PDA

View Full Version : Shaw/Reed

OpIv37
09-07-2003, 06:17 PM
Anyone else think Shaw should be the #2 receiver. Maybe it's too early to give up on Reed, but he dropped two balls that hit him in the hands. The pitchback play was a sure TD if he had held on...

if anything, the coaches should threaten to bench him if only for pure motivation.

Fortunately, Campbell and Henry came up with some key receptions to keep the passing game on track.

robeezy
09-07-2003, 06:41 PM
I'm for Shaw @ #2

TypicalBill
09-07-2003, 06:45 PM
i think we keep whats working, why would we change it when its working so well..... Shaw was made for the Slot spot.. he excels there... leave whats working the way it is.

mypoorfriendme
09-07-2003, 06:55 PM
but its not really workign because reed dropped those balls...also reed excelled in the slot last year too. but reed looked terrible today and shaw really impressed me with his grabs. i thought josh was supposed to have sure hands : (

OpIv37
09-07-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
but its not really workign because reed dropped those balls...also reed excelled in the slot last year too. but reed looked terrible today and shaw really impressed me with his grabs. i thought josh was supposed to have sure hands : (

Maybe he just had an off-day. Admittedly, I may be calling for his head a little too soon, especially since it didn't negatively affect the outcome of the game. However, he's going to have to step it up if the team is going to play at a high level all year- one or two more games like this, and he should be riding the pine.

TypicalBill
09-07-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by OpIv37
Maybe he just had an off-day. Admittedly, I may be calling for his head a little too soon, especially since it didn't negatively affect the outcome of the game. However, he's going to have to step it up if the team is going to play at a high level all year- one or two more games like this, and he should be riding the pine.

:up: with ya on that

BillyT92679
09-07-2003, 08:23 PM
I like Shaw as No. 2 and Reed as 3. Josh has a lot of talent, but a possession guy with poor downfield speed has to catch just about every pass thrown to him.

Anyone else notice that while Priest and Ricky and Deuce rightfully get noticed as great all purpose backs, Travis isn't recognized? He is a heckuva receiver; he has very soft hands and catches just about every pass swung out to him,

BuffaloBillsDan
09-07-2003, 08:32 PM
I'll join in with those who say give Reed a chance. He showed what he can do last year and deserves some opportunity before we give up on him.

I'm worried, we didn't score in the third quarter!!

BuffaloBillsDan
09-07-2003, 08:33 PM
By the way, the Dullfans are rather quiet.
Hmmm.......

The_Philster
09-08-2003, 06:24 AM
Give him a few games...if he is still having problems after the Fish win, maybe we should see about making the switch.

ryven
09-08-2003, 07:06 AM
Why cant J. Reed be the number 2 WR and be in the slot? wasn't A. Reed a slot receiver