PDA

View Full Version : Odell Beckham Jr. agrees to one-year deal with Dolphins

Woodman
05-03-2024, 10:45 AM
Odell Beckham Jr. agrees to one-year deal with Dolphins - NBC Sports (https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/odell-beckham-jr-agrees-to-one-year-deal-with-dolphins)

Beckham has agreed to a one-year deal worth up to $8.25 million with the Dolphins, according to NFL Media.

Also per the report, Beckham could have made more money elsewhere but he preferred the fit with the Dolphins.

Beckham, 31, appeared in 14 games with six starts for Baltimore last season after missing all of 2022 due to a torn ACL suffered in Super Bowl LVI. He caught 35 passes for 565 yards with three touchdowns in the regular season. Beckham then had four catches for 34 yards in two postseason games.

Mike13
05-03-2024, 10:55 AM
$3million with escalators.
I like it, solid #3 option.

notacon
05-03-2024, 11:58 AM
They can have him.

Woodman
05-03-2024, 12:00 PM
Still just the 1 ball ..... they are aware I suppose. :idunno:

Mad Max
05-03-2024, 12:56 PM
That’s subtraction by addition for the tunas.

Woodman
05-03-2024, 12:57 PM

It's how they roll.

Novacane
05-03-2024, 03:30 PM
They need to hurry up and make Tua the highest paid QB in the league next!

Mad Max
05-03-2024, 03:42 PM

Now that would be hilarious if it were to happen. It won’t though…Tua and his reps know full well that he’s a third tier QB and won’t push the issue too much.

Woodman
05-03-2024, 09:14 PM
75 million per I think. :roflmao:

all guaranteed of course .... 6 years .... 450 million total.

Saratoga Slim
05-03-2024, 09:49 PM
I’d rather have OBJ on a one year than Chase Claypool.

jamze132
05-03-2024, 10:25 PM
I’d rather have OBJ on a one year than Chase Claypool.

Clayfool won’t make the roster and OBJ won’t make any difference in the cesspool they call Miami.

- - - Updated - - -

$3million with escalators.
I like it, solid #3 option.

Isn’t there a stupid Dolphins board you should be slobbering at?

Oaf
05-03-2024, 10:28 PM
OBJ is an amazing #3 option, you kidding? As opposed to… Mack Hollins or a rookie? Bargain signing as well—he's kind of a partyboy; not surprised he went to MIA after LA.

MDFINFAN
05-04-2024, 07:03 AM
They can have him.

They got him...he was decent in Baltimore last year, with another year away from the leg injury, he should be better this year.

MDFINFAN
05-04-2024, 07:06 AM

How is OB a subtraction, We've had Claypool and Hollins, talk about subtraction by addition..wink I want go all in on Hollins, he was great on special teams and made some nice catches when he got his chance at WR.

MDFINFAN
05-04-2024, 07:07 AM
OBJ is an amazing #3 option, you kidding? As opposed to… Mack Hollins or a rookie? Bargain signing as well—he's kind of a partyboy; not surprised he went to MIA after LA.

He was in Baltimore last year, so Miami by way of Baltimore. He's kept his nose clean for the last 3 years.

Chet
05-04-2024, 07:34 AM
There’s only one football last I checked.

Chet
05-04-2024, 07:35 AM
Let’s see what a good trooper he is when you have two other receiving options taking up 250 receptions and near 3,000yds

DetoxTent
05-04-2024, 10:28 AM
Next stop Pottersville.

- - - Updated - - -

There’s only one football last I checked.

OBJ will never be relevant again.

Window closed.

ghz in pittsburgh
05-04-2024, 10:53 AM
Saratoga is right. OBJ is more of a sure shot to be on a roster than Claypool. And OBJ even said he considered Bills and Chiefs as well before signing with the Dolphins. I’m guessing he’s not making 3 million base with either chiefs and bills. Chiefs and Bills are on a path of youth movement and guys like OBJ has to take league minimum. Remember Shady’s last 2 years with the Chiefs and Bucs?

Mad Max
05-04-2024, 12:39 PM
How is OB a subtraction, We've had Claypool and Hollins, talk about subtraction by addition..wink I want go all in on Hollins, he was great on special teams and made some nice catches when he got his chance at WR.

The word “cancer” follows him around from team to team. Is everyone lying?

Mike13
05-04-2024, 01:19 PM

Let's see, the Bills traded away their best offensive weapon,had a chance to get a couple of great prospects but said "nah, we're good with
mid ass Keon Coleman."

And now signed a dog hit WR in Chase Claypool.

But do go on about "subtraction by addition."

Clayfool won’t make the roster and OBJ won’t make any difference in the cesspool they call Miami.

- - - Updated - - -

Isn’t there a stupid Dolphins board you should be slobbering at?

OBJ is legitimately the best #3 option in the NFL.
He'll be seeing alot of one on one matchups against #3 CBs. Who do you think will win most of the time?

Novacane
05-04-2024, 01:57 PM
Now that would be hilarious if it were to happen. It won’t though…Tua and his reps know full well that he’s a third tier QB and won’t push the issue too much.

He's next in line! He needs to be paid more than Burrow!

Mad Max
05-04-2024, 02:01 PM
Let's see, the Bills traded away their best offensive weapon,had a chance to get a couple of great prospects but said "nah, we're good with
mid ass Keon Coleman."

He'll be seeing alot of one on one matchups against #3 CBs. Who do you think will win most of the time?
Go find where I said our receiver room is going to be better than the dolphins in 2024. I’ll wait.

if you’re gonna troll…at least get your facts straight.

Novacane
05-04-2024, 02:04 PM
mid ass Keon Coleman."

Probably OBJ but the ball will have already been thrown to Hill or Waddle. He'll get sick of that real fast and start dogging it.

Woodman
05-04-2024, 02:05 PM
He's next in line! He needs to be paid more than Burrow!

Way ****in more right!!!

Woodman
05-04-2024, 02:07 PM
Probably OBJ but the ball will have already been thrown to Hill or Waddle. He'll get sick of that real fast and start dogging it.

1 ball is still true damn. :roflmao:

Woodman
05-04-2024, 02:17 PM
. OBJ is legitimately the best #3 option in the NFL.

Top 3 Trios in the NFL

1) Texans - Gold has a great young QB
2) Bears - Silver QB :idunno: Rookie
3) Dolphins - Bronze QB NA.

MDFINFAN
05-04-2024, 08:29 PM
The word “cancer” follows him around from team to team. Is everyone lying?

Did you hear the Rams or Ravens complaint about him? Nope, as I said, for the last 3 years he's been clean...

MDFINFAN
05-04-2024, 08:32 PM
1 ball is still true damn. :roflmao:

One ball at a time to Hill, Waddle or OBJ, yea I'd take that...very true..

jamze132
05-04-2024, 09:06 PM
mid ass Keon Coleman."

We’ll see. I think he’s over the hill and today’s DBs will most definitely be able to keep up with him.

Mad Max
05-04-2024, 09:10 PM
Did you hear the Rams or Ravens complaint about him? Nope, as I said, for the last 3 years he's been clean...
He’s such a good player/teammate that he’s now on his fifth team :rofl:

Good luck with the acquisition, sincerely. He may help your team stave off third place in the division.

Ginger Vitis
05-04-2024, 09:53 PM
It's nice that MDFINFAN has made a appearance... he's been pretty quiet the last 6 years

DetoxTent
05-05-2024, 05:35 AM

But when they saw him up close they both chose not to keep him. Speaks volumes.

kscdogbillsfan1221
05-05-2024, 12:51 PM
Literally the most overrated wideout over this generation

DetoxTent
05-05-2024, 01:11 PM
Literally the most overrated wideout over this generation
David Tyree and OBJ both make careers out of a single catch as a NY Giant.

- - - Updated - - -

Woodman
05-05-2024, 01:13 PM
But when they saw him up close they both chose not to keep him. Speaks volumes.
At least a couple chapters. :cheers:

Not concerned about the acquisition at all.

BuffaloBlitz83
05-05-2024, 01:19 PM
David Tyree and OBJ both make careers out of a single catch as a NY Giant.

- - - Updated - - -

Odell had massive years in ny

TacklingDummy
05-05-2024, 04:46 PM
The Bills will have a better offense than Miami simple because Allen is 10 times better than Tua. In fact, Tua sucks.

Oaf
05-05-2024, 08:18 PM
OBJ is likely the best #3 option in the league. They're making it as easy for Tua as possible. We'll be fine, but can you imagine Allen w/ their WRs?

It'll almost certainly come crashing down for MIA come playoff time, or sooner, unless they somehow get the #1 seed.

Jeff1220
05-06-2024, 07:08 AM
OBJ is a pretty freakin good #3 option, and he diversifies the WR room since he's not just another small fast guy.