PDA

View Full Version : Will the Buffalo Bills be featured in Week 1 of the 2024 NFL season?

Woodman
05-08-2024, 09:32 PM
2024 NFL Schedule- Will the Buffalo Bills be featured opening weekend? - Buffalo Rumblings (https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2024/5/8/24150557/2024-nfl-schedule-will-the-buffalo-bills-be-featured-opening-weekend)

The Bills have become more of a household name for the right reasons since the arrival of head coach Sean McDermott — and shortly thereafter Brandon Beane’s appointment as general manager.

Following One Bills Drive’s selection of quarterback Josh Allen in the 2018 NFL Draft (https://www.sbnation.com/nfl-draft), the franchise has gone as Allen’s gone. Upward, steadily. Before Allen found his groove and proved the doubters wrong, you could count on one hand the amount of primetime games Buffalo had been featured in since we all survived Y2K.

In looking back at the previous two NFL seasons, the Bills were a featured part of the league’s kick-off. In 2021, Buffalo traveled west to California, facing the Los Angeles Rams (https://www.turfshowtimes.com/) on Thursday at 8:20 p.m. ET. The Rams entered the 2022 season as Super Bowl (https://www.sbnation.com/super-bowl) Champions, and Buffalo was still the talk of the league after falling to the Chiefs in a 42-36 shootout the previous January. The Bills delivered a resounding win, 31-10 over the Rams in a game that felt even more out of control than the score indicated. Buffalo played six games in primetime during 2022, plus they were featured on Thanksgiving Day at 12:30 p.m. ET against the Detroit Lions (https://www.prideofdetroit.com/)

OpIv37
05-08-2024, 10:52 PM
**** being “featured.” That just means that our games are on at awful times for our fans because it makes the NFL more money

Admittedly it’s a catch 22. Good teams don’t get an entire season of games that are at 1 pm Sunday East Coast time.

But being “featured” isn’t a good thing for our fans. It means the NFL is putting their profits over the best times for our most loyal fans to watch the team. Coach Sal posted something on social media that wasn’t very direct, but he saw some preliminary schedules and they had us with a lot of late games again. Uggghhh.

GreedoII
05-09-2024, 07:19 AM
not this year. 1pm start at home

Jeff1220
05-09-2024, 10:07 AM
The 4:30 games are the best case scenario imo.

Woodman
05-09-2024, 10:12 AM
With our QB we will always be Prime Time it's that simple really.

Just keep us on this continent.

notacon
05-09-2024, 01:02 PM
**** being “featured.” That just means that our games are on at awful times for our fans because it makes the NFL more money

Admittedly it’s a catch 22. Good teams don’t get an entire season of games that are at 1 pm Sunday East Coast time.

But being “featured” isn’t a good thing for our fans. It means the NFL is putting their profits over the best times for our most loyal fans to watch the team. Coach Sal posted something on social media that wasn’t very direct, but he saw some preliminary schedules and they had us with a lot of late games again. Uggghhh.

Speak for yourself. You are only one of a handful that whine so much about prime time games.

They are NOT "awful times for our fans".

Same with your lame "being “featured” isn’t a good thing for our fans.". What claptrap baloney.

Whining about the Bills being one of the NFL featured teams with a lot of prime time games because they are so ****ing good? Uggghhh.

Forward_Lateral
05-09-2024, 02:27 PM
I don't really care for prime time games just because I usually go to bed at like 9:30, and I still have PTSD from all the Monday/Sunday night meltdowns of the drought

jamze132
05-09-2024, 03:47 PM
I love prime time games, and nationally televised games; especially since I no longer buy the Sunday Ticket. Last year I only had to go to the sports bar four times lol.

Mace
05-09-2024, 07:55 PM
Just imho, the shine is gone.and we're back into "impress us" land

cas22
05-09-2024, 08:39 PM
very good chance we will be playing on thanksgiving day in Detroit.. KC will be primetime, San fran will be primetime Miami might be a thursday night all in all I think at least 4 nighty games

cas22
05-09-2024, 08:40 PM
Just imho, the shine is gone.and we're back into "impress us" land

as long as Allen wears the blue and white we always will shine some...

OpIv37
05-09-2024, 08:55 PM
Speak for yourself. You are only one of a handful that whine so much about prime time games.

They are NOT "awful times for our fans".

Same with your lame "being “featured” isn’t a good thing for our fans.". What claptrap baloney.

Whining about the Bills being one of the NFL featured teams with a lot of prime time games because they are so ****ing good? Uggghhh.

**** that. I like being able to flip to other games during commercials and halftime. I don’t like being either excited after a win or pissed after a loss at midnight when I have to get up for work tomorrow. I pay for the Sunday Ticket package so every game that’s not on it reduces its value for me.

And Buffalo is a small city so our fan base ranges from Syracuse to Toronto. May season ticket holders won’t get home til 3 am when adults have work and kids have school in the morning.

Night games are awful and I’m so sick of so-called “fans” pretending that there is some kind of prestige behind the NFL’s money grabs. You just refuse to pay the $300 for the Ticket so you like it when you can watch the games real time for free.

cas22
05-09-2024, 11:40 PM
**** that. I like being able to flip to other games during commercials and halftime. I don’t like being either excited after a win or pissed after a loss at midnight when I have to get up for work tomorrow. I pay for the Sunday Ticket package so every game that’s not on it reduces its value for me.

And Buffalo is a small city so our fan base ranges from Syracuse to Toronto. May season ticket holders won’t get home til 3 am when adults have work and kids have school in the morning.

Night games are awful and I’m so sick of so-called “fans” pretending that there is some kind of prestige behind the NFL’s money grabs. You just refuse to pay the $300 for the Ticket so you like it when you can watch the games real time for free.

sorry dude but there are a lot more fans that live all over the country and not in the buffalo area , a lot more Bills fans . I like to watch other games then put my sole attention when the bills play, I don
t care what time they play as long as they win.

YardRat
05-10-2024, 05:33 AM
I would bet against prime time, I agree with Mace.

The national feed for a 1 or 4:25 start? Maybe.

Forward_Lateral
05-10-2024, 08:04 AM
Week 1 I'd prefer to have a 1 O'clock game at home.

Get the odds stacked in the best of their favor for a 1-0 start.

They started on the road the last 2 seasons, both in prime time, they should get the opener at home this season, but who knows.

Historian
05-10-2024, 08:41 AM
Give me the fish at 1pm on opening day at home.

Screw national television.

Novacane
05-10-2024, 09:12 AM
Is someone posted Sunday night vs San Fran. Don't know if that's true or not

OpIv37
05-10-2024, 09:51 AM
sorry dude but there are a lot more fans that live all over the country and not in the buffalo area , a lot more Bills fans . I like to watch other games then put my sole attention when the bills play, I don
t care what time they play as long as they win.

Well obviously a win is more important than the time slot.

But the fans in Buffalo- especially the ones who go to the games- should be prioritized over out of town fans (and I say that as someone who has been out of market since 2000). Bills fans in Rochester or Toronto shouldn’t have to get home at 3 am on a weeknight so Bills fans in DC don’t have to pay for the game or Bills fans in LA can have a nice evening.

notacon
05-10-2024, 12:00 PM

Like I said....Speak for yourself. You are only one of a handful that whine so much about prime time games.

When you say...."our games are on at awful times for our fans"...and...."being “featured” isn’t a good thing for our fans." you are NOT just speaking for yourself, but projecting YOUR whining crap on all of us "fans".

YOU are the one who "like being able to flip to other games during commercials and halftime. I don’t like being either excited after a win or pissed after a loss at midnight when I have to get up for work tomorrow", which is YOUR preference.

NOT mine, nor I suspect NOT for a LOT of real Bills fans.

OpIv37
05-10-2024, 12:19 PM
Like I said....Speak for yourself. You are only one of a handful that whine so much about prime time games.

When you say...."our games are on at awful times for our fans"...and...."being “featured” isn’t a good thing for our fans." you are NOT just speaking for yourself, but projecting YOUR whining crap on all of us "fans".

YOU are the one who "like being able to flip to other games during commercials and halftime. I don’t like being either excited after a win or pissed after a loss at midnight when I have to get up for work tomorrow", which is YOUR preference.

NOT mine, nor I suspect NOT for a LOT of real Bills fans.
:rolleyes:

sahlensguy
05-10-2024, 01:43 PM
"Featured games" are on TV more, here. MST, at that!

The more the better!

Forward_Lateral
05-11-2024, 09:06 AM
I take for granted that I get every Bills game for free here, because CTV carries all the games

sahlensguy
05-11-2024, 09:33 AM
I take for granted that I get every Bills game for free here, because CTV carries all the games

Reddit streams are free and always accessible but broadcast TV access is better!

OpIv37
05-11-2024, 10:37 AM
Reddit streams are free and always accessible but broadcast TV access is better!

I used to use bootleg streams for the Sabres and UFC but they got less and less reliable as the government cracked down. I can’t risk it for the Bills. Whichever service has Sunday Ticket has me by the balls.

And the Ticket is barely worth it when the team is good. The reason I got the Ticket in the first place is cuz I did the math and it was cheaper than going to a bar every week. But last year, I think there were only 5 games that weren’t on locally and I was out of town for one of them anyway, so it would have been cheaper to just go to a bar for those games.

notacon
05-11-2024, 11:37 AM
"Featured games" are on TV more, here. MST, at that!

The more the better!

You betcha.

Last season I was able to watch 13 games "live". Either prime time (I LOVE prime time games), London on NFLN or "featured" games when the Bills did not conflict with the Raider's schedule.

The games that were not prime time or in London that were broadcast here last season were:

Las Vegas
@NE
NY Jets (2nd)
@KC
Dallas

The games with no TV coverage in Vegas....

@Washington
Miami (1st)
@Philly
NE

The first three I was able to use a VPN to fool Paramount+ that I was in Buffalo. Looks like they figured that out because I could not do it for the New Years Eve game vs NE no matter how much I tried.

I finally cut the cord on cable a few weeks ago (after my cable bill went up to $300...YIKES!!!) and now get my internet access with AT&T "Internet Air" that uses 5G signals and it's fast as can be. HALF the cost of cable internet.

Also started using YouTube TV (HALF the cost of cable with same premium channels). It's a lot better than I thought it would be (the trial period taught me that). Of course, being a new subscriber they are offering the first year of Sunday Ticket for $170 off...or $180.

The offer runs out the day after the 2024 schedule comes out. Depending on how may prime time games, and games that do not conflict with Raiders I might just do it....but I'm tending toward passing.

It's still a lot of money to watch a handful of Bills games. I'm already (gladly) spending $100 a year on NFL+ Premium and all I have to do is wait until the game is over to watch it in full, with no commercials.

With Sunday "afternoon" games at 10:00AM here, it's pretty easy to stay away from sports screens until about 1:30PM. 10:00AM football is still pretty weird after 65 years living in the east.

sahlensguy
05-11-2024, 12:08 PM
You betcha.

Last season I was able to watch 13 games "live". Either prime time (I LOVE prime time games), London on NFLN or "featured" games when the Bills did not conflict with the Raider's schedule.

The games that were not prime time or in London that were broadcast here last season were:

Las Vegas
@NE
NY Jets (2nd)
@KC
Dallas

The games with no TV coverage in Vegas....

@Washington
Miami (1st)
@Philly
NE

The first three I was able to use a VPN to fool Paramount+ that I was in Buffalo. Looks like they figured that out because I could not do it for the New Years Eve game vs NE no matter how much I tried.

I finally cut the cord on cable a few weeks ago (after my cable bill went up to $300...YIKES!!!) and now get my internet access with AT&T "Internet Air" that uses 5G signals and it's fast as can be. HALF the cost of cable internet.

Also started using YouTube TV (HALF the cost of cable with same premium channels). It's a lot better than I thought it would be (the trial period taught me that). Of course, being a new subscriber they are offering the first year of Sunday Ticket for $170 off...or $180.

The offer runs out the day after the 2024 schedule comes out. Depending on how may prime time games, and games that do not conflict with Raiders I might just do it....but I'm tending toward passing.

It's still a lot of money to watch a handful of Bills games. I'm already (gladly) spending $100 a year on NFL+ Premium and all I have to do is wait until the game is over to watch it in full, with no commercials.

With Sunday "afternoon" games at 10:00AM here, it's pretty easy to stay away from sports screens until about 1:30PM. 10:00AM football is still pretty weird after 65 years living in the east.

I cut the cord a few years ago. I have T-Mobile home Internet for $25, and YouTube TV. I didn't know about that price for the first year of Sunday ticket. Might be worth it.

notacon
05-11-2024, 01:22 PM
I cut the cord a few years ago. I have T-Mobile home Internet for $25, and YouTube TV. I didn't know about that price for the first year of Sunday ticket. Might be worth it.
The promo for the first year of Sunday ticket is only for new subscribers of Youtube TV. It was offered during my five day trial of YTTV and lasts for three weeks.

It's a tough sell for me since it really is only for Sunday afternoon games and when the Bills are not playing on Sunday afternoon (which means a prime time game) Red Zone is a pretty attractive way to watch all the games. NO COMMERCIALS!!!

When the schedule comes out, it's pretty easy to see when the Bills are definitely not carried by local broadcast when they conflict with Raiders. Decisions, decisions!!. :D:

sahlensguy
05-11-2024, 01:33 PM
The promo for the first year of Sunday ticket is only for new subscribers of Youtube TV. It was offered during my five day trial of YTTV and lasts for three weeks.

It's a tough sell for me since it really is only for Sunday afternoon games and when the Bills are not playing on Sunday afternoon (which means a prime time game) Red Zone is a pretty attractive way to watch all the games. NO COMMERCIALS!!!

When the schedule comes out, it's pretty easy to see when the Bills are definitely not carried by local broadcast when they conflict with Raiders. Decisions, decisions!!. :D:

I've had YTTV for 6 months now. I guess the offer for ST has passed. Oh well, easy decision for me. Back to Reddit streams for me. No replays of the game is the downside of that though.

notacon
05-12-2024, 10:50 AM
I've had YTTV for 6 months now. I guess the offer for ST has passed. Oh well, easy decision for me. Back to Reddit streams for me. No replays of the game is the downside of that though.
Replays of every NFL game since 2009 in several formats....full game with no commercials (about 2 1/2 hours)...."condensed" game of every play and only each play (whole game in about 40 min) ....and coaches film "all 22" for only $99 is a screaming bargain.

I'm not familiar with "Reddit streams". What is that?

sahlensguy
05-12-2024, 11:45 AM
Replays of every NFL game since 2009 in several formats....full game with no commercials (about 2 1/2 hours)...."condensed" game of every play and only each play (whole game in about 40 min) ....and coaches film "all 22" for only $99 is a screaming bargain.

I'm not familiar with "Reddit streams". What is that?

Reddit streams or crack streams are links to live games in hd. On game day, just Google "free NFL streams". The rest is straight forward, once you get used to it. Try it out for any NFL, NBA, NHL and MMA events that you are not already paying for. No real features and links can go down, but still...

POTLAND PSILBYLO
05-12-2024, 01:12 PM

Move to Casper, Wyoming. Every Bills game is available there.

notacon
05-13-2024, 11:21 AM
Move to Casper, Wyoming. Every Bills game is available there.

:rofl: Casper, Wyoming averages 70" of snow not that much less than the 94" in Buffalo.

Las Vegas averages .3" inches of snow. Last time there was measurable snow at my house was Feb 2019. It did not last the day.

Nope. Not for me!!!

Woodman
05-13-2024, 03:42 PM
:rofl: Casper, Wyoming averages 70" of snow not that much less than the 94" in Buffalo.

Las Vegas averages .3" inches of snow. Last time there was measurable snow at my house was Feb 2019. It did not last the day.

Nope. Not for me!!!

That's just one reason I like Poughkeepsie.

38 inches of snow on average.

last year all i can remember was one day of any real accumulation.

sahlensguy
05-13-2024, 04:15 PM

300-400" here this winter and I love it (it's the tourists that I could do without).

Woodman
05-13-2024, 04:19 PM
300-400" here this winter and I love it (it's the tourists that I could do without).

Santa? 20326

sahlensguy
05-13-2024, 04:24 PM
Santa? 20326

notacon
05-14-2024, 11:34 AM

.3" is a LOT less than 38". :D: