PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Bills Embeded: Khalil Shakir, Terrel Bernard

ghz in pittsburgh
04-25-2024, 12:32 PM
Surprised of the difference of houses Bernard and Shakir, 3rd rounder vs 5th rounder. Many of us here on this board have a house better than Shakir's.

High praises from Eric Moulds, comparing Shakir to Marvin Harrison, not the one who is going to be drafted tonight. But the comment on Shakir's slot WR legs is very true - already we saw a number of times he went down to get a low ball from Josh and break tackles that you don't expect, like the Steelers game TD.

Bernard just came across having so much confidence than Shakir, like this is what I'm supposed to be, a leader. You get the sense that he is a natural to call plays vs Edmunds, who I always got a sense of somewhat forced. I won't be surprised he's voted into a captain in Sept.

Young players, prototypical McDermott process guys, not much life outside of football right now, still very hungry for that 2nd contract. But life changes. If both of them continue to progress in a couple of years and become NFL wide stars, limelight/celebrity status, may change things. Look at Josh, from a farmer's boy to not well known school QB to a project in NFL to where he is now. We'll see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRQyLN7IqtQ

Goobylal
04-25-2024, 02:07 PM
If they could draft another Moulds... :drool:

Mad Max
04-25-2024, 02:15 PM

They can. His name is Xavier Leggette. A FASTER Mouldsie!!!

Forward_Lateral
04-25-2024, 02:18 PM
Imagine if Moulds had a QB like Josh his entire career

Mad Max
04-25-2024, 02:23 PM
Imagine if Moulds had a QB like Josh his entire career

HOF

Goobylal
04-25-2024, 02:43 PM
They can. His name is Xavier Leggette. A FASTER Mouldsie!!!

I've been banging the drum on Legette but opinions on him run all over the place.

Mad Max
04-25-2024, 02:49 PM
I've been banging the drum on Legette but opinions on him run all over the place.
You know what they say about opinions.

The draft ultimately is a mix of college production preponderance /projection/measurement/interviews/luck/opinion.

In other words nobody fjghdwen knows. Do the aforementioned and then roll the dice.

Clumpy
04-25-2024, 03:20 PM

But not wait until year 3 for the breakout

Mad Max
04-25-2024, 05:25 PM
But not wait until year 3 for the breakout

Difference being whomever we draft will have Cyborg17 launching heat seekers at him as opposed to poor Mouldsie who had the ghost of Jim Kelly in his last year and Todd “I’m freaking starting in the NFL???!” Collins his first two years.

killabuf
04-25-2024, 05:37 PM
Legette looking at the roster we don’t have weapon like it. Makes sense although if this draft is a deep as they say and the need is there. Let’s get 2 like I said double dippy time is now on wrs. McConkey and legette and worthy etc get 2 if we can.

Goobylal
04-25-2024, 06:50 PM
Legette looking at the roster we don’t have weapon like it. Makes sense although if this draft is a deep as they say and the need is there. Let’s get 2 like I said double dippy time is now on wrs. McConkey and legette and worthy etc get 2 if we can.

No chance to get more than 1 of them.