PDA

View Full Version : Pegula selling part of the team

kscdogbillsfan1221
04-19-2024, 02:33 PM
https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-bills-putting-25-percent-of-team-up-for-sale

Mad Max
04-19-2024, 02:51 PM
What’s more interesting to me is that the new stadium cost went up from 1.4 to 2 billion (before any potential/probable cost over runs) WITHOUT a freaking dome?!

YardRat
04-19-2024, 03:07 PM
Well, if the percentage gets to roughly 1/3 he probably will get back what he initially spent to buy it.

Woodman
04-19-2024, 03:14 PM
25%

Woodman
04-19-2024, 03:16 PM
Terry Pegula eventually could decide not to sell part of the Bills, but he is listening to offers to become a limited partner. The skyrocketing valuations of NFL teams and the estate taxes have made it difficult for sole ownership.

mightysimi
04-19-2024, 03:33 PM
Lets pool our money!! We got this. Minority owners Billszone alumni!

Historian
04-19-2024, 04:03 PM
Sell the Sabres first....

Woodman
04-19-2024, 04:46 PM
The Sabres will be 1st.

Forward_Lateral
04-19-2024, 04:53 PM
Any worry of someone buying the Sabres and moving them?

TheConsigliere
04-19-2024, 05:44 PM
Any worry of someone buying the Sabres and moving them?

Gary Betman who saved the Sabres when their Owner went BANKRUPT wants to buy the Sabres and move them to Arizona.

Goobylal
04-19-2024, 08:43 PM
What’s more interesting to me is that the new stadium cost went up from 1.4 to 2 billion (before any potential/probable cost over runs) WITHOUT a freaking dome?!

Can you imagine a downtown domed stadium? It would be $4B right now.

Historian
04-21-2024, 05:28 AM
Rumor around here is, (and take this with a huge grain of salt) that these teams were Kim's folly, and that Terry could care less about them.

Since her incapacitation, she has not been able to be involved in the day to day, so he's become even more disengaged.

Spiked....you may now commence with your Korean waitress snark.

daryls61
04-21-2024, 08:22 AM
Rumor around here is, (and take this with a huge grain of salt) that these teams were Kim's folly, and that Terry could care less about them.

Since her incapacitation, she has not been able to be involved in the day to day, so he's become even more disengaged.

This is true. I also heard the Knight Hawks are relocating?

sahlensguy
04-21-2024, 08:37 AM
We're lucky that mormons go to church on Sundays. Salt Lake would otherwise welcome the Bills with open arms.

Goobylal
04-21-2024, 10:02 AM

"Folly"? LOL! I'd love the "folly" of a $1.6B investment that turns into a $4.5B (and counting) cash cow. Especially with one team becoming a perennial title contender in the biggest sport in the country and several of the small league teams having won championships.

And while I believe that the Bills may have been Kim's doing, Terry was a huge hockey fan and lived in Buffalo. I do not for one second believe he wasn't the driving force behind buying the Sabres. But the grind of them not having made the playoffs under him is wearing on him.

Now with Kim basically out of the picture, I can see him wanting to downsize. I can believe that he would like to sell every team in its entirety except for the Bills so he can focus on that.

notacon
04-21-2024, 10:12 AM
Of course he is going to do this.

There is no doubt that NFL owners are a greedy bunch of rich ****s.

Goobylal
04-21-2024, 10:35 AM
Of course he is going to do this.

There is no doubt that NFL owners are a greedy bunch of rich ****s.

I’m worried that it’s less about greed and more that it’s a succession plan. If/when he sells it who knows what will happen to the team?

Klaista2k
04-22-2024, 02:03 AM

Holy crap it's a 2 billion now?

All this for a stadium that is pretty underwhelming TBH.