PDA

View Full Version : The Bronco's defense will find out if they are good as advertised...

mchurchfie
09-20-2002, 11:29 AM
Are they legit or are they just a statistical figment of the imagination. They will find out against one of the best offenses in the NFL, in the Bills. I think that we will do a better job of running on them than anyone that they have faced so far. If they play a cover two and back off for the pass then our 300 plus pound OL will pound the smaller D-Linemen of the Broncs. If they stack eight men in the box then it's "Bombs away" time and I guarantee our QB and receivers will win that battle. Granted they did a good job against a similar offense in The Rams, however our receivers are more physical (Moulds, Reed) and aren't afraid to go across the middle or pay the "Price" for a catch. We also have much better tightends than The Rams, look for JR to possibly have a big day. We will see how good the Bronco's defense really is this Sunday. Myself, I am not ready to annoint them the second coming of the "85 Bears" defense just yet.

WG
09-20-2002, 11:32 AM
Henry's not as good as either Faulk or Hearst.

Bledsoe is not as good as Garcia. Warner, possibly in that I think he's overrated.

Owens is better than Moulds.

I don't know. We haven't proven that we can run against any team really other than the Jets in a freak showing IMO.

It will definitely speak much louder than our first two games no matter what happens. That much is for sure.

lordofgun
09-20-2002, 11:35 AM
It's arguable that our offense has more weapons than both the 49ers or the Rams...at least in the passing game.

You can't just compare individual players, you have to look at the entire offense. Sure, Owens may be better than Moulds, but Ownes doesn't have receivers the caliber of Price and Reed playing with him!

mchurchfie
09-20-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Henry's not as good as either Faulk or Hearst.

Bledsoe is not as good as Garcia. Warner, possibly in that I think he's overrated.

Owens is better than Moulds.

I don't know. We haven't proven that we can run against any team really other than the Jets in a freak showing IMO.

It will definitely speak much louder than our first two games no matter what happens. That much is for sure.

True Henry is not a s good as Faulk but I think that we have a bigger more physical OL which really offsets that a lot and can make even the most average RB look pretty darn good. Garcia better than Drew??? Puuuuhleese....Garcia has had one, maybe two good years. When he shows the consistent big play ability that Drew has and has accomplished just a fraction of what he has then get back to me. I would put Warner ahead of Garcia easily and put drew just slightly ahead of Warner.

As far as Owens and Moulds, I would call that a draw. They are both big play physical receivers, however Owen's game against the Giants was less than impressive. Moulds is definitely having the better year. He also, as LOG eluded to, has the benefit of being surrounded by better receivers in Reed, Price, and JR.