PDA

View Full Version : props to the coaching staff

TypicalBill
09-07-2003, 05:01 PM
ive never seen better calls all game.... its obvious they put a lot of hard work into this and made all the new additions jell at an extraordinary pace..

my biggest gameball goes to the coaching staff.

Billz_fan
09-07-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by TypicalBill
ive never seen better calls all game.... its obvious they put a lot of hard work into this and made all the new additions jell at an extraordinary pace..

I agree to an extent. We still had to many penaltys today. It was over shadowed by the fact that we were dominating the Pats.

If we get into a game where we are not at home, not sky high on emotion, not playing a team we took the defensive captain from 2 days prior. Then I think we still have a penalty problem.

Penaltys are a coaching problem and I think the day was carried today by pure talent and emotion.

That being said, I do agree with todays game plan and play calling. they were well prepared :up:

TypicalBill
09-07-2003, 05:10 PM
I disagree.. i dont see how its the coaching problem, the team had penalty problems the whole offseason and we read articles on how coach williams was frustrated with all of them...he did coach them all the time to prevent those... if anything, the penalties are the last thing the coaching staff is responsible for. These are proffesional players who get paid.

Shiny Chicken
09-07-2003, 05:15 PM
I wanna know where our 12 men on the field penalty came from... they showed an overview of the players on the field for that play, and there were only 11

Billz_fan
09-07-2003, 05:29 PM
I disagree.. i dont see how its the coaching problem, the team had penalty problems the whole offseason and we read articles on how coach williams was frustrated with all of them...he did coach them all the time to prevent those... if anything, the penalties are the last thing the coaching staff is responsible for. These are proffesional players who get paid.

Penaltys are a discipline problem and a fundemental problem. How can you disagree ?

The coach is responsible for teaching fundementals and discipline.

venis2k1
09-07-2003, 05:33 PM
not all the calls were good, a delayed handoff on 3rd and 8, we got the first down, but still not a great call.

Billz_fan
09-07-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Shiny Chicken
I wanna know where our 12 men on the field penalty came from... they showed an overview of the players on the field for that play, and there were only 11

Yeah, we got hosed on that one :( That was pure BS.

Captain gameboy
09-07-2003, 05:38 PM

Absoltue..Positive...Caps only...
DITTO

Wraith
09-07-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by venis2k1
not all the calls were good, a delayed handoff on 3rd and 8, we got the first down, but still not a great call.

I don't see how you can fault that. It worked so it was obviously a good call. Everyone expects us to pass on third and long, because that's what we always do. A change of pace was the perfect call.

The Spaz
09-07-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by venis2k1

We used to do that with Thurman Thomas all of the time!

lordofgun
09-07-2003, 07:12 PM
I think the better players help the coaches look good. But they weren't outcoached today...

Demon
09-07-2003, 07:59 PM

Ok ok... we are getting a little carried away. The coaches did a good job, but best job ever??? Don't you think thats a little too much?

Some mistakes: Not going for a field goal at the end of the first half. I thought 24-0 lead would have been better then taking a risk to make it 28-0.

And on Patriots 3rd and goal, we had 12 men on the field. Kelsay i think ran off right before Brady called a time out which saved us. If he called hike they would get automatic first down, and 21-7 in mid-way thru the 3rd quarter is a lot different then stopping them on 4th down and the crowd going crazy.

But still, a good job done. But i wouldn't say best ever. Maybe it's the best ever in the Gregg Williams Era.