sahlensguy
05-03-2024, 11:07 AM
Beane must have been like, "oh crap, I only drafted one wr this year???"

Forward_Lateral
05-03-2024, 11:07 AM
Beane "Let's sign every WR available over 6'2"

Woodman
05-03-2024, 11:11 AM
Smoot might help ..... NFL man of the year nominee .... like this guy.

Claypool meh his last shot ..... up to him.

YardRat
05-03-2024, 11:45 AM
Signing Claypool is another puzzling move this off-season to add to the list.

Seems like the opposite end of 'the process' spectrum.

Jeff1220
05-03-2024, 11:50 AM
One year deal = perform & behave or bye bye

notacon
05-03-2024, 12:02 PM
Maybe once Claypool has a quality QB throwing to him, he will show some of the promise he showed when he came into the league.

Woodman
05-03-2024, 12:10 PM
Maybe once Claypool has a quality QB throwing to him, he will show some of the promise he showed when he came into the league.

He has the opportunity.

Good Luck Chase

Mad Max
05-03-2024, 12:27 PM
We are throwing ALL the fazool against the receiving room wall aren’t we?

Woodman
05-03-2024, 12:33 PM
It's not a party until you do. :band:

Mad Max
05-03-2024, 12:39 PM
It's not a party until you do. :band:

it’s also not an ish-show until you do. Remember that.

sahlensguy
05-03-2024, 12:50 PM

Don't you mean that it's not a s*** show until you doo-doo? :idunno:

Mad Max
05-03-2024, 12:55 PM
Don't you mean that it's not a s*** show until you doo-doo?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UtmI--F8Zmo?si=cWfNH26m6kpbnrYt" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Woodman
05-03-2024, 01:08 PM
Between the 2 signings Smoot might be the more important pickup. :idunno:

We should know soon enough.

Mad Max
05-03-2024, 01:15 PM
Between the 2 signings Smoot might be the more important pickup. :idunno:

We should know soon enough.

Both camp fodder/edge of bench guys.

Woodman
05-03-2024, 02:12 PM
Both camp fodder/edge of bench guys.

Probably correct.

I believe Smoot has the better credential. (NFL Man of The Year nominee)

TacklingDummy
05-03-2024, 02:23 PM
Let's see what they can do with a real QB.

Woodman
05-03-2024, 02:36 PM
WR's Claypool, Hollins and Cephus here is your chance.

OpIv37
05-03-2024, 02:49 PM
Claypool was awesome at ND. I was really hoping the Bills would draft him when he first came out. Looking back on it, I'm glad they didn't.

I'm rooting for him. It's been ages since the Bills had any players from ND, and the only really good ND player that the Bills have had that I can recall is Jeff Burris, and that was 30 years ago. But I don't have high hopes.

Novacane
05-03-2024, 03:27 PM
I said who cares when the Dolphins brought him in. I won't be a hypocrite now that my team signed him. Who cares.

Novacane
05-03-2024, 03:28 PM
Claypool was awesome at ND. I was really hoping the Bills would draft him when he first came out. Looking back on it, I'm glad they didn't.

I'm rooting for him. It's been ages since the Bills had any players from ND, and the only really good ND player that the Bills have had that I can recall is Jeff Burris, and that was 30 years ago. But I don't have high hopes.

It doesn't see like many ND guys do well in the NFL. Maybe that's just because the Bills haven't had any.

Chet
05-03-2024, 03:35 PM
It’s a nothing burger with maybe a 10-15% chance he’s useful. One year deal so no risk…unless he runs a lazy route on a final drive that leads to an interception that loses you the division and any hopes of a title. Or if he celebrates a first down with time ticking off the clock that leads to a close loss where you miss the playoffs by one game.

Most people are hoping he helps. I just hope he doesn’t have anymore selfish meltdowns that can torpedo a season—even in limited action as we saw last season

Mad Max
05-03-2024, 03:37 PM

Take it easy there unlucky charms…Brady Quinn was also awesome at Notre Damsels.

Mad Max
05-03-2024, 03:40 PM
Probably correct.

I believe Smoot has the better credential. (NFL Man of The Year nominee)
Better credentials? maybe as a human. The NFL Man of the Year has zero to do with onfield performance…it’s all about the players humanitarianism.

OpIv37
05-03-2024, 03:51 PM
It doesn't see like many ND guys do well in the NFL. Maybe that's just because the Bills haven't had any.
Their TE’s do well in the NFL. They’ve produced a bunch of good defenders and OL’s in recent years too.

QB’s and WR’s, not so much….

tomz
05-03-2024, 03:56 PM
Their TE’s do well in the NFL. They’ve produced a bunch of good defenders and OL’s in recent years too.

QB’s and WR’s, not so much….

Yeah, wasn't TE 'Leary the most recent ND for the Bills? I kinda liked him.

EDS
05-03-2024, 05:09 PM
Signed LB Deion Jones too it appears.

BuffaloBlitz83
05-03-2024, 05:18 PM
Surprised we'd go claypool over zay Jones. More recent success

BuffaloBlitz83
05-03-2024, 05:58 PM

Nd sucks go blue
https://www.instagram.com/uofm.coverage/p/C5_O3swM-YI/

Mace
05-03-2024, 06:14 PM

I wanted him too back then. Wanted Audric Estime this year instead of Davis.

Claypool instead of Zay Jones... Claypool might be a loafer, but he never tried throwing himself naked outa window on camera... McDermott has standards..

cas22
05-03-2024, 07:29 PM
lets remember Claypool was pretty damm good in his 1st 2 years in Pittsburg with Rothtesburger throwing, also just turned 25 ,, I'd kick the tire on him can always cut him....

Mad Bomber
05-03-2024, 07:30 PM

Just.Doo-Doo.It.

acehole
05-03-2024, 07:39 PM
Was it that long ago holy shiet Muslim.

OpIv37
05-03-2024, 08:27 PM
Nd sucks go blue
https://www.instagram.com/uofm.coverage/p/C5_O3swM-YI/

**** Michigan. They get the same asterisk as the Patriots.

Harbaugh got caught cheating TWICE and the gutless NCAA didn’t have the balls to punish him properly.

It also begs the question: how many times did he cheat and was never caught? Complete garbage.

Woodman
05-03-2024, 08:38 PM
Better credentials? maybe as a human. The NFL Man of the Year has zero to do with onfield performance…it’s all about the players humanitarianism.
He's a much better football player than Claypool ever thought of being.

Woodman
05-03-2024, 08:40 PM
Surprised we'd go claypool over zay Jones. More recent success

Yup that was a bit of a surprise.

Woodman
05-03-2024, 08:43 PM
Claypool was pretty damn good

Was is accurate!

sahlensguy
05-03-2024, 08:46 PM
Was is accurate!

Psst, Woody...Claypool is now a Bill.

ParanoidAndroid
05-03-2024, 08:46 PM
Is Henry Ruggs getting out of jail anytime soon?

That would place a fourth WR from the 2020 draft on our roster.

Hamler (46), Claypool (49) and Cephus (166) are the three.

On a side note: The Raiders' 2020 draft has to be the worst I have ever seen.

Woodman
05-03-2024, 08:51 PM
Psst, Woody...Claypool is now a Bill.

Psst got it .... loved him when he came in .... kept telling my son watch this guy he's awesome ...... I hope he abandons the **** effort he's been giving lately and recaptures his old self ..... he has all the incentive ..... if he wants to continue he's gotta change ..... he's certainly talented.

Gibby 2.0
05-04-2024, 12:55 AM
IF, and its a big one, Claypool can keep his head out of his derriere this may be the steal of the free agency period.

Chet
05-04-2024, 01:54 AM
Nobody’s doubting the physical tools, but he’s a big dummy

Woodman
05-04-2024, 05:26 AM
Bills announce Chase Claypool will wear No. 14 jersey, previously worn by Stefon DiggsThe Bills announced that Claypool will be No. 14 this year. Diggs wore that number for the last four years in Buffalo, until he was traded to the Texans this offseason.
Claypool has never worn No. 14 before. He wore No. 11 with the Steelers, No. 10 with the Bears and No. 83 with the Dolphins.

Bills announce Chase Claypool will wear No. 14 jersey, previously worn by Stefon Diggs - NBC Sports (https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/bills-announce-chase-claypool-will-wear-no-14-jersey-previously-worn-by-stefon-diggs)

TheConsigliere
05-04-2024, 05:34 AM
For what it is worth I am also a Fighting Irish fan and liked Claypool when he played for them.

There was always a question mark of whether he could create separation at the NFL level.

Steeler fans nicknamed WASTE CLAYPOOL.

He is worth a look see however I expect nothing from him.

MDFINFAN
05-04-2024, 07:01 AM

So the #1 passer last year wasn't good enough??? I watched him drop passes, plus with that size, he didn't use it very well.

Chet
05-04-2024, 07:23 AM
So the #1 passer last year wasn't good enough??? I watched him drop passes, plus with that size, he didn't use it very well.
#1 in your heart bro. Without McDaniel and the 2 seconds or less offense with a bunch of Usain Bolts he’s working at Jiffy Lube

John Doe
05-04-2024, 07:26 AM
Claypool is certainly worth a look. Reviewing his draft profile, he looks like a bigger, faster version of Coleman.

https://www.si.com/college/notredame/football/notre-dame-football-draft-profile-chase-claypool

In each of his first 2 seasons in the pros he had close to 900 yards receiving.

He will be 26 years old in July so he is in his prime years.

He actually showed special teams coverage ability in college (25 coverage tackles).

He can be a very effective blocker when motivated.

Who knows - with a full training camp under his belt he could contribute.

Chet
05-04-2024, 07:29 AM
But don’t take it the wrong way. I still think Claypool is a mental midget and the fact he couldn’t succeed with single coverage in a pass-happy offense is a damning indictment.

But Tua is a f’ing turd and if he wins one playoff game in his career consider that a rousing success

sukie
05-04-2024, 07:32 AM
So who could end up being a better performer. Claypool with the Bills or Poyer with Miami?

Hmmmmmm.

Chet
05-04-2024, 07:40 AM
So who could end up being a better performer. Claypool with the Bills or Poyer with Miami?

Hmmmmmm.

Poyer, even at an advanced (NFL-wise) age is a leader who will add something either on the field or in the locker room. Claypool is a me-first mongo joining a team that just lost most of it’s veteran leadership and is coached by a guy who’s message/process got tuned out after the 13 seconds fiasco

BuffaloBlitz83
05-04-2024, 08:59 AM
**** Michigan. They get the same asterisk as the Patriots.

Harbaugh got caught cheating TWICE and the gutless NCAA didn’t have the balls to punish him properly.

It also begs the question: how many times did he cheat and was never caught? Complete garbage.

There's a reason we had so many players drafted. Talent!

Mike13
05-04-2024, 09:50 AM
It’s a nothing burger with maybe a 10-15% chance he’s useful. One year deal so no risk…unless he runs a lazy route on a final drive that leads to an interception that loses you the division and any hopes of a title. Or if he celebrates a first down with time ticking off the clock that leads to a close loss where you miss the playoffs by one game.

Most people are hoping he helps. I just hope he doesn’t have anymore selfish meltdowns that can torpedo a season—even in limited action as we saw last season

Yeah it's not like he would **** up a come back attempt on the road in Europe against Ka- oh right.

Hmmmmmm.

Claypool might not even make your final 53.

OpIv37
05-04-2024, 11:41 AM
There's a reason we had so many players drafted. Talent!

Well if Michigan had so much talent, they wouldn’t have had to cheat so much.

Mad Max
05-04-2024, 12:30 PM
Nobody’s doubting the physical tools, but he’s a big dummy

Fred! Is that you?

sukie
05-04-2024, 01:00 PM
Yeah it's not like he would **** up a come back attempt on the road in Europe against Ka- oh right.

Claypool might not even make your final 53.
Poyer is old as Mace. Claypool is excising the number 14.

Mike13
05-04-2024, 01:14 PM
Claypool is certainly worth a look. Reviewing his draft profile, he looks like a bigger, faster version of Coleman.

https://www.si.com/college/notredame/football/notre-dame-football-draft-profile-chase-claypool

In each of his first 2 seasons in the pros he had close to 900 yards receiving.

He will be 26 years old in July so he is in his prime years.

He actually showed special teams coverage ability in college (25 coverage tackles).

He can be a very effective blocker when motivated.

Who knows - with a full training camp under his belt he could contribute.

Oh sweet summer child.

John Doe
05-04-2024, 03:34 PM
Oh sweet summer child.
I can dream, can't I?

Mace
05-04-2024, 04:35 PM
Poyer is old as Mace. Claypool is excising the number 14.

Well, nearly in dog years. I turn 234 this year, been through so many IDs I don't remember when though.

I get letters every year for a name I used a long time ago from various government agencies asking me to hold off on social security another year because they can,t afford to pay the back amount. Pretty cool swag they send me though, like key chains, t-shirts, coffee mugs and mesh caps with cheerful slogans.

Claypool ramps it up or he's gone in a blink. Doubt it happens, but if he turns it on, oh boy. If he doesn't they took a flyer.

I'm still astounded they only drafted one receiver with 10 picks in a deep wr draft with a clear need. That's just a head shaker.

sukie
05-04-2024, 06:29 PM
Well, nearly in dog years. I turn 234 this year, been through so many IDs I don't remember when though.

I get letters every year for a name I used a long time ago from various government agencies asking me to hold off on social security another year because they can,t afford to pay the back amount. Pretty cool swag they send me though, like key chains, t-shirts, coffee mugs and mesh caps with cheerful slogans.

Claypool ramps it up or he's gone in a blink. Doubt it happens, but if he turns it on, oh boy. If he doesn't they took a flyer.

I'm still astounded they only drafted one receiver with 10 picks in a deep wr draft with a clear need. That's just a head shaker.

Head shaking… like Kathrine Hepburn saying “you old poop” shaking ?

acehole
05-04-2024, 08:32 PM
Take it easy there unlucky charms…Brady Quinn was also awesome at Notre Damsels.

Woodman
05-04-2024, 09:10 PM
He is worth a look see however I expect nothing from him.

I as well have set the bar very low ..... hoping to be very wrong.

Woodman
05-04-2024, 09:11 PM

Hmmmmmm.
Damn I do hope Poyer makes that team :snicker:

Woodman
05-04-2024, 09:14 PM
I can dream, can't I?

Yes we will allow it! :cheers:

Historian
05-05-2024, 05:54 AM

.....but....but....Andy Isabella!!!!

:roflmao:

GreedoII
05-05-2024, 08:11 AM
This whole thread is filthy dirty of has been ND players and lousy 4th tier WR's. Putrid. I stink and feel very dirty.

justasportsfan
05-05-2024, 09:59 AM
Why would Beane risk exposing Coleman to Claypool. Our proven leaders are gone and the ones we have haven't even started rookie camp.

Woodman
05-05-2024, 10:52 AM
Why would Beane risk exposing Coleman to Claypool.

This was my major concern with the signing .... set aside everything else.