PDA

View Full Version : Fin Fans "quitting" because of today's loss!

SoCalBillsFan
09-07-2003, 05:39 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22273

I'm not one who visits finheaven often, but this thread is hilarious. Several of them have decided to "quit" being fin fans after the loss today! It's a pretty funny read...

clumping platelets
09-07-2003, 05:41 PM
:rofl:

ArcticWildMan
09-07-2003, 05:45 PM
LOL!!! Sucks to be a Fin fan :D

imbondz
09-07-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
LOL!!! Sucks to be a Fin fan :D

:snicker:

OpIv37
09-07-2003, 06:09 PM
So if the Bills lose 31-0 to Jacksonville next week, how many BFZ members will quit?

Billz_fan
09-07-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by OpIv37
So if the Bills lose 31-0 to Jacksonville next week, how many BFZ members will quit?

I have ben a Bills fan since the 70's. I will not quit. I tried it once and I could not do it.

Every team loses games, sometimes it's ugly.

You brush yourself off and play again next week :flex:

Anything less is unacceptable :up:

Today was great for the Bills. Next week is up in the air. You gotta earn every victory !!!!

TypicalBill
09-07-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by OpIv37

non... we went through a 3-13 season 2 years ago where we lost 26-0 on national TV ... NON have quit... what kind of a fan quits on his team just because they lost the opener.. thats not a fan.

OpIv37
09-07-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by TypicalBill

non... we went through a 3-13 season 2 years ago where we lost 26-0 on national TV ... NON have quit... what kind of a fan quits on his team just because they lost the opener.. thats not a fan.

Yeah I have to agree with you on this- there are only two reasons to quit rooting for your team:

1. they sell out their fans and move cities
2. they hire Jimmy Johnson as head coach.

Ð
09-07-2003, 06:28 PM
Did you see all the empty seats in Miami ?

TigerJ
09-07-2003, 06:34 PM
Isaw one thread earlier today over at finheaven entitled "Everyone in the NFL is laughing at us right now."

I couldn't resist. I had to respond. My response? "Well said"

It's so nice when they set you up like that.

PhinPhreak
09-07-2003, 06:39 PM
Damn man you had people quitting every other week during the Johnson/Flutie fiasco.

SABURZFAN
09-07-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by SoCalBillsFan
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22273

I'm not one who visits finheaven often, but this thread is hilarious. Several of them have decided to "quit" being fin fans after the loss today! It's a pretty funny read...

i wish i could read it.i guess that i'm banned from finheaven so i'm prohibited from reading it.since i read the title of this thread,i had to check the calendar to see if it read December.they getting an early start throwing in the towel,aren't they?

Shiny Chicken
09-07-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by PhinPhreak
Damn man you had people quitting every other week during the Johnson/Flutie fiasco.

Not quite. There were a few Flutie flakes that deserted when Flutie left. But they were never respected as true fans in the first place.

Ebenezer
09-07-2003, 07:15 PM
I keep telling everybody...my grandparents lived in Ft. Lauderdale for 35 years...the people down there are not rabid fans like we are...

PhinPhreak
09-07-2003, 07:31 PM
Point being, all teams have the over dramatic fans, but it's just a matter of dissapointment talking. You know as well as I do they will be there next week come kick off time, and the ones that aren't weren't really fans to begin with.

I for one am very disgusted with the Fins right now, but I will be there always. On the other hand your team looked very impressive today and if the Fins don't get their ***** together quick they could be in for a long night on Sept 21st

Demon
09-07-2003, 07:54 PM
Man, if they're quitting now after a 1 point loss, i wonder how many of them will be quitting after we spank them on National TV? lol

PhinPhreak
09-07-2003, 09:33 PM
It's not a one point loss it's a one point loss after 8 months of dealing with the bitter taste of last seasons collapse still in our mouths. They have had 8 months to prepare for this game and with the Fin slogan for this year "Back with a Vengeance" this loss was inexcusable. Now we will see how they regroup. Maybe it will be a wake up call. Who knows.

Michael82
09-07-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by TigerJ
Isaw one thread earlier today over at finheaven entitled "Everyone in the NFL is laughing at us right now."

The correct response is.... EVERYONE is laughing their asses off at the Patriots right NOW!!! :snicker: :evil:

bernielivsey_1
09-07-2003, 11:09 PM
I've been through 4 SB losses it cant get any worse.

MDFINFAN
09-07-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Demon
Man, if they're quitting now after a 1 point loss, i wonder how many of them will be quitting after we spank them on National TV? lol

I think this is when we wake up....We play very well when it's a nationally televised game, we need this game to come up fast...Thank God it's you, someone we know..:supper:

Demon
09-07-2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN

I think this is when we wake up....We play very well when it's a nationally televised game, we need this game to come up fast...Thank God it's you, someone we know..:supper:

Don't worry man, you'll "wake up" next week vs the Jets. But then get whooped by us. Then more people will "quit". haha

lordofgun
09-07-2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN

You don't know us...not anymore.

The_Philster
09-07-2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Demon
Don't worry man, you'll "wake up" next week vs the Jets. But then get whooped by us. Then more people will "quit". haha

They'll wake up to get whopped by the Jets before we whoop them. They could start off 0-3 :D

lordofgun
09-07-2003, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
seriously.. how funny would it be if they started out 0-3..

i honestly think the suicide rate in FL would go up x10

Nah, they don't really care about football that much.

Tatonka
09-07-2003, 11:54 PM
they do when the team is winning

:D

lordofgun
09-07-2003, 11:59 PM
nope, they don't even sell out playoff games. :shakeno:

SABURZFAN
09-08-2003, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun
nope, they don't even sell out playoff games. :shakeno:

:chuckle:

you just opened up a can of new excuses for them.:rolleyes:

StanMarino13
09-08-2003, 07:15 AM
Screw all this quitting talk we lost one game so far. I think the fins will definately be 2-1 after the third game. If the team doesnt wake up after that "display" then i would be shocked.

Ebenezer
09-08-2003, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by StanMarino13
Screw all this quitting talk we lost one game so far. I think the fins will definately be 2-1 after the third game. If the team doesnt wake up after that "display" then i would be shocked.

....and the salary cap bomb is just over the next hill...tick, tick, tick...

justasportsfan
09-08-2003, 08:43 AM
Yeah, the jets also got a wake up call when they lost to the Skins. The fins aren't the only ones.

The Jets-fins game will boil down to who slept at the Holiday inn. :D

Ebenezer
09-08-2003, 09:00 AM
:rofl: