Hahahahahahaha, you know we have a plan this season to do better.

ParanoidAndroid
It won't help the cap this year at all. It will make it worse

Not next year. $19M off the books is nice.

Forward_Lateral
04-03-2024, 11:08 AM
Not next year. $19M off the books is nice.
Yes.

sukie
04-03-2024, 11:09 AM
Digs will love catching those high arc lofts indoors.

gr8slayer
04-03-2024, 11:09 AM
Overdue, he and Allen weren't on the same page anymore.

justasportsfan
04-03-2024, 11:17 AM
Diggs will probably take indirect shots at JA by gushing over CJ Stroud. He won't directly throw JA under the bus. It's how he does things. He's a snake.

2024 AFC Championship . Texans CJ Stroud and Diggs visit Bill's Josh Allen and Jefferson .
Would make a cool headline.

sukie
04-03-2024, 11:18 AM
Not gonna lie, Diggs was a thrill to watch. Up there on the list of 4 year runs at WR in team history. He wasn’t gonna get better. Almost impossible to. It’s just that at his age he is looking to maintain that high plateau and THAT gets harder each year. Time to draft next WR superstar. Wonder what Allen thought about this?

next season assuming Von gone… Bills are gonna have plenty o space. But we don’t have a 3rd or 5th pick. Where did those go again?

Canadian'eh!
04-03-2024, 11:20 AM
Diggs is dead to me. I hope he blows out both ACLs and Achilles. Cancer pos

Historian
04-03-2024, 11:21 AM
.....aaaaand this is why I don't buy jerseys of current players!

:up:

Chet
04-03-2024, 11:25 AM
Just need a new HC and a kicker and the hard drive will be officially wiped

OpIv37
04-03-2024, 11:29 AM
The FO bet the farm on Von Miller and it didn’t pay off. Now we waste the rest of Josh’s prime on a rebuild.

I just turned 45 and I have zero faith that I will see a Bills’ SB in my lifetime.

Woodman
04-03-2024, 11:32 AM
The Texans are now better than the KC Chiefs.

kscdogbillsfan1221
04-03-2024, 11:33 AM
Diggs disappeared last season & became a disrespectful D in the past few weeks, he forced his way off the team. You’ll hear all about it at some point, most likely from Diggs.
Any inside info skoobs? For real?

Mike13
04-03-2024, 11:34 AM
Hahahahahahaha, you know we have a plan this season to do better.

Xavier Worthy would be a great pick for you, if he lasts that long.

Woodman
04-03-2024, 11:35 AM
Overdue, he and Allen weren't on the same page anymore.

:cheers:

He made absolutely no impact the last 6 games that we won by the way.

Woodman
04-03-2024, 11:37 AM
We will move up in the 1st.

28th now I can see us going up to about 15th.

justasportsfan
04-03-2024, 11:39 AM

you have issues :coocoo:

Typ0
04-03-2024, 11:42 AM
Damn. This reminds me of Grier leaving the Sabre's. Just didn't want to be where they weren't willing to win.

The Buffalo Bills are a Sean McDermott led Facade and are going no where.

This isn't a 'business' move. It's one of our best players have been in their faces about heads being up asses ... and the player is gone I'm guessing so the heads can stay firmly stuffed up asses.

Allen can be more comfortable taking summers off now.

Forward_Lateral
04-03-2024, 11:46 AM
.....aaaaand this is why I don't buy jerseys of current players!

:up:

Ditto.

I learned my lesson with Flutie and then Bledsoe, which my now wife got me for Christmas one year and it's an authentic one. Super $$$$

JoeMama
04-03-2024, 11:48 AM
Really disappointing that the trade won't yield cap savings this year.

My expectation was that if we were going to trade Diggs for relatively modest draft capital, you'd expect the Texans to eat his contract too.

The Bills clearly wanted him gone if they'll take only a 2nd and still eat 31mil in dead cap space. I'm curious what was happening behind the scenes.

Ed
04-03-2024, 11:49 AM
thats why it better be a june 1st trade or it just doesn't make sense.
I don't think you can designate a traded player as post-June 1st. That only applies to released players. They'd have to actually wait to execute the trade after June 1st to spread the cap hit. So they're taking their lumps this year. They're going to have a lot more cap space and flexibility next offseason.

jamze132
04-03-2024, 11:50 AM
Bittersweet.

Diggs is probably the most exciting off-season pickup this franchise has ever had, and he balled out for the better part of 4 seasons. You can credit Daboll, Palmer, or Josh’s own work ethic as much as you want, but his unexpected meteoric rise from Year 2 to 3 is a credit to Stefon Diggs. I love him and wish him well in Houston. He’s definitely going to a better situation and with a team that is not resting on their laurels (aggressively going after a top RB, WR, and Edge). Credit to Houston FO, who knows SB windows are fleeting and much respect to them for going all in.

With that said, he will be 31 midway through next season, an age around where several star WRs have their production drop off precipitously. For whatever reason the situation became toxic as he was featured less and less in the 2nd half of the season. The decision to extend him was awful at the time given his age, but I’m grateful we’ll get anything for him.

2024 can be flushed. Stef’s dead money hit, Von’s last year of highway robbery, and the transition from all the lost veteran stalwarts of the past 5-6 years. This is likely a 7 win team at worst and a 10 win team if they get a couple breaks.

I applaud the reboot, but it needs to include a new HC after we miss the playoffs in 2024. Terry has a reason to fire him now, where all parties can keep their dignity.

Come 2025 the excitement will be back. Anybody expecting anything in 2024 is either delusional or mentally ******ed

Bro we won out to win the division without much help (if any) from Diggs. I think we’ll be fine, if not better since Nosh won’t feel obligated to force the ball to any one WR.

- - - Updated - - -

We will move up in the 1st.

28th now I can see us going up to about 15th.

I hope not. I’d rather stay right where we are and take BPA. We need to get much younger.

jamze132
04-03-2024, 11:52 AM

My expectation was that if we were going to trade Diggs for relatively modest draft capital, you'd expect the Texans to eat his contract too.

The Bills clearly wanted him gone if they'll take only a 2nd and still eat 31mil in dead cap space. I'm curious what was happening behind the scenes.

Clearing $19m in space next season with this trade. Opens up lots of opportunities after the draft this year where we have so many picks.

YardRat
04-03-2024, 11:52 AM
Yeah, after some research it looks like there is no post-June 1st trade designation allowed.

TheConsigliere
04-03-2024, 11:54 AM

I THINK THAT IS RIGHT.

This was a fire sale.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
04-03-2024, 11:56 AM
The FO bet the farm on Von Miller and it didn’t pay off. Now we waste the rest of Josh’s prime on a rebuild.

I just turned 45 and I have zero faith that I will see a Bills’ SB in my lifetime.

Waa-aah

Canadian'eh!
04-03-2024, 11:57 AM

if they draft well it’s a brief rebuild. Josh has a lot of prime years left. Settle down.

Canadian'eh!
04-03-2024, 11:58 AM

It doesn’t work that way. The trade is the reason for the cap hit. Houston cannot “take it”. They took his contract and salaries.

JoeMama
04-03-2024, 11:59 AM
Clearing $19m in space next season with this trade. Opens up lots of opportunities after the draft this year where we have so many picks.

True, but I don't like looking ahead to 2025 when 2024 hasn't even kicked off.

This really puts us in a bind at WR this season.

We don't have a true #1. Shakir looked great in the slot late last year, but I'm assuming he'll be split wide in a new role and Samuel will take over the slot this year. I imagine our other starting WR will be rookie.

My guess is Kincaid's stock is about to shoot way, way up. Kind of like Kelce after Hill left KC.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
04-03-2024, 12:02 PM
Yeah, way, way up

OpIv37
04-03-2024, 12:08 PM
Ditto.

I learned my lesson with Flutie and then Bledsoe, which my now wife got me for Christmas one year and it's an authentic one. Super $$$$
Small potatoes. I got a Bruce jersey cheap in ‘92 when I was in 8th grade. Rolled with that for a long time. Then, it was Bledsoe, Losman for my wife, Spikes 2x cuz I got one signed, and Evans. Gave up on current players after that. I have a cheap Kelly replica and a nice Bruce authentic that my wife gave me. Those are the only ones I’ll wear.

Side note: I randomly found a T shirt with the Bills logo on the front and “Allen 17” on the back on clearance in Baltimore about a month ago. I bought it. I have the curse so he’s probably ****ed.

OpIv37
04-03-2024, 12:13 PM

We don't have a true #1. Shakir looked great in the slot late last year, but I'm assuming he'll be split wide in a new role and Samuel will take over the slot this year. I imagine our other starting WR will be rookie.

My guess is Kincaid's stock is about to shoot way, way up. Kind of like Kelce after Hill left KC.

If Kincaid can be half of what Kielce is, we will survive this. But that’s a huge “if.”

In hindsight, the Allen pick was brilliant. The rest of the 1st round QB’s from that draft were.busts. But he can’t do it without other weapons on O.

Turf
04-03-2024, 12:22 PM
Wow I just heard about this. I find it a shockingly stupid move. Diggs was already signed, he's still our #1, or was smh, and there was little to gain in this move unless I am missing something. There must be more personal wise matters they'll never talk about.

kscdogbillsfan1221
04-03-2024, 12:24 PM
If Kincaid can be half of what Kielce is, we will survive this. But that’s a huge “if.”

In hindsight, the Allen pick was brilliant. The rest of the 1st round QB’s from that draft were.busts. But he can’t do it without other weapons on O.
Lamar Jackson disagrees with that statement

Typ0
04-03-2024, 12:27 PM
Wow I just heard about this. I find it a shockingly stupid move. Diggs was already signed, he's still our #1, or was smh, and there was little to gain in this move unless I am missing something. There must be more personal wise matters they'll never talk about.

Diggs wants to win. This is because he isn't a yes man. Only people who say "yes Mr. Allen, Yes Sir" are allowed on the team.

Typ0
04-03-2024, 12:28 PM
The problem the Bills had for the last two seasons on the field was they tolerated Diggs as opposed to listened to him. Now, they are on to bigger and better things.

Mad Max
04-03-2024, 12:28 PM

Mark my words.

If I was a jackass who saved posts I would lol. This one won’t age well.

ghz in pittsburgh
04-03-2024, 12:29 PM
The Chiefs post Hill era, winning back to back superbowls with younger players with less distractions, must have played a role. You have Allen, and llike Mahomes, any WR comes into Buffalo and winds up having the best version of himelf. Samething with Brady in those years in NE. So maybe that's the model they are going after.

Also Diggs is going to be 31 in Nov. You trade a player a year earlier than a year later. That's the Belichick way.

It does not make the Bills a better team right now at this moment. So was the Chiefs 2 years gao when they traded away Hill.

I also believe Beane secretly wished that he drafted Jefferson instead of trading for Diggs years ago. I agree with someone here said that signing Diggs to the extension is a stupid move --- though it may be forced at the time.

Bill Cody

The Texans do assume his contract with the exception of bonuses which we already paid. The bonuses are what causes all the dead cap. It's a lot of money.

DetoxTent
Hot diggity-dog the ***** is gone. Willing to wait for vast benefits ($$$ savings and pick) until 2025.

Saratoga Slim
From a compensation perspective, the Chargers got only a 4th rounder for Keenan Allen. One year older, similar production to Diggs.

Shocked...but stepping back and in full view of the other moves we've made this offseason, clearly 2024 is a reset. We didn't win it all with the roster we had. Time to reboot.

I do think that the WR story is not over for this offseason. Zero chance that we go into the season without an addition to the WR room. A high draft pick for sure, but I'd honestly be a little surprised if it's just a draft pick--it would be unlike the Bills to rely on a rookie at a position like #1 WR. Highly doubt that they're satisfied starting the season with Samuel/Hollins/Shakir while a rookie gets going. I'm sure there's a plan in place before making a move like this.

justasportsfan
04-03-2024, 12:31 PM

Kelce 93 REC - 984 YDS 5 TDS
Kincaid 73 REC 673 YDS 2 TDs

Kincaid in his rookie year is already half of Kelce -- CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

Mad Max
04-03-2024, 12:33 PM

Any remaining doubts about drafting a WR just evaporated. The only question that remains now is if (when) Beane trades up how high will he go, what will he give up and who is he targeting?

My guess would be Odunze with a trade up.

justasportsfan
04-03-2024, 12:38 PM
If this is true, I'm glad we traded him away!

Houston Texans RB claims Stefon Diggs ‘asked’ for trade from Buffalo Bills

⚡️Primetime!!!⚡️
@Joe_MainMixon
@stefondiggs
just a few weeks ago you asked and We delivered�� Now let’s go get these ��’s��

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2024/04/houston-texans-rb-claims-stefon-diggs-asked-for-trade-from-buffalo-bills.html?fbclid=IwAR0HL7ksE1ZiV1VsGMDIwq1jaOYPNT3Q02hgtPfeoPmFjuKPDEnGVaYkutM_aem_AcBGUcne5Noe9CcXRnMkz515O2m1LP52CrBYfOMNKy4SRXkr_6WkPVOI7Wyp--xxUEh_u44YZ8Yw47zfw5sZg-D-

Bill Cody
04-03-2024, 12:40 PM
I totally do not get all the Diggs hate. Disgusting really, especially wishing him injury, that's just nuts. People have short memories. Yeah he didn't end last year well. And yeah like virtually every single top receiver in the NFL Stef can be a handful at times.

But this guy turned Josh Allen from a good to great QB the day he got here and the Bills into a SB contender. Diggs is as competitive as they come. All these top receivers are divas and they all want the ball every play, that's not a news flash.
I thank Stef Diggs for being a joy to watch. The guy ran great routes and he rarely dropped the ball. We'll see what he has left in the tank. I expect this move will motivate him. Good luck to him except when he plays us. Disapointing way to end things but I look at the big picture on what he meant to us while he was here.

As for the compensation I think it was fair considering Diggs age and contract.

Btw this trade is NOT being porocessed as a post June 1 deal. 31m dead cap hit this year.

Bill Cody
04-03-2024, 12:42 PM
Any remaining doubts about drafting a WR just evaporated. The only question that remains now is if (when) Beane trades up how high will he go, what will he give up and who is he targeting?

That would take too much ammo to do and probably not worth it. I do think a trade up is virtually inevitable though but maybe like 7 slots.

TheConsigliere
04-03-2024, 12:42 PM
If this is true, I'm glad we traded him away!

Houston Texans RB claims Stefon Diggs ‘asked’ for trade from Buffalo Bills

⚡️Primetime!!!⚡️
@Joe_MainMixon
@stefondiggs
just a few weeks ago you asked and We delivered�� Now let’s go get these ��’s��

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2024/04/houston-texans-rb-claims-stefon-diggs-asked-for-trade-from-buffalo-bills.html?fbclid=IwAR0HL7ksE1ZiV1VsGMDIwq1jaOYPNT3Q02hgtPfeoPmFjuKPDEnGVaYkutM_aem_AcBGUcne5Noe9CcXRnMkz515O2m1LP52CrBYfOMNKy4SRXkr_6WkPVOI7Wyp--xxUEh_u44YZ8Yw47zfw5sZg-D-

I have NO doubt about that

Typ0
04-03-2024, 12:43 PM
You know he asked for a trade because he wants to win and we aren't willing to.

TheConsigliere
04-03-2024, 12:46 PM

Can we just all pucker up and kiss both of Terry's ass cheeks for keeping Major League professional sports like hockey and football in Minor League Buffalo?

Be grateful

ghz in pittsburgh
04-03-2024, 12:46 PM

Maybe a small trade up. But a better bet is a double dipping of WRs in the draft.

I think an offensive philosophy change is in store. Joe Brady would be all in on it. With Diggs, you know he's going to be targeted a lion's share. I think Brady's offense, from what we saw last year, is muliplicity. So maybe there is no one commends the kind of targets Diggs demand any more. From that sense, it may not be looking for a huge trade up involving next year's 1st round pick.

justasportsfan
04-03-2024, 12:48 PM

we got rid of Dorsey which he wanted . The guy we replaced Dorsey with didn't have use for him in his system. We got better when we started spreading the ball . So if we are moving on to system that is better served by NOT forcing the ball to Diggs , then we're are trying to win.

Bill Cody
04-03-2024, 12:48 PM
I THINK THAT IS RIGHT.

This was a fire sale.

Nah. It's what the market would bear. It amounts really to a 3rd when you factor in the two picks we send back. And the 2nd will be a late 2nd. People get divorced. Players get traded. <shrug>

justasportsfan
04-03-2024, 12:50 PM
Can we just all pucker up and kiss both of Terry's ass cheeks for keeping Major League professional sports like hockey and football in Minor League Buffalo?

Be grateful

I am grateful the Bills werent moved to Toronto.

acehole
04-03-2024, 12:51 PM
We will be going from one of the oldest teams to the youngest by next year.
Bad cap to good cap by next year.
We spread the ball around in a Joe Brady offense (Low impact).
We get rid of a whiner.
We get rid of an over paid player.
We signed depth and vets at the position to prompt impact.
We may sign or trade for another.
We may draft 1 or 2 in a few weeks better suited for a Brady offense.
We will use the compensation to either fill more holes and depth either this or next year.
We may use compensation to to move up this year.

All wins.

Von will be next years cut.
Time to reload/rebuild.

Beans strategy works.

Canadian'eh!
04-03-2024, 12:52 PM
https://twitter.com/RyanMura/status/1775542270361518429

Mad Max
04-03-2024, 12:53 PM
Who told you we aren’t?

I’m as critical as the next guy when I see them do stupid ish BUT facts don’t lie and the facts are that the team was a true contender for the Super Bowl the past three years. If not for the MASH unit on D (and maybe Diggs’ own dropped pass) we most likely go bowling last season.

Diggs is a whingy fella off the field. Always has been. I thank him for his good work with the team but am ok with him being gone.

A little pain now, but massive cap relief next year which will allow for big moves.

TheConsigliere
04-03-2024, 12:56 PM
I am grateful the Bills werent moved to Toronto.

STOP creating fake strawmen.

The Bills were NEVER going to move to Toronto.

NEVER.

If Bon Jovi and Rogers were able to buy the Bills, they were NOT going to move them.

No one in Toronto wants the Bills to move to Toronto.

Toronto people want a new NFL franchise of their own.

They enjoy going to Buffalo for a Bills game.

Until someone steps up with $5B, there will be NO NFL team in Toronto.

$2.5B Franchise Fee + $2.5B for a Downtown waterfront stadium.

It is the only way it will work.

Saratoga Slim
04-03-2024, 12:57 PM
Nah. It's what the market would bear. It amounts really to a 3rd when you factor in the two picks we send back. And the 2nd will be a late 2nd. People get divorced. Players get traded. <shrug>

We got Minnesota's 2nd from Houston in the trade (https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39866413/sources-bills-finalizing-trade-star-wr-stefon-diggs-texans). Minnesota should not be ultra competitive, given that as of now their quarterback room is Sam Darnold and Nick Mullens. So this could be a decent 2nd round pick.

</shrug>

notacon
04-03-2024, 12:58 PM
Beane must have 5 or 6 WRs on his board at 28, but I'm willing to bet that 2025 2nd rounder is as good as gone on draft day this season.

Gonna save a ton of cap space and build toward the future.

Tell me Diggs looked as good last year as he did in 2022.

This is an appropriate move but I do wish it wasn't to a quick rising team like the Texans.

+1.

Tyreek Hill was supposed to make Miami an INSTANT SB contender. :rofl: Hill is a LOT better than Diggs. Sure did not help Miami when the Bills beat the crap out of them twice last year.

See ya.

Great move.

+1,000

Mark my words.

What baloney!!! Mark MY words that I will throw this silliness up into your face in two years (maybe less when the Bills get to and/or win a SB). :rolleyes:

He can spill all the beans he wants, the Bills win more game with Allen on the roster and no Diggs than they do with Diggs on the roster and no Allen.

+10,000!!!!

This much needed move tells me that the Bills know EXACTLY what they are doing. This reminds me of the great moves that Belichick made (when he was in his prime) of getting rid of aging, expensive vets, BEFORE they totally crapped out, and move on with younger players.

In my opinion, Yardie is 100% WRONG when he says that "Allen is here for two more years, tops.". In fact, I think it shows the OPPOSITE.

It unmistakably sends the message to the TEAM and the NFL that they are ALL IN with JOSH ALLEN. HE is the guy that will bring a title to Buffalo. Who he has to throw to is secondary.

Yeah....we already saw the same thing happened when KC traded Tyreek Hill. Easily the #1 WR in the NFL by quite a bit (no, Diggs is not anywhere close to Hill, hence the big difference in trade value). A LOT of observers predicted that it would hurt KC.

:rofl: Yeah...riiiight. All that happened is that KC won not ONE, but TWO Super Bowls without Hill. KC's WR room was markedly below average. About the same last year. SO WHAT??? They win because of Mahoems. Allen is almost at the same level as PM.

Yes, Diggs was an essential pick up that helped IMMENSELY in Allen's development into a superstar elite QB. Now, he is more an albatross than help. ESPECIALLY in what is ALL important....the PLAYOFFS.

Diggs has been more or less, an average WR in the playoffs. He's been total CRAP in every playoff loss. Here are the facts for all of his nine playoff games with the Bills. The losses are in bold.

<tbody>

TGS
REC
Catch %
Yards
AVG/Y/C
Long
TD

Chiefs L

37.50%

Pittsburgh W
77.78%

Bengals L

40.00%

Miami W
77.78%

Chiefs L

50.00%

Pats W
75.00%

Chiefs L

54.55%

Ravens W
72.73%

Colts W
66.67%

AVG/Y/G

Totals
61.04%

LOSSES

45.71%

</tbody>
<style>table {mso-displayed-decimal-separator:"\."; mso-displayed-thousand-separator:"\,";}tr {mso-height-source:auto;}col {mso-width-source:auto;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}td {padding-top:1px; padding-right:1px; padding-left:1px; mso-ignore:padding; color:black; font-size:11.0pt; font-weight:400; font-style:normal; text-decoration:none; font-family:Verdana, sans-serif; mso-font-charset:0; mso-number-format:General; text-align:general; vertical-align:bottom; border:none; mso-background-source:auto; mso-pattern:auto; mso-protection:locked visible; white-space:nowrap; mso-rotate:0;}.xl65 {text-align:center;}.xl66 {border:.5pt solid windowtext;}.xl67 {text-align:center; border:.5pt solid windowtext;}.xl68 {font-weight:700; border:.5pt solid windowtext;}.xl69 {font-weight:700; text-align:center; border:.5pt solid windowtext;}.xl70 {font-weight:700; mso-number-format:Percent; text-align:center; border:.5pt solid windowtext;}.xl71 {mso-number-format:Percent; text-align:center; border:.5pt solid windowtext;}.xl72 {mso-number-format:Fixed; text-align:center; border:.5pt solid windowtext;}.xl73 {mso-number-format:Fixed; border:.5pt solid windowtext;}</style>

TWO TD's IN NINE PLAYOFF GAMES?!?!?!!? ZERO TD's in FOUR PLAYOFF LOSSES?!?!!??

That is a ****TY record for a supposed #1 WR on a team with a superstar elite QB who is literally one of the best pass throwers in the NFL.

With the development of Shakir and Kincaid (85% and 79% catch % respectively) and the multi-talented WR Curtis Samuel, and this years draft being rich with WR's....and Joe Brady having the benifit of a whole off season to scheme and install HIS offensive vision (some we have seen which was starting to transform the offense into a multi-pronged threat, and NOT one dimensional) as it's mostly been for several years, the Bills are on a VERY GOOD PATH.

I am even more optimistic that the Bills are making the changes they need to get over that hump.

Brandon Beane and Sean McDermott deserve :bf1:

John Doe
04-03-2024, 12:59 PM
Did the Bills keep Ronnie Harmon after he dropped a critical pass?

jamze132
04-03-2024, 01:02 PM

I hear you but I’m really not concerned with losing Diggs for the upcoming season. We’re more focused on running the ball and spreading the ball around. Diggs didn’t like not getting 10+ targets per game and was taking himself out of 3rd downs a lot as the season progressed. Like I said, we won out despite his lack of production so I’m not worried about 2024. I still think we’ll win the division and we’ll have lots of money going into 2025, and an additional high-impact draft pick.

notacon
04-03-2024, 01:03 PM

Lamar Jackson, two time NFL MVP is a "bust"?!?!?!? Uhhhhhh.....and you wonder why we question your grasp on "reality".

Bill Cody
04-03-2024, 01:04 PM
My target in the 1st would be Adonai Mitchell, Texas 6'2" 205 4.34 40. He might even be there at 28 but Beane will move up a few spots and grab him. His game needs a little polishing but this guy could be a #1 receiver. If you get a guy like that in the 20's you've done well.

EDS
04-03-2024, 01:05 PM
We will be going from one of the oldest teams to the youngest by next year.

Beans strategy works.

The strategy may work but I believe the goal remains to win a super bowl and the Bills have come up empty in the McDermott/Beane/Allen era so far.

We are basically do a roster purge similar to what KC did a couple years ago. The good news is that KC has two super bowls to show their strategy worked. I hope the Bills can be half as successful!

notacon
04-03-2024, 01:08 PM

This may be the dumbest post of the year. :rolleyes:

POTLAND PSILBYLO
04-03-2024, 01:11 PM
I hope Diggs dribbles some syrup on his fancy leopard shirt at the Houston Waffle House.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah did they?

NO

Forward_Lateral
04-03-2024, 01:13 PM
Good luck to Diggs and his collection of man purses and silk shirts.

Novacane
04-03-2024, 01:14 PM

No!

TheConsigliere
04-03-2024, 01:17 PM
This may be the dumbest post of the year. :rolleyes:

Have you been to the SpinZone Forum recently and seen some of Israel Lover's posts?

- - - Updated - - -

Good luck to Diggs and his collection of man purses and silk shirts.

You are just jealous because with his skinny legs he can pull that look off.

Mad Max
04-03-2024, 01:18 PM
Maybe a small trade up. But a better bet is a double dipping of WRs in the draft.

I think an offensive philosophy change is in store. Joe Brady would be all in on it. With Diggs, you know he's going to be targeted a lion's share. I think Brady's offense, from what we saw last year, is muliplicity. So maybe there is no one commends the kind of targets Diggs demand any more. From that sense, it may not be looking for a huge trade up involving next year's 1st round pick.
To be clear I’m projecting what I think Big Baller Beane will do since we all know his history of wheeling and dealing, and this trade will just add massive motivation to his penchant.

Personally I would stay put at 28 and grab the best WR left…ideally I would trade DOWN to get an additional 2nd rounder and then check three boxes in the second with a WR, DT and OL/S.

Mad Max
04-03-2024, 01:26 PM
Oh BTW for those who don’t already know Houston’s on our schedule this season.

That’ll be one not to miss eh?

YardRat
04-03-2024, 01:35 PM

I've been saying for a couple of years that Shakir was drafted to be Diggs' replacement eventually...I just didn't think it wwas going to be this season.

YardRat
04-03-2024, 01:38 PM

1. Ronnie harmon is nowhere near the player Diggs is.

2. They still couldn't close the deal.

YardRat
04-03-2024, 01:42 PM
Lol. This regime could cut every single player that's left on the roster and replace them with the All Stars from the Lingerie Football League and some fans would still be "WOO-HOOOOO!! BEST MOVES EVER, SUPER BOWL HERE WE COME!!!!! BEANE AND MCDERMOTT ARE SIMPLY THAT MUCH SMARTER THAN EVERYBODY ELSE IN THE ROOM!"

Mad Max
04-03-2024, 01:43 PM
I've been saying for a couple of years that Shakir was drafted to be Diggs' replacement eventually...I just didn't think it wwas going to be this season.

You really think so?

I don’t. He’s too short and skinny. He’s not an X. Can he be a Z? Maybe.

I think we get our X via the draft or blockbuster trade.

Clumpy
04-03-2024, 01:45 PM
We have a trade............Bills select with the 9th pick in the first round of the 2024 NFL Draft:

WR Rome Odunze Washington

:2cents:

justasportsfan
04-03-2024, 01:46 PM
I've been saying for a couple of years that Shakir was drafted to be Diggs' replacement eventually...

I dont think the plan was to replace Diggs (no.1) with a 5th rd. project.

Clumpy
04-03-2024, 01:47 PM
We will also begin to see the Aiyuk to Bills predictions

YardRat
04-03-2024, 01:48 PM
You really think so?

I don’t. He’s too short and skinny. He’s not an X. Can he be a Z? Maybe.

I think we get our X via the draft or blockbuster trade.

He's almost exactly the same size as Diggs. 6' 190 vs 6' 191 according to PFR.

Mad Max
04-03-2024, 01:50 PM
He's almost exactly the same size as Diggs. 6' 190 vs 6' 191 according to PFR.

Yep. But Diggs is also the exception I would argue…not the rule.

justasportsfan
04-03-2024, 01:50 PM
Kincaid 70 + Catches
Samuel 60+ catches.
You know Diggs wouldnt have been happy if he wasnt targeted more than 100X .
He will whine @ Houston if Stroud doesnt look his way.

notacon
04-03-2024, 01:51 PM
Have you been to the SpinZone Forum recently and seen some of Israel Lover's posts?

Of course, I meant here in the Bills Zone. :D:

kscdogbillsfan1221
04-03-2024, 01:55 PM
I dont think the plan was to replace Diggs (no.1) with a 5th rd. project.

What round was diggs drafted in?

they may have thought they found a diamond in the rough like diggs

unlikely, but possible

Forward_Lateral
Kincaid 70 + Catches
Samuel 60+ catches.
You know Diggs wouldnt have been happy if he wasnt targeted more than 100X .
He will whine @ Houston if Stroud doesnt look his way.

He will be malcontent there by midseason.

He says he wants to win, but he acts like he only wants to win if he's the center of attention

notacon
Lol. This regime could cut every single player that's left on the roster and replace them with the All Stars from the Lingerie Football League and some fans would still be "WOO-HOOOOO!! BEST MOVES EVER, SUPER BOWL HERE WE COME!!!!! BEANE AND MCDERMOTT ARE SIMPLY THAT MUCH SMARTER THAN EVERYBODY ELSE IN THE ROOM!"

Lol. This regime could sign every single player big name FA that's left on market and some fans would still be "OH NOES!! WORST MOVE EVER, WE WILL NEVER, and I MEAN NEVER WIN A SUPER BOWL!!!!! BEANE AND MCDERMOTT ARE SIMPLY STUPIDER THAN EVERYONE EVERYWHERE!!!!!

Wait.....we already have many posters saying almost exactly that. :rofl:

Forward_Lateral
04-03-2024, 01:57 PM
I love the OH MAN WHAT A HORRIBLE EXTENSION comments. If they didn't give him the extension, people here would've freaked out. Same with the Von Miller contract. If they didn't sign him, people would've been saying "Oh man typical cheap ass Bills."

You can't have it both ways.

Clumpy
04-03-2024, 02:03 PM
:popcorn:

Mad Max
04-03-2024, 02:03 PM
I love the OH MAN WHAT A HORRIBLE EXTENSION comments. If they didn't give him the extension, people here would've freaked out. Same with the Von Miller contract. If they didn't sign him, people would've been saying "Oh man typical cheap ass Bills."

You can't have it both ways.

Bottom line is Diggs was rapidly diminishing returns and a contract albatross. Why people would freak out about this is beyond me.

The ONLY player we can’t afford to lose is the Cyborg. The rest are replaceable.

notacon
04-03-2024, 02:17 PM
What round was diggs drafted in?

they may have thought they found a diamond in the rough like diggs

unlikely, but possible

As I pointed out in another thread (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/265539-The-Family%E2%80%99s-Annual-Bills-Mock-Draft-%E2%80%94-2024-Version?p=5096076&viewfull=1#post5096076)....

...only ONE of the Top Five WR's in 2023 (in yards) was a first round pick. Two (including the #1 WR) were FIFTH round picks, One 4th round and one 2nd. Rank of the Top 5 and their draft round...

#1 - Tyreek Hill - 5th
#2 - CeeDee Lamb - 1st
#3 - Amon-Ra St Brown - 4th
#4 - Puka Nacua - 5th
$5 - A.J. Brown - 2nd.

The Bills #1 WR, Stefon Diggs (#13 in 2023 receiving yards) was also a 5th round pick.

But, there is little doubt that a first round pick (especially high 1st round picks) are more likely to become a substantial starting WR.

Although I do agree with justa that it was not the plan to replace Diggs with Shakir, he is far from a "project" and he has a very bright future ahead of him.

Shakir, Samuel, Kincaid and Cook are a solid offensive core to build on around one of the best QB's in the NFL. We have no idea what Shorter is yet. With the Bills almost assuredly in the position to draft one of the Top FIVE (if not one of the TOP THREE) WR this year, the pass catching position is looking pretty damn good.

Sorry to say, Diggs was **** in the last loss of the year for the Bills in each of the past four years.

Clumpy
04-03-2024, 02:22 PM
Odunze

Odunze

Odunze

kgun12
04-03-2024, 02:29 PM
Diggs is getting killed by NFL insiders.

Michael Lombardi former GM said the Bills have been trying to trade Diggs the entire off season and this was the best deal they could get. He thought the Bills were lucky to get what they did.

Sean Salisbury says just wait until he only gets 3 balls he’ll be complaining. A leopard doesn’t change his spots. He’s saying a lot of negatives about him. He said they might have given up too much to get him for all his issues.
He said Houston is hoping they can fix Driggs’s issues but they probably need a really good psychologist.

Seems like the NFL world has a lot more insight as to Diggs issues that we weren’t privy to.

Novacane
04-03-2024, 02:34 PM

Michael Lombardi former GM said the Bills have been trying to trade Diggs the entire off season and this was the best deal they could get. He thought the Bills were lucky to get what they did.

Sean Salisbury says just wait until he only gets 3 balls he’ll be complaining. A leopard doesn’t change his spots. He’s saying a lot of negatives about him. He said they might have given up too much to get him for all his issues.
He said Houston is hoping they can fix Driggs’s issues but they probably need a really good psychologist.

Seems like the NFL world has a lot more insight as to Diggs issues that we weren’t privy to.

Two teams have said thanks but no thanks anymore to one of the better WR in the league. That says a lot about him.

Novacane
04-03-2024, 02:36 PM
Odunze

Odunze

Odunze

Would our first and next years first get us there?

JoeMama
04-03-2024, 02:37 PM

Working in Kincaid's favor is that Allen trusted him and targeted him heavily between weeks 7 - 14, especially when Knox was out.

With our WR corps being so thin, I have to imagine Brady will work Kincaid heavily into the game plan this season.

Despite only having one season under his belt, I feel safe in saying Kincaid is already a gifted pass catcher who will only get better. He's not an 'unknown' for me.

RandyMoss84
04-03-2024, 02:45 PM
Use that 2nd to bring in Justin Jefferson...LOL.

Vikings said they are not trading Jefferson and not only that, Vikings will laugh and hang up the phone if Bills only offer a 2nd round pick, he is worth more than a 2nd round pick since he is the best wide receiver in the NFL

notacon
04-03-2024, 02:47 PM

Ouch!!!

Thanks for the info.

ckg927
04-03-2024, 02:52 PM
Diggs and two picks for a 2nd next year? Not an immediate fan of this move, I hope there are some other coordinated moves to come and this was just the first domino.
Don't be surprised if the next ones start falling soon.

Historian
04-03-2024, 02:58 PM
I do think that the WR story is not over for this offseason. Zero chance that we go into the season without an addition to the WR room. A high draft pick for sure, but I'd honestly be a little surprised if it's just a draft pick--it would be unlike the Bills to rely on a rookie at a position like #1 WR. Highly doubt that they're satisfied starting the season with Samuel/Hollins/Shakir while a rookie gets going. I'm sure there's a plan in place before making a move like this.

This is what Tasker and Brown said. They feel this is step one of a two part deal to bring in another receiver....and then the third step to be drafting one as well.

Here's how I see Diggs.

Soft hands....precision routes....still pretty quick for 30. That's the good stuff.

OTOH, he had become Buffalo's #2 receiver, by essentially becoming a possession guy. Curl ins, quick outs, etc.

The problem is, for the last year and a half, he has caught the ball, and taken a dive....assumingly to avoid the contact.

Not a bad strategy to stay healthy, but a team needs more out of their number one wide receiver.

Then add to that the tantrums, the cryptic tweeting, the drop in productivity, the focus on everything other than football....my guess is that the Bills simply felt....ENOUGH.

Especially after seeing KC deal away a much better wide receiver, then go on to win two consecutive Super Bowls.

I liked him, he gave us some thrills, but with average size and speed, at 31 years old, it's time to move on.

ckg927

On PAPER, they're better.

Talk to me when that translates to what happens on the field.

gr8slayer

Honestly, DCs have film on Stroud, he's going to have to improve a lot to stay ahead. We'll see what he's really made of in year two with a full year of film on him.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, DCs have film on Stroud, he's going to have to improve a lot to stay ahead. We'll see what he's really made of in year two with a full year of film on him.

acehole
04-03-2024, 02:59 PM
Vikings said they are not trading Jefferson and not only that, Vikings will laugh and hang up the phone if Bills only offer a 2nd round pick, he is worth more than a 2nd round pick since he is the best wide receiver in the NFL

Don't think he meant by itself

notacon
04-03-2024, 03:00 PM

Hmmmmmm.

The speculation is going to go into overdrive in the next few weeks.

According to this draft value chart (https://www.pro-football-reference.com/draft/draft_trade_value.htm) (which are fairly (but not always) accurate when applying to past draft day trades) has the Bills #28 worth 660 points.

With the off season moves so far, and the needs of teams in the top 10, Chicago's #9 pick seems like a possible spot to trade up to grab this kid.

That pick is worth 1,350.

That's a 690 point difference. The last 5 or 6 picks in the 1st round (for 2024) are worth between 680 and 590 (for SB winner) so one can estimate the 2025 pick values.

It would probably take a little more than just swapping their 2024 1st round picks and the Bills 2025 1st round pick. But absolutely in the ballpark.

With two 2nd round picks for 2025, that may be the plan.

acehole
04-03-2024, 03:03 PM
Stephon Diggs was a 5th round project. 2015 draft by mN?

acehole
04-03-2024, 03:06 PM
I am not. Addition by subtraction.

If he was a douche in the locker room then we got a good deal.

We have enough skilled players now I am sure we will get 1-2 more.

Clumpy
04-03-2024, 03:07 PM

We traded #10 to KC for #27, #91, and following year #1

#28 to #9 would likely need a little more but not impossible if they believe Odunze is a franchise WR

Clumpy
04-03-2024, 03:13 PM
But this assumes that Bears are willing to trade down that far and also that Odunze is still available

Historian
04-03-2024, 03:15 PM
This is silly.

These guys have taken a laughingstock of a franchise, and turned it into a perennial powerhouse.

I trust them.

justasportsfan
04-03-2024, 03:17 PM
This is silly.

Theses guys have taken a laughingstock of a franchise, and turned it into a perennial powerhouse.

I trust them.

It wasnt Beanes nor McD's fault he dropped balls vs. KC which mostl likely could've won us the game. I hope is goes to Texans and lays an egg and cries when Stroud decides to throw to someone else.

RandyMoss84
04-03-2024, 03:19 PM

No, Texans are not better than the Chiefs until Texans defeat the Chiefs

RandyMoss84
04-03-2024, 03:21 PM

I reported your post, you need to be banned, that is uncalled for

Novacane
04-03-2024, 03:22 PM
Beane speaking now. He's deflecting questions as to why . He's taking the high road and thanking Stef for his four years of service. This leaves us between 3-4 mill under the cap. We'll get Tre's savings back in June which will make us good.

Novacane
04-03-2024, 03:24 PM
Beane: It was the best decision for the Bills.

Canadian'eh!
04-03-2024, 03:26 PM
He was kidding. Hence the lol.

TheConsigliere
04-03-2024, 03:27 PM
Beane speaking now. He's deflecting questions as to why . He's taking the high road and thanking Stef for his four years of service. This leaves us between 3-4 mill under the cap. We'll get Tre's savings back in June which will make us good.

Apparently, he has wanted out of Buffalo for a while and Beane has been trying to trade him even last season.

When other NFL GMs know that, the trade return you are going to get is going to plummet.

Canadian'eh!
04-03-2024, 03:27 PM
I reported your post, you need to be banned, that is uncalled for

Good for you. Mr 19 posts.

Canadian'eh!
04-03-2024, 03:30 PM
This is what Tasker and Brown said. They feel this is step one of a two part deal to bring in another receiver....and then the third step to be drafting one as well.

Here's how I see Diggs.

Soft hands....precision routes....still pretty quick for 30. That's the good stuff.

OTOH, he had become Buffalo's #2 receiver, by essentially becoming a possession guy. Curl ins, quick outs, etc.

The problem is, for the last year and a half, he has caught the ball, and taken a dive....assumingly to avoid the contact.

Not a bad strategy to stay healthy, but a team needs more out of their number one wide receiver.

Then add to that the tantrums, the cryptic tweeting, the drop in productivity, the focus on everything other than football....my guess is that the Bills simply felt....ENOUGH.

Especially after seeing KC deal away a much better wide receiver, then go on to win two consecutive Super Bowls.

I liked him, he gave us some thrills, but with average size and speed, at 31 years old, it's time to move on.
When is step 2?

They LOST 4 mil in cap space on this. The FA market and trades have mostly happened already.

unless part 2 is the draft or next offseason….

Clumpy
04-03-2024, 03:33 PM
But how much cap space did we save next season?

Over $20 million and now Bills are under 2025 projected cap

That $4.4 million additional dead cap was ADDITION BY SUBTRACTION

Woodman
04-03-2024, 03:35 PM
Odunze

Odunze

Odunze

Very

Very

Very ........... possible

Woodman
04-03-2024, 03:37 PM

See ya.

Great move.

Miller is next.

Canadian'eh!
04-03-2024, 03:39 PM
Honestly, if you have a cancer in the team, you need to bite the bullet and rid yourself of them.

Diggs was one of my favourites. I defended him. But last year I saw a guy who had quit on his team. Unforgivable.

They lost a lot of veterans. A lot of them were also declining. If they draft well they can be well setup for next offseason with picks and cap room.

They will still be good as long as they have JA. maybe a step back year will also rid them of McDs poor coaching, though I fear he now has another built in scapegoat.

Woodman
04-03-2024, 03:41 PM
No kidding I'm diggin the **** out of this move.

justasportsfan
04-03-2024, 03:47 PM
Does this mean Josh and Diggs wont be playing video games anymore?

kgun12
04-03-2024, 03:47 PM
No kidding I'm diggin the **** out of this move.

And I just found out on NFL Live this will be the Vikings 2nd which will most likely be a much higher pick the Houston’s!

RandyMoss84
04-03-2024, 03:52 PM
And I just found out on NFL Live this will be the Vikings 2nd which will most likely be a much higher pick the Houston’s!

Not if Vikings find a way to win games with crappy quarterback play

Woodman
04-03-2024, 03:55 PM

Houston is gonna be a beast ..... Vikings have who's their QB again? :D

kgun12
04-03-2024, 03:56 PM
Not if Vikings find a way to win games with crappy quarterback play

They’re in a tough division with Detroit and Green Bay, the chances the Vikings make the playoffs or having a better record than the Texans are slim.

TacklingDummy
04-03-2024, 03:56 PM
you have issues :coocoo:

You know its their way.

notacon
04-03-2024, 04:02 PM
But this assumes that Bears are willing to trade down that far and also that Odunze is still available

Hence, the speculation.

Atlanta may be a good opportunity to move up as well.

notacon
04-03-2024, 04:07 PM
Beane: It was the best decision for the Bills.

Sure looks that way.

It sure looks like all the decisions made this off season are the best for the Bills.

I suspect that looking back, this off season could be pivotal in springboarding the Bills over the hump. If not this year, next.

notacon
04-03-2024, 04:15 PM
The Athletic (https://theathletic.com/5389027/2024/04/03/buffalo-bills-after-stefon-diggs-whats-next/)is reporting (https://theathletic.com/5389027/2024/04/03/buffalo-bills-after-stefon-diggs-whats-next/)....

The Bills had been going through the offseason with the belief that Diggs would be on the roster and was in their plans for 2024, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

…snip…

But the deal came together rather quickly. According to a source briefed on the matter, the Texans presented the Bills with an offer for Diggs on Tuesday, which set forward a 24-hour period of internal discussions by the Bills about dealing their star receiver. Those discussions even looped in ownership. The Bills agreed to the deal shortly before 11 a.m. ET on Wednesday, when Beane called Diggs to inform him of the trade.

…snip…

The Bills also took advantage of all their cap clearing preceding this deal, which also helps explain why they felt comfortable trading Diggs now. Before the trade, the Bills had around $6 or $7 million in cap space — but that was before the $10 million-plus boost in cap space they received for the Tre’Davious White post-June 1 designation. While they still need space for their rookie draft class, it’s nowhere close to the $16-plus million in cap space they would have had on June 1.

They had the flexibility to take on the additional $4 million cap hit now. While it takes away room for some post-draft dealings and creates a need to replace another starter, it also completely takes Diggs off the Bills’ 2025 books, while getting what could be an early second-round pick to do it. If the Bills hung on to Diggs for 2024 and either traded him for a likely much lesser pick next year or flat-out released him, they would have had a dead-cap charge of over $22 million on their books. They used taking on more of a dead-cap charge right now as leverage for a better pick.

…snip…

Beane and the Bills have been plenty aggressive with draft-day trades before. But now, armed with another second-round pick in next year’s draft, nothing should be ruled out regarding a massive move up the board. If the Bills can get their hands on Marvin Harrison Jr., Malik Nabers or Rome Odunze — or even Brian Thomas Jr. later in the first round — it would give them both a starter and a potential long-term No. 1 to pair with Allen. That would be the ultimate move that signals they are still quite serious about winning in 2024.

Woodman
04-03-2024, 04:28 PM
Brandon Beane on trading Stefon Diggs- Value, timing made sense for us - NBC Sports (https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/brandon-beane-on-trading-stefon-diggs-value-timing-made-sense-for-us)

Bills General Manager Brandon Beane held a press conference to discuss the team’s decision to trade wide receiver Stefon Diggs to the Texans on Wednesday.
Diggs and a pair of late-round picks were sent to Houston in exchange for a 2025 second-round pick and the Bills will take on $31 million in dead cap space as a result of the deal, so one of the topics Beane touched on was whether this trade and an offseason that featured a lot of other veteran departures were a sign of the team taking a step back after four straight division titles.
Beane said that was “by no means” the case and that everything the team does is designed with winning in mind. He avoided saying whether Diggs requested a trade and said that there was not one particular moment that led to the decision to make the move now.

Mad Max
04-03-2024, 04:28 PM
When is step 2?

They LOST 4 mil in cap space on this. The FA market and trades have mostly happened already.

unless part 2 is the draft or next offseason….
I’m going out on a sturdy limb and say the next move is draft related. I doubt Beanes going to try and take another big salary swing for someone like Jefferson or Higgins.

TacklingDummy
04-03-2024, 04:29 PM
Wish they could have kept Gabe.

If I had to pick 1 I would have picked Davis to stay vs Diggs.

Felt he made better plays and was a better teammate. Just Josh always had the pressure to look for Diggs first. Never really considered Diggs to be in the league of Jefferson, Chase, Lamb, Kupp, Hill, Adams, Metcalf, Evans, Hopkins.

TacklingDummy
04-03-2024, 04:31 PM
I’m going out on a sturdy limb and say the next move is draft related. I doubt Beanes going to try and take another big salary swing for someone like Jefferson or Higgins.

I’m good with WR, OL, WR, DL, S.

Mad Max
04-03-2024, 04:40 PM
I’m good with WR, OL, WR, DL, S.
Yep. I said I would actually trade back a little to get another second as I think this draft is deep enough to get great value in WR, OL, DT in the s second with enough picks left over to take a few “athlete” shots.

Mad Max
04-03-2024, 04:43 PM
Brandon Beane on trading Stefon Diggs- Value, timing made sense for us - NBC Sports (https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/brandon-beane-on-trading-stefon-diggs-value-timing-made-sense-for-us)

Bills General Manager Brandon Beane held a press conference to discuss the team’s decision to trade wide receiver Stefon Diggs to the Texans on Wednesday.
Diggs and a pair of late-round picks were sent to Houston in exchange for a 2025 second-round pick and the Bills will take on $31 million in dead cap space as a result of the deal, so one of the topics Beane touched on was whether this trade and an offseason that featured a lot of other veteran departures were a sign of the team taking a step back after four straight division titles.
Beane said that was “by no means” the case and that everything the team does is designed with winning in mind. He avoided saying whether Diggs requested a trade and said that there was not one particular moment that led to the decision to make the move now.

Yikes. That last line read as cancer.

Woodman
04-03-2024, 05:23 PM
Brandon Beane promises to "turn over every stone" to replace Stefon Diggs - NBC Sports (https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/brandon-beane-promises-to-turn-over-every-stone-to-replace-stefon-diggs)

I think we do have a lot of confidence in our offense, in the other players, whether it’s receivers, the two tights, the backs. And, listen, we don’t play games until September. I would hope you know by now I’m going to turn over every stone, and our staff is, to continue to look to add depth and competition to all those rooms, so that when it’s time to play that we have a team we’re proud of and that’s going to go out there and give us a chance to win.”
Beane said the move does not signal a rebuild for the Bills, who have yet to get over the hump and get to the Super Bowl in six seasons with Josh Allen at quarterback.

Mad Max
04-03-2024, 05:25 PM
Brandon Beane promises to "turn over every stone" to replace Stefon Diggs - NBC Sports (https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/brandon-beane-promises-to-turn-over-every-stone-to-replace-stefon-diggs)

I think we do have a lot of confidence in our offense, in the other players, whether it’s receivers, the two tights, the backs. And, listen, we don’t play games until September. I would hope you know by now I’m going to turn over every stone, and our staff is, to continue to look to add depth and competition to all those rooms, so that when it’s time to play that we have a team we’re proud of and that’s going to go out there and give us a chance to win.”
Beane said the move does not signal a rebuild for the Bills, who have yet to get over the hump and get to the Super Bowl in six seasons with Josh Allen at quarterback.
Beanie Baby isn’t done wheeling and dealing? Shocking news. Truly.

Mace
04-03-2024, 06:18 PM
Yeah, maybe I'm missing some things.

Diggs as a Bill was a 19 mil cap hit. Not a Bill is a 31 mil cap hit. That's not 4 mil, it's 12.

Diggs was a team captain. Locker room cancer with culture motivational guy McDermott placid? No.

Only other player with as much fire to win is Allen. Diggs' production declined because they stopped throwing to him noim for the second year in a row. S'ok... they'll be a running team...with qb Josh Allen... seriously?

Rumors also say Beane was keeping him until Texans dangled a 2nd...and reference Keenan Allen.

We needed to complement a wr catching 100 plus balls a year to needing to replace him...and find another to complement that production. We're going to run! With qb Josh Allen we're going to be a running team? Really?

My best to Diggs. Yeah, that was a bad drop, but after how long using him on bubble screens bubble screens.
.really ?

I think this was stupid....imho...

Typ0
04-03-2024, 06:52 PM
People are asking too much to turn this train wreck around. I don't care how many players and/or coaches we can poach from an organization that can't put a winning season together the "we've got Josh Allen we will be OK" is a blind attitude.

We will be lucky if Allen is physically, emotionally and intellectually healthy at the end of next season.

It looks like we have bought into preserving the status quo over winning.

TacklingDummy
04-03-2024, 07:07 PM
Out with the old, in with the new. The KC playbook because we both have the QB.

sahlensguy
04-03-2024, 07:33 PM
I am not. Addition by subtraction.

If he was a douche in the locker room then we got a good deal.

We have enough skilled players now I am sure we will get 1-2 more.

A lot of addition by subtractions so far this offseason, supposedly.

sahlensguy
04-03-2024, 07:39 PM
Yeah, maybe I'm missing some things.

Diggs as a Bill was a 19 mil cap hit. Not a Bill is a 31 mil cap hit. That's not 4 mil, it's 12.

Diggs was a team captain. Locker room cancer with culture motivational guy McDermott placid? No.

Only other player with as much fire to win is Allen. Diggs' production declined because they stopped throwing to him noim for the second year in a row. S'ok... they'll be a running team...with qb Josh Allen... seriously?

Rumors also say Beane was keeping him until Texans dangled a 2nd...and reference Keenan Allen.

We needed to complement a wr catching 100 plus balls a year to needing to replace him...and find another to complement that production. We're going to run! With qb Josh Allen we're going to be a running team? Really?

My best to Diggs. Yeah, that was a bad drop, but after how long using him on bubble screens bubble screens.
.really ?

I think this was stupid....imho...

Josh never could be the man to Diggs but it's Allen's team now. We'll see what's he's got.

Woodman
04-03-2024, 07:40 PM
The 2nd we got was much better than getting the Texans 2nd pick IMO.

We get the Vikings 2nd which will probably be 38-42 overall IMO.

The Texans 2nd rounder will be closer to pick 60 IMO.

20 or more picks sooner damn near a 1st.

Vikings have no QB .... here's hoping they go 0-17 :D

The Texans well they have Stroud ..... definite contenders.

ghz in pittsburgh
04-03-2024, 08:11 PM
Diggs is not a #1 receiver. The trade said as much. And that includes the Bills.

OpIv37
04-03-2024, 08:13 PM
Lamar Jackson disagrees with that statement

Allen couldn’t get past the Chiefs with Diggs. He’s not gonna do it without any players anywhere near Diggs’ skill level.

sahlensguy
04-03-2024, 08:13 PM
Diggs is not a #1 receiver. The trade said as much. And that includes the Bills.

Same reasoning one poster used to elevate the value that Edmunds had in the league.

sahlensguy
04-03-2024, 08:15 PM
Allen couldn’t get past the Chiefs with Diggs. He’s not gonna do it without any players anywhere near Diggs’ skill level.

Hey, he won't ignore Diggs anymore when he is wide f'n open tand instead make the wrong read in crunch time against the Chiefs ever again. So there's that ..

Woodman
04-03-2024, 08:23 PM

He hasn't been for awhile.

He disappeared when it mattered most.

kscdogbillsfan1221
04-03-2024, 08:24 PM
i was responding to your claim that Josh was the only non bust QB in his first round draft class.

sukie
04-03-2024, 08:28 PM
Don’t need a star WR to win a SB ~ Cowherd

Woodman
04-03-2024, 08:28 PM
His skill level is in decline ..... he's been a no show when it matters most for too long.
With Diggs declining skillset we will be much better off going in a new direction.

Woodman
04-03-2024, 08:31 PM
Don’t need a star WR to win a SB ~ Cowherd
Chiefs are proof ..... just a big TE ..... the rest a mix of garbage really.

sahlensguy
04-03-2024, 08:36 PM
Don't worry Opie, just another offseason the Bills are winning.

justasportsfan
04-03-2024, 08:42 PM

Diggs wasn't visible vs. Chiefs. So we're damned if we do ,damned if we don't. No matter what we do ,you'll always find something to whine about.

sahlensguy
04-03-2024, 08:48 PM
Diggs wasn't visible vs. Chiefs. So we're damned if we do ,damned if we don't. No matter what we do ,you'll always find something to whine about.

Haha. He was wide open.

justasportsfan
04-03-2024, 08:58 PM
Haha. He was wide open.

There were times he was but when we threw to him ,he dropped the ball. He didn't step up vs chiefs. Point is, he hasn't been a difference maker when we play the Chiefs. Time to change things up. This is Bradys offense now. Forcing the ball to Diggs is not working anymore.

Woodman
04-03-2024, 08:59 PM
There times he was but when we threw to him ,he dropped the ball. Point is, he hasn't been a difference make when we play the Chiefs. Time to change things up. This is Bradys offense now. Forcing the ball to Diggs iz not working anymore.

Another bingo!

Dr. Lecter
04-03-2024, 09:01 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Stefon Diggs bids farewell to Buffalo on IG: <a href="https://t.co/lSVj7lvnAP">pic.twitter.com/lSVj7lvnAP</a></p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1775700948343459918?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 4, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

TacklingDummy
04-03-2024, 09:03 PM

Diggs was like Floyd. Disappeared halfway through the season.

TacklingDummy
04-03-2024, 09:05 PM
Haha. He was wide open.

Didn't he fumble like on the 1st play the Bills got away with? Then the massive drop. Good riddance.

justasportsfan
04-03-2024, 09:05 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Stefon Diggs bids farewell to Buffalo on IG: <a href="https://t.co/lSVj7lvnAP">pic.twitter.com/lSVj7lvnAP</a></p>— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1775700948343459918?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 4, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

When everything is said and done, Diggs will be considered bills great who will lead the team onto the field.

Too bad it will be the bills defending sb champion he wasn't a part of. :snicker:

sahlensguy
04-03-2024, 09:06 PM
There were times he was but when we threw to him ,he dropped the ball. He didn't step up vs chiefs. Point is, he hasn't been a difference maker when we play the Chiefs. Time to change things up. This is Bradys offense now. Forcing the ball to Diggs is not working anymore.

He wasn't dropping the pass after the two minute warning. Wide open. All Alan had to do was throw to him. Emotions got in the way.

justasportsfan
04-03-2024, 09:08 PM
Diggs was like Floyd. Disappeared halfway through the season.

He didn't thrive in Bradys system. IMO it's hard for defenses to pick their poison when Diggs commands the ball be thrown to him all the time and teams know it.

ghz in pittsburgh
04-03-2024, 09:25 PM
Overall, this is the beginning of version #2 under McDermott/Beane. Version #1 core guys are gone, all gone. Version #1 cannot get to the superbowl. And as they age, the chance is diminishing to say the least. So when someone offers a second round pick for Diggs? The decision is fairly quick.

Von Miller was hampered by an unfortunately injury. So he has another chance to show in 2024 to see if he can usher version #2 to crack the barrier version #1 could not. He's still likely to be gone after 2024 and we have a 100% new core. Maybe Von can be the new Kyle Williams for McDerrmott.

The draft will be very very important. They don't have to get the Chiefs of 2022 result, but the expectation is that the 2024 draft class will give the Bills a solid foundational players, then 2025 season is where they can some impact FA to take another realistic charge to the barrier, and maybe in top form going into the new stadium.

Clumpy
04-03-2024, 09:28 PM
Overall, this is the beginning of version #2 under McDermott/Beane. Version #1 core guys are gone, all gone. Version #1 cannot get to the superbowl. And as they age, the chance is diminishing to say the least. So when someone offers a second round pick for Diggs? The decision is fairly quick.

Von Miller was hampered by an unfortunately injury. So he has another chance to show in 2024 to see if he can usher version #2 to crack the barrier version #1 could not. He's still likely to be gone after 2024 and we have a 100% new core. Maybe Von can be the new Kyle Williams for McDerrmott.

The draft will be very very important. They don't have to get the Chiefs of 2022 result, but the expectation is that the 2024 draft class will give the Bills a solid foundational players, then 2025 season is where they can some impact FA to take another realistic charge to the barrier, and maybe in top form going into the new stadium.

:10:

kgun12
04-03-2024, 11:23 PM
He wasn't dropping the pass after the two minute warning. Wide open. All Alan had to do was throw to him. Emotions got in the way.

How can you make these statements, where's your proof? Yes he was open, but players are open all the time and not thrown the ball on every team.

Skooby
04-03-2024, 11:47 PM
Josh green lighting this tells you everything about it, he was spoken too before it came to pass.

cas22
04-04-2024, 01:08 AM
bottom line for what ever reason the Bills wanted Diggs gone, it wasn't a cap issue thats a given, he clearly tweeted his last me guy tweet.

OpIv37
04-04-2024, 01:35 AM

Please.

Everyone is talking about what’s wrong with the players we lost. And, to be fair, there were drawbacks to all of them at this stage of their careers.

The part people want to ignore- or blame me for whining- is that we currently don’t have anyone equal or better to replace them. Most of the best FA’s have signed, and we have no cap space anyway, so we can’t replace guys that way. Yes, there’s the draft, but everyone else gets to add talent through the draft too.

It’s simple math. We’re not going to beat the teams that are already better than us by losing talent.

DraftBoy
04-04-2024, 06:28 AM
Hence, the speculation.

Atlanta may be a good opportunity to move up as well.

Wouldn’t count on Atlanta looking to move too far. They need an Edge badly and there in perfect position get their top rated guy.

sukie
04-04-2024, 07:06 AM
Please.

Everyone is talking about what’s wrong with the players we lost. And, to be fair, there were drawbacks to all of them at this stage of their careers.

The part people want to ignore- or blame me for whining- is that we currently don’t have anyone equal or better to replace them. Most of the best FA’s have signed, and we have no cap space anyway, so we can’t replace guys that way. Yes, there’s the draft, but everyone else gets to add talent through the draft too.

It’s simple math. We’re not going to beat the teams that are already better than us by losing talent.
Diggs 5 games down stretch… 24/284. Crazy drop.
Poyer Hyde were not the same 2 as in 2021
Gabe is a dime two dozen
Morse. No one loses with the diagnosis being center.

now to say the talent we lost… I agree the talent displayed in 2021-22 yes we lost.

take the names off the jerseys and just look at the body of work since then.

Bills will be fine. They won without Diggs Poyer and Hyde

Tre was easily replaced. He hasn’t played in 2 seasons.

we got a second for Diggs. That wasn’t happening next off season.
Poyer and Hyde are twilight players

Diggs will be most missed. Loved seeing him. But they won without him.

and before it’s said. Maybe a different WR duo is what takes the next step.

acehole
04-04-2024, 07:08 AM
Bottom line is we ripped the bandaid off and all the kids are crying.

This is addition by subtraction.

You are not fully aware of the entire plan...or what animosity he may have cuased.

My feeling is they have a plan in the draft or FA to minimize his departure. Beene did not seem nervous at the presser.

We have 7 other targets 7 on this offence.

Bradys offense spreads the ball around...it is possible Diggs did not want to be "a" guy he wanted to be "the" guy.

We had a lot go on this year. Most of the bad or dead or overpaid or older players are gone.
We have room to sign some younger players and some of our developmental players next year.
Diggs and Von could not be cut in same year.

Von bought time.

Diggs did not.

If we get a top notch center and one yes just one more WR in the draft we have the same offense personell.

If Curtis Samuel stays heathy he is close to the player he could be we will be fine.

I am actually more concerned about defense and its depth.

We need some new dogs who will make us forget the departures.

Defense is easier to find and develop and play as they rotate.

I don't think we are done with personnel.

So many WR situations have not shaken out and there are cuts.

I love the off season more then the season sometimes.

More to look forward to.

Forward_Lateral
04-04-2024, 07:22 AM
I love how most of the idiots crying about Diggs being traded are the same ones that complain when the Bills don't win a superbowl.

They couldn't win with these guys, and now you are *****ing because they are going another route? Isn't this what you wanted?

Shut up already

sukie
04-04-2024, 07:55 AM
I will miss 14. Diggs rid the team of WR 14 stench (Watkins) Diggs was great. He is now really good.

It’s an end to a chapter.

(disclaimer: I own a Diggs Jersey)

justasportsfan
04-04-2024, 08:28 AM

Yes. That's on Allen. But we are talking about Diggs. He gave us a reason to whine about him.
Allen will find another Diggs. We'll see if Stroud will be what Allen was to Diggs

OpIv37
04-04-2024, 08:30 AM
Diggs 5 games down stretch… 24/284. Crazy drop.
Poyer Hyde were not the same 2 as in 2021
Gabe is a dime two dozen
Morse. No one loses with the diagnosis being center.

now to say the talent we lost… I agree the talent displayed in 2021-22 yes we lost.

take the names off the jerseys and just look at the body of work since then.

Bills will be fine. They won without Diggs Poyer and Hyde

Tre was easily replaced. He hasn’t played in 2 seasons.

we got a second for Diggs. That wasn’t happening next off season.
Poyer and Hyde are twilight players

Diggs will be most missed. Loved seeing him. But they won without him.

and before it’s said. Maybe a different WR duo is what takes the next step.

The team is still at a net talent loss from where we were at the end of the season. We don’t have anyone who can replace even the reduced production of the aging players.

Diggs didn’t produce down the stretch? Ok. Replace him with someone who can. It’s too late for that now.

justasportsfan
04-04-2024, 08:34 AM
Please.

Uh I didn't talk about you talking about the replacement part because I agree with you 100% that we are weaker at the moment without Diggs . I am simply stating that it's not as if Diggs was a huge factor when we play the Chiefs since you mentioned them specifically.

TacklingDummy
04-04-2024, 08:36 AM
Getting a 2nd for Diggs is an absolute steal.

So Bills basically got Diggs for 4 years for 21st pick and will get back anywhere from 33-40th pick.

Great job BBB.

Woodman
04-04-2024, 08:43 AM

So Bills basically got Diggs for 4 years for 21st pick and will get back anywhere from 33-40th pick.

Great job BBB.
That two will be very close to a 1. :cheers: :cheers:

Woodman
04-04-2024, 08:51 AM
Brandon Beane- I alerted Josh Allen that a Stefon Diggs trade wasn't off the table - NBC Sports (https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/brandon-beane-i-alerted-josh-allen-that-a-stefon-diggs-trade-wasnt-off-the-table)

While Beane said during his Wednesday press conference that he hadn’t spoken to Allen since the trade was finalized, the G.M. had given his quarterback a heads up that Diggs could get moved.

“I did alert [Allen] that there had been some inquiries and it wasn’t 100 percent off the table (https://www.buffalobills.com/news/timing-made-sense-bills-gm-brandon-beane-details-decision-to-trade-wr-stefon-diggs),” Beane said, via the team’s website. “Josh and I have a pretty regular conversation on things and I think it’s important for me to make sure if I think something could happen to make sure he’s not blindsided,”

Beane added that he plans to touch base with Allen soon.

OpIv37
04-04-2024, 08:53 AM

Great job BBB.

Except for the not winning a championship part. And the $30 mil in dead cap in a year where we have no cap. That was ****ing brilliant!

OpIv37
04-04-2024, 08:55 AM
Uh I didn't talk about you talking about the replacement part because I agree with you 100% that we are weaker at the moment without Diggs . I am simply stating that it's not as if Diggs was a huge factor when we play the Chiefs since you mentioned them specifically.

But if Diggs wasn’t a factor against the chiefs, who do we have- or who can we get- that can be a factor? The answer, at least for 2024, is no one.

justasportsfan
04-04-2024, 09:00 AM
But if Diggs wasn’t a factor against the chiefs, who do we have- or who can we get- that can be a factor? The answer, at least for 2024, is no one.

That's what they are trying to do. I remember that you keep stating that doing what doesnt work over and over and expecting a different result is flawed. Time to try something else when it comes to playing the Chiefs. Between Allen and Diggs, I would rather the latter be the change.

TacklingDummy
04-04-2024, 09:00 AM
Getting rid of Diggs could be extra motivation for Allen.

"You sure", **** yes.

TacklingDummy
04-04-2024, 09:04 AM
That's what they are trying to do. I remember that you keep stating that doing what doesnt work over and over and expecting a different result is flawed. Time to try something else when it comes to playing the Chiefs. Between Allen and Diggs, I would rather the latter be the change.

Going to be real hard to replace 3 catches, 21 yards, 0 TD, massive drop, and should have been fumble. Not sure what pro can replace that.

ghz in pittsburgh
04-04-2024, 09:22 AM
Sometimes you have to take a step back before finding a path to pass where you are. That's where we are.

I just watched the Shout! podcast where they had John Butler on. Butler pretty much said what everyone knows (including those at OBD) what the Bills need to break thru: beating the Chiefs in the playoff. We have the guy at the helm (Josh) who is as good as any swinging the picks, hammers, what have you, on that barrier. But we realized the picks and hammers are not good enough and they get dull after a few years. Time to ditch the old and try some new. We are right in between the and in the previous sentence. Of course we are not as good at the moment, and we probably won't know if the new ones are better until later. But we DO know that the old picks and hammers are NOT going to work.

Woodman
04-04-2024, 09:27 AM
Getting rid of Diggs could be extra motivation for Allen.

"You sure", **** yes.
That's exactly what's gonna happen.

Training wheels are off!

Full speed ahead baby!!!

Chet
04-04-2024, 09:27 AM
The something that needed to change was Marty McDermott. This team is scared of big moments, and that’s a direct reflection on the ginger plank of wood calling the shots.

Any moves we make are moot while he’s still the HC. We can only hope that Beane is stockpiling for 2025. No aggressive draft or FA moves in 2024 please. This season needs a healthy dose of mag citrate so we’re good for the 2nd half of Allen’s career 2025-onward.

Turf
04-04-2024, 09:32 AM
So basically rather than keeping Diggs for this year (which I would have) because we already own his cap penalty this year, they decided to take the last cap hit this year and free up next years cap penalty (19mil or whatever it is). I think the drop off in talent is going to be too precipitous unless there's a big splash coming.

OpIv37
04-04-2024, 09:33 AM

This is drought era thinking.

Yes, doing the same thing over and over and expecting the same result is insane. What’s more insane is getting worse and expecting an equal or better result.

During the drought, the team was actually good at one thing: getting rid of players who weren’t working. There were a lot of FA’s during the drought who got overpaid by other teams and the Bills were smart to let them walk. The failure came when they failed to replace them with anyone equal or better.

If we learned one thing during the drought, it should be that “different” doesn’t necessarily mean “better.” Moving on from a guy and just promoting the next man on the bench doesn’t work.

justasportsfan
04-04-2024, 10:20 AM

Yes, doing the same thing over and over and expecting the same result is insane. What’s more insane is getting worse and expecting an equal or better result.

During the drought, the team was actually good at one thing: getting rid of players who weren’t working. There were a lot of FA’s during the drought who got overpaid by other teams and the Bills were smart to let them walk. The failure came when they failed to replace them with anyone equal or better.

If we learned one thing during the drought, it should be that “different” doesn’t necessarily mean “better.” Moving on from a guy and just promoting the next man on the bench doesn’t work.

Why are you brining up the drought when I specifically quoted your post pertaining to us playing the chiefs in the playoffs which you have often whined about . We couldnt beat them with the Allen/Diigs tandem, time to try something else. If anything its a mini drought against them in the playoffs if you want to talk about a drought.

OK since you used the dought as an example, Bean/McD has been successful at replacing players from the drought . He got rid of Darby, Dareus, Hughes , Aaron Williams and replaced them wiht guys like White, Hyde, Poyer,etc.

Is he perfect? NO . He made mistakes with guys like Benjamin but wasnt afraid to get rid of them . He also got rid of a coach he himself brought in like Rick Dennison and replaced him with Daboll which was the right move. If you are going to criticize this staff, dont use the drought. They werent part of it. They as a matter of FACT ended it.

My point in all of this is that for all the whining you did (rightfully so) about not beating the chiefs in the playoffs, you're whining about them trying to do something about it. Not sure if they will get it right but they have earned the benefit of a doubt.

Forward_Lateral
04-04-2024, 10:27 AM

You absolute insufferable moron.

They are CHANGING.

They couldn't get past KC with the roster they had, so they are CHANGING it.

What do you want them to do?

You complain when they don't do anything.

You complain when they do do something.

You complain when they lose.

You complain when they win.

Shut the hell up.

T&C
04-04-2024, 10:28 AM
Why are you brining up the drought when I specifically quoted your post pertaining to us playing the chiefs in the playoffs which you have often whined about . We couldnt beat them with the Allen/Diigs tandem, time to try something else. If anything its a mini drought against them in the playoffs if you want to talk about a drought.

OK since you used the dought as an example, Bean/McD has been successful at replacing players from the drought . He got rid of Darby, Dareus, Hughes , Aaron Williams and replaced them wiht guys like White, Hyde, Poyer,etc.

Is he perfect? NO . He made mistakes with guys like Benjamin but wasnt afraid to get rid of them . He also got rid of a coach he himself brought in like Rick Dennison and replaced him with Daboll which was the right move. If you are going to criticize this staff, dont use the drought. They werent part of it. They as a matter of FACT ended it.

My point in all of this is that for all the whining you did (rightfully so) about not beating the chiefs in the playoffs, you're whining about them trying to do something about it. Not sure if they will get it right but they have earned the benefit of a doubt.

Beane/McD didn't end the drought, Andy Dalton did.

Forward_Lateral
04-04-2024, 10:30 AM
Beane/McD didn't end the drought, Andy Dalton did.
Don't be an ass

T&C
04-04-2024, 10:34 AM
Don't be an ass

Lol... am I wrong? We weren't going to the playoffs without that play, Beane/McD get no credit for that whatsoever.

Forward_Lateral
04-04-2024, 10:35 AM
Lol... am I wrong? We weren't going to the playoffs without that play, Beane/McD get no credit for that whatsoever.

They would've broken the drought anyways.

Typ0
04-04-2024, 10:56 AM

I would go even further ... it clearly has become their MO to position themselves to play for the lucky bounce. McDermott doesn't command a winning attitude he commands a hope we get a lucky bounce attitude.

Typ0
04-04-2024, 10:57 AM
They would've broken the drought anyways.

If they didn't get a lucky bounce when Uber Allen showed up would they have?

Consider the answer. One big swing worked out. Where would we be if the Jets picked Josh Allen and we picked Sam Darnold?

justasportsfan
04-04-2024, 11:17 AM

Bills needed help but they did their part. Either ways, they became a consistent playoffs team since then. So yes, this regime ended the drought.

justasportsfan
04-04-2024, 11:19 AM
If they didn't get a lucky bounce when Uber Allen showed up would they have?

Consider the answer. One big swing worked out. Where would we be if the Jets picked Josh Allen and we picked Sam Darnold?

even if they missed that playoff, they still would've ended it the next year. What are we trying to argue about. We got lucky that year? So what?

Woodman
04-04-2024, 11:21 AM
Don't be an ass

Oh go ahead :roflmao:

However, after a lengthy discussion, the officials declared it was not a fumble but an incomplete pass because of something obscure known as “The Tuck Rule,” even though Brady had no intention of throwing the ball when Woodson hit him.

Novacane
04-04-2024, 12:08 PM
I don't think we're even going to see a difference. He was invisible for half the season. It wasn't because he was drawing all the coverage. Someone who cares will get his snaps now. It could be an improvement. Maybe even a big improvement.Who here predicted Bernard would be such an impactful player?

justasportsfan
04-04-2024, 12:13 PM
I don't think we're even going to see a difference. He was invisible for half the season. It wasn't because he was drawing all the coverage. Someone who cares will get his snaps now. It could be an improvement. Maybe even a big improvement.Who here predicted Bernard would be such an impactful player?

he wanted out, Bills needed a player that fits Brady's system. They parted ways.