PDA

View Full Version : Jets agree to trade Zach Wilson to Broncos

Woodman
04-22-2024, 02:01 PM
Jets agree to trade Zach Wilson to Broncos - NBC Sports (https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/jets-agree-to-trade-zach-wilson-to-broncos)

Zach Wilson has found a new team.

The Broncos have agreed to acquire Wilson, the Jets’ No. 2 pick of the 2021 draft, according to a report from NFL Media.

Denver will send New York a sixth-round pick, No. 203, in exchange for Wilson and a seventh-round pick, No. 256. The Jets will also pay some of Wilson’s salary. He’s due to make $5.5 million in 2024.

Wilson, 24, was not attending (https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/zach-wilson-skips-offseason-workouts-as-he-should) the Jets’ offseason program after he was granted permission to seek a trade.

Mad Max
04-22-2024, 02:04 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">a rookie QB walking into the broncos QB room this year <a href="https://t.co/CHYnoVqZRb">pic.twitter.com/CHYnoVqZRb</a></p>&mdash; Annie Agar (@AnnieAgar) <a href="https://twitter.com/AnnieAgar/status/1782480027319156982?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 22, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mad Max
04-22-2024, 02:06 PM
But seriously, with that QB room they gotta be planning on tanking for Shedeur Sanders right?

Bill Cody
04-22-2024, 02:22 PM
But seriously, with that QB room they gotta be planning on tanking for Shedeur Sanders right?

They could still take a QB. Giving up a couple late picks for a flier on Wilson doesn't preclude that. They could even move UP for a QB.

Mad Max
04-22-2024, 02:28 PM
They could still take a QB. Giving up a couple late picks for a flier on Wilson doesn't preclude that. They could even move UP for a QB.
Sure they could, but then they would only have this motley crew to choose from to start this year. Seems fishy. We’ll see. I wouldn’t be mad at them either to be honest to drive the tank for a year.

Historian
04-22-2024, 04:43 PM
Picking up Jet trash?

How desperate is Payton???

YardRat
04-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Picking up Jet trash?

How desperate is Payton???

Maybe he's looking for a wingman to hook him up with some action his age.

sukie
04-22-2024, 07:31 PM
I want to know what did the Broncos ever did to the Jets and how many pics of that obviously horrid transgression are stashed away in Fireman Ed’s helmet?

sahlensguy
04-22-2024, 07:37 PM
Maybe he's looking for a wingman to hook him up with some action his age.

"Broncos' country, Let's Ride!"

Mad Max
04-22-2024, 07:41 PM
"Broncos country, Let's Ride!"

Rumor is there may or may not have been fresh Rocky Mountain Oysters involved.

DetoxTent
04-22-2024, 08:08 PM
Wow, what a bust. A 6th? Wow the Jets look bad.

Mad Max
04-22-2024, 09:37 PM
Wow, what a bust. A 6th? Wow the Jets look bad.

It would be more hilarious if we hadn’t spent first round picks on Rob Johnson, JP Losman, and EJ Manuel…

Woodman
04-23-2024, 06:17 AM
It would be more hilarious if we hadn’t spent first round picks on Rob Johnson, JP Losman, and EJ Manuel…

I know right.

What a ****ing disgrace.

cas22
04-23-2024, 07:56 AM

Peyton is a QB guru, whats to say he doesn't turn Wilson around? I think its a win win for the Bronco's, its not costing them much at all to see if a change in venue and ORG. might be the answer for the kid..

I think the Bronco's stay put and if the QB they covet is there when they pick they will draft him, if not they will be competitive with Stidham who played behind Brady his 1st few years in the league and now under Peyton isn't as bad as some think, this will be his 1st real starting gig.

Forward_Lateral
04-23-2024, 08:19 AM
The Jets are probably the absolute worst team for a QB to get drafted by.

sahlensguy
04-23-2024, 08:31 AM
Peyton is a QB guru, whats to say he doesn't turn Wilson around? I think its a win win for the Bronco's, its not costing them much at all to see if a change in venue and ORG. might be the answer for the kid..

I think the Bronco's stay put and if the QB they covet is there when they pick they will draft him, if not they will be competitive with Stidham who played behind Brady his 1st few years in the league and now under Peyton isn't as bad as some think, this will be his 1st real starting gig.

It's going to be way too much unnecessary drama. Broncos will yank Wilson by week 4 in favor of the QB that they draft on Thursday.

Guaranteed s*** show.

Why sign up for that?

Woodman
04-23-2024, 12:11 PM
The Jets are probably the absolute worst team for a QB to get drafted by.
They do have a special knack.

Woodman
04-23-2024, 12:13 PM
Broncos will yank Wilson by week 4 in favor of the QB that they draft on Thursday.

My money is on Saturday. :D

sahlensguy
04-23-2024, 12:24 PM
My money is on Saturday. :D

This could actually happen. Just shows how truly aweful this trade is, especially if you're a Donkey's fan.

notacon
04-24-2024, 02:02 PM
Who cares??? Wilson is basically a third string QB.