X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Natrix
    • Jul 2002

Jacksonville

I really hope they arn't looking past them. I know as a fan that I am already thinking about the fish fry for the entire nation to witness.

Anyone with Sunday ticket catch any of the Jags game? How did Douglas look? I noticed Brunell started. Is Fred Taylor healthy? Who did they pick up to replace Shaw?

Byrd.
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

This will prove the quality of Williams' coaching...if they go down to Jax and look like a bunch of high schools then he really is a gr-EGG head...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• The Natrix
      • Jul 2002

I just don't see it especially with Spikes and Milloy in there. They are the definition of leaders.

Byrd.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
        Sab and TD are insignificant
        • Sep 2002

Like Takeo said - this D can be the best ever if everyone just does what they're supposed to do. It's hard as hell to beat a team with that kind of D.

But this team is so much more then what we saw today too. I think we can beat any team in the league two ways as long as we stay healthy - through finesse, and through overpowering them. Sammy Morris looks like he could fill in for an injured Henry and we wouldn't miss a beat - I can only imagine how dangerous we'll be when McGahee gets healthy, and we have two back sets to really confuse the D since both backs will have a 50/50 chance of getting the ball. Not to mention both sides of the ball have to practice against eachother which will only make us better. Now let's just pray that we don't suffer any major injuries.
        www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• The Natrix
          • Jul 2002

Yes, Major injuries are a concern but this team has so much freakin talent and depth that I think some injuries can be overcome. There is definitely a ton of depth at LB. Many here were touting Spoon as the next Urlacher and guess what, there are 7 LBs on the roster who are better than him. Sidney and Thomas are nice depth if Nate or Winni were to go down and although Denney might not be great, Kelsay seems to be just as good. Edwards and Bannan have another year under their belts.

On offense, I wouldn't be concerned about an injury to any WR except Moulds. Moulds would be a huge loss even in the short run. Bledsoe would be a huge loss in the long run but I think that a rally around AVP for 2 or 3 games would prove efficient. Agree with you on Morris being able to get the job done. I have confidence in Burns too, and of course Willis waiting in the wings.

At least we arn't fish fans. Think about how much more of a loss Rickey would be for them than Henry for us. Bills are a much more balanced, complete team.

Byrd.

Comment

• TigerJ
            • Jul 2002

Fred Taylor did play for Jax and was in some highlights. I would have to assume he's healthy. I think on paper at least Buffalo would have to be considered the better team, but NE found out how good paper is today (not that I think NE is better than us, but we're not 31 points better on paper).
            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Travis Hunter
              • Jul 2002

A scrambling QB with an arm like Brunell is always trouble.
              Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• The Spaz
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Travis Hunter
                A scrambling QB with an arm like Brunell is always trouble.
                I wouldn't call Brunell a scrambler anymore IMO!

Comment

• LABillsFan
                  • Aug 2002

He doesn't scramble but he does roll out and step away from pressure. They could be tough if the get the running game going. I don't see them winning, but it wouldn't suprise me if it tuned out to be a 3-4 point game.
                  I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• TypicalBill
                    • Sep 2002

i saw highlights of the game ... they were up by like 20 points but carolina provided the comeback and won....

Brunnel was very sharp.. 23 out of 27 for a couple of TD's and no interceptions.

Fred Taylor is a franchise back .. he ran 22 for 77 yards with 5 receptions for 51 yards.

That should be a real test for our D .. especially on the road.
                    For the latest Bills news, visit the front page www.billszone.com

Comment

• lunatic_bills_fan
                      • Oct 2002

To tell ya the truth, Im a lot less worried about Jacksonville than I was against NE. Jacksonville runs a quite conventional offense. Brunell is still pretty much on top of his game, so we cant underestimate his ability. Their problem comes at "who are his targets" w/o Smith. Fred Taylor will be solid, but against our revamped D I dont see any real big numbers from him. With a good solid gameplan and the same effort the played against NE, Buffalo "should" be 2-0 this time next week.

Comment

• fabolouspaul
                        • Oct 2002

The early Vegas line has Buffalo favored by 3 points. Its been awhile since the Bills have been favored on the road! Looks like Vegas has been paying real good attention to us :)
                        LA needs a football team so that I can watch a Bills game live.

Comment

• LVGrown
                          Vegas Growed
                          • Jul 2002

of course Vegas is paying attention to the bills, I live here! by the way the bills bar i was at yesterday prolly woulda challeneged the 80,000 fans at ralph wilson stadium ... i can honestly say i have never seen fans happier then what they were yesterday watching this team kick some majorly overdue a$$.

Erin GO BILLS!

Comment

Working...
                          X