PDA

View Full Version : What not to say to a team you're about to play

LABillsFan
09-07-2003, 08:56 PM
MIAMI -- A humble second-year franchise playing at highly touted Miami, the Houston Texans were the biggest underdogs of the NFL's opening weekend.

That made them mad. So did the Dolphins' trash-talking during pregame warmups.

"One of their players said, 'I'll see you after today's practice,'" Houston's Jabar Gaffney said. "That was their thinking -- they were looking at us like this was just a little practice."

Full article

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20030907_HOU@MIA

Stewie
09-07-2003, 09:05 PM
unfortunately, that loss might wake the dolphins up...

Tatonka
09-07-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by LABillsFan
MIAMI -- A"One of their players said, 'I'll see you after today's practice,'" Houston's Jabar Gaffney said. "That was their thinking -- they were looking at us like this was just a little practice."

that is ****** hillarious.. hahaha.. i bet jabar had a couple words for him after the game.

Michael82
09-07-2003, 10:35 PM
J. Gaffney 3 rec 70 yards :snicker:

LABillsFan
09-08-2003, 12:35 AM
They should have been awake for opening day at their own crib. Not after losing the game.

socalfan
09-08-2003, 12:44 AM
they must have really ticked off andre johnson, because he made the dolphins' Fletcher look real bad....the Miami radio guys said, Fletcher was screaming for help! I think they are about to start their November fade early this year.

Michael82
09-08-2003, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by socalfan
they must have really ticked off andre johnson, because he made the dolphins' Fletcher look real bad....the Miami radio guys said, Fletcher was screaming for help! I think they are about to start their November fade early this year.

3-13 for the fins? They are due for one of those. :snicker:

socalfan
09-08-2003, 12:49 AM
I don't understand how they thought that getting J Seau would make them good enough to be arrogant?

BillsOverDolphins
09-08-2003, 12:50 AM
hey Miami...Crow: It's what's for dinner!

BillsOverDolphins
09-08-2003, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by socalfan
I don't understand how they thought that getting J Seau would make them good enough to be arrogant?
Seau has been living off his name the past few years...Jaws was right, he's got nothing left:violin:

LABillsFan
09-08-2003, 12:53 AM
The arrogance has always been there, they never had enough umph to back it up though. Coaching is the issue down there. Wanny couldn't do it in CHI. I have always doubted his ability. There's still 15 games left, so we'll see.

bernielivsey_1
09-08-2003, 12:54 AM
How can you wake up a bad team?

socalfan
09-08-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by LABillsFan
The arrogance has always been there, they never had enough umph to back it up though. Coaching is the issue down there. Wanny couldn't do it in CHI. I have always doubted his ability. There's still 15 games left, so we'll see.

YOu're cautious....I think there are some games that define the season....Miami, just played one that tells me they know they are not SB bound.

Ð
09-08-2003, 01:15 AM
I was flipping back & forth between the games & saw a good part of the Phins second half. It reminded me of the Phins/Broncos game last year, when it was a close game down to the wire & fielder put it right ito mobley's hands, but the dummy dropped it and the phins won the game.

socalfan
09-08-2003, 01:21 AM
The big difference between the two games was the opponent....no SB bound team plays an expansion team like Miami did today.

Ð
09-08-2003, 01:29 AM
I think it was before Griese tripped on his dog

LABillsFan
09-08-2003, 02:52 AM
Of coarse I'm cautious SoCal, it's week 1. There are 15 more games to be played and a bad opening game (or great for that matter)does not a season make. Like they say, Any Given Sunday.

I never claimed Miami was a superbowl caliber team. 30 out of 32 teams don't make the superbowl, but that doesn't mean they don't influence who could go. By playing the role of a spoiler or just having a certain teams number, teams can drastically alter the standings and influence who gets into the playoffs.

TypicalBill
09-08-2003, 02:56 AM
"One of their players said, 'I'll see you after today's practice,'" Houston's Jabar Gaffney said. "That was their thinking -- they were looking at us like this was just a little practice."

Love his first name!:up: bet he becomes successful :cool: