PDA

View Full Version : Bills sign OT La'el Collins

Ed
04-04-2024, 04:57 PM
1 year deal for the 30 year old veteran OT. Not sure yet on the money.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39875430/bills-sign-veteran-ot-lael-collins-one-year-deal

kgun12
04-04-2024, 05:11 PM
I just read he will compete for the starting LG position.

YardRat
04-04-2024, 05:18 PM
Lol.

"Now that we got our **** together with the offensive line, what's the off-season plan Brandon?"

"Well, first we cut our starting center. Then we move our left guard to the middle to replace him. Then we sign a free agent tackle to play left guard. Boom!"

Smack my ****ing head.

Forward_Lateral
04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Great signing. Low risk.

TacklingDummy
04-04-2024, 05:36 PM
Solid player when not hurt.

Good signing for having no cap space.

Not sure Beane could have done any better so far this off-season.

gr8slayer
04-04-2024, 06:23 PM
Can play multiple positions.

DetoxTent
04-04-2024, 06:33 PM
Lol.

"Now that we got our **** together with the offensive line, what's the off-season plan Brandon?"

"Well, first we cut our starting center. Then we move our left guard to the middle to replace him. Then we sign a free agent tackle to play left guard. Boom!"

Smack my ****ing head.

:lol::lol:

Mahdi
04-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Lol.

Smack my ****ing head.

Collins played a lot of G for Dallas.

coastal
04-04-2024, 07:50 PM
Can play multiple positions.

Gr8!!!

hope you are well and happy!

Woodman
04-04-2024, 08:00 PM
Solid player when not hurt.

Good signing for having no cap space.

Not sure Beane could have done any better so far this off-season.
Well done well done!

Forward_Lateral
04-05-2024, 09:55 AM
Lol.

Smack my ****ing head.
You might need a break.

Complaining about this signing is beyond OPI level of complaining.

Cmon Yardy, I thought you were kinda smart

DraftBoy
04-05-2024, 10:05 AM
No issue with this signing. I think he could take the LG spot or even push Brown at RT.

Chet
04-05-2024, 11:29 AM
I’d be all for this if not for the fact he will give Star Lotuleilei effort. You can see that coming a mile away

Bill Cody
04-05-2024, 01:09 PM
Lol.

Smack my ****ing head.

Yardrat: "GET OFF MY LAWN"

- - - Updated - - -

I’d be all for this if not for the fact he will give Star Lotuleilei effort. You can see that coming a mile away

Another whiny little B post

Forward_Lateral
04-05-2024, 01:09 PM
Not sure how on earth you came to this conclusion.

Stick to what you do best, sniffing paint

Chet
04-05-2024, 01:24 PM

At least I get a better buzz from the paint than you do from drinking the Kool-Aid every year. You and that townie above never learn. Drink up, I’m sure this year will be different, little slugger

Mad Max
04-05-2024, 01:24 PM

Chetster might still be in Kazakhstan enjoying some of their more nefarious offerings?

Chet
04-05-2024, 01:26 PM

Btw, cute comment in the reputation.

You’re definitely a successful and well-adjusted adult and don’t let anyone tell you different.

Chet
04-05-2024, 01:36 PM
Chetster might still be in Kazakhstan enjoying some of their more nefarious offerings?
Where’d you get Kazakhstan from?

Forward_Lateral
04-05-2024, 01:43 PM
At least I get a better buzz from the paint than you do from drinking the Kool-Aid every year. You and that townie above never learn. Drink up, I’m sure this year will be different, little slugger

Your posts are the equivalent of being circumcized by Michael J Fox

Mad Max
04-05-2024, 01:50 PM
Where’d you get Kazakhstan from?

Haha sorry bro I misremembered your offshore location. Maybe a quick glance at your avatar did it.

I hope you’re safe where you are in Ukraine.

imbondz
04-05-2024, 01:58 PM
Let’s just sign low risk old guys. Sounds like a solid Super Bowl plan.

Chet
04-05-2024, 03:17 PM
Your posts are the equivalent of being circumcized by Michael J Fox
Oh look, a Family Guy manatee joke. I bet you thought that was a real zinger too.

If I were notacon, I’d go into a disingenuous tirade about your insensitivity towards people with Parkinson’s, or Jews…

In the interest of board solidarity I’ll drink from the same urine-soaked trough as you: “Great pick up, guys. An itinerant, injury-riddled vet on the back nine of his career choosing to collect an easy paycheck in an NFL wasteland. We’re going places now. Blue skies ahead.”

cas22
04-05-2024, 03:46 PM
Collins played like crap in Cincy then got hurt, that was in 2022, Dallas released him twice now for a reason, Collins also sat out all of 2023 and tried out for numerous clubs including us and we didn't sign him then what makes ya'll think he all of a sudden is back to what he was 7 years ago? no I hope he was brought in to compete he probably gets cut during camp if he makes it that far.

justasportsfan
04-05-2024, 04:03 PM
I dont see the problem with signing a guy with experience for camp . We didnt sign him to a multi year huge contract. Might be just another camp body.

Typ0
04-05-2024, 04:04 PM
You guys arguing about this guy are gonna need to look back when he gets cut cause he's not going to make the squad. This is likely his last stop and attempt to play in the NFL. I hope it works out but the odds are very much against this player helping us much. Sorry.

imbondz
04-05-2024, 04:08 PM
We signed a possible backup with an injury riddled career who hasn’t played since week 16 of the 2022 season, who tried out for us in December but didn’t make it. Exciting. I’m sure it’ll work out.

Bill Cody
04-05-2024, 04:25 PM
Oh nos he might get cut, oh nos he's not Larry Allen at NFL min
step outside boys and take a breath of fresh air. Yikes

justasportsfan
04-05-2024, 04:56 PM
We signed a possible backup with an injury riddled career who hasn’t played since week 16 of the 2022 season, who tried out for us in December but didn’t make it. Exciting. I’m sure it’ll work out.

We didn't need depth then like we do now. If we signed him to be our starter I'd have a problem.

Mad Max
04-05-2024, 05:56 PM
Looks like his contract is (up to) $6.25m

I’m sure it’s heavily incentivized.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2024/04/04/lael-collins-news-buffalo-bills-sign-former-cincinnati-bengals-dallas-cowboys-offensive-tackle/73208753007/#

Woodman
04-05-2024, 08:55 PM
He never delivered as advertised.

Woodman
04-05-2024, 08:57 PM
Looks like his contract is (up to) $6.25m

I’m sure it’s heavily incentivized.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2024/04/04/lael-collins-news-buffalo-bills-sign-former-cincinnati-bengals-dallas-cowboys-offensive-tackle/73208753007/#

It ****ing better be. :cheers:

Woodman
04-05-2024, 08:59 PM
We didn't need depth then like we do now. If we signed him to be our starter I'd have a problem.

Depth is fine. :cheers:

Let's all hope he has the best year of his career. :snicker: no seriously :trance:

TheConsigliere
04-06-2024, 04:45 AM
Is this the guy that was undrafted coming out of LSU due to some legal issues and our then Head Coach BIG MOUTH Rex Ryan went down to Louisiana to recruit him by taking him out to dinner at Baton Rouge?

LOL!!!

You can't make this crap up.

Of all the phenomenal restaurants in that state Rex "I never saw a burger I don't like" Ryan took him to the chain Baton Rouge.

Obviously, he was soooooooo impressed he signed with the Cowboys.

Who hired Rex Ryan again?

Yup...Terry Frackin' Pegula and his much younger "executive" wife Kim.

The problem was NOT that Buddy Ryan beat his son Rex.

The problem is that he did NOT beat him enough.

With respect to the player, I liked him coming out of college and thought he got a bum rap with the legal accusations.

I have not really followed his career since but he remains athletically talented and perhaps with some focus could indeed be a starter in Buffalo.

Mace
04-06-2024, 05:03 PM
This is as good as it gets. I prefer Collins as starting lg over Edwards.

That said...last time Collins played lg was 2017...that I can find. He's been suspended for missing drug tests and trying to bribe the test guy. He's had ankle, knee, neck stinger (car crash), back, hip, groin,MCL/ACL) injuries,lost game time for cramps and been ejected for fighting.

McGovern played 100 snaps at center as a pro in 3 years, listed as 6''5 he's really 6'6. And might be the largest center in NFL history I've read. This is their plan in front of the franchise jewel....and this is a clear pattern now in the history of McBeane. Allen will carry us, pork around with receivers and ol, he won't get hurt, he can run !

They're 3 years stale on most fa signings.....that guy was good once.

Maybe it works. Imho I see an unsuccessful pattern that's wasting Josh Allen. I won't blame this season on Allen, I don't see it going well...my focus is on McBeane and their "process".

Roll the bones.

kgun12
04-06-2024, 07:28 PM
If nothing else, he's a camp body. Who know maybe we get a good one in the draft!

TheConsigliere
04-06-2024, 11:14 PM
This is as good as it gets. I prefer Collins as starting lg over Edwards.

That said...last time Collins played lg was 2017...that I can find. He's been suspended for missing drug tests and trying to bribe the test guy. He's had ankle, knee, neck stinger (car crash), back, hip, groin,MCL/ACL) injuries,lost game time for cramps and been ejected for fighting.

McGovern played 100 snaps at center as a pro in 3 years, listed as 6''5 he's really 6'6. And might be the largest center in NFL history I've read. This is their plan in front of the franchise jewel....and this is a clear pattern now in the history of McBeane. Allen will carry us, pork around with receivers and ol, he won't get hurt, he can run !

They're 3 years stale on most fa signings.....that guy was good once.

Maybe it works. Imho I see an unsuccessful pattern that's wasting Josh Allen. I won't blame this season on Allen, I don't see it going well...my focus is on McBeane and their "process".

Roll the bones.

I sense you are little frustrated Mr. Mace.

DetoxTent
04-07-2024, 07:32 PM
Maybe he needs an ugly Jamaican women with a huge dirty ass also.