X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

T K O

Talk about amazing. Sitting next to the tunnel I get to see the players getting pumped up for the game. For years, Ruben Brown was the most excitable coming out. We'd all yell "Ruuuuuben!!" and he'd start pumping his fists. Last year, Jona Jennings got into the act and he comes out pumping his fists like a madman. But they were both topped yesterday by this season's NFL defensve Player of the Year (if he continues to play like that), Takeo " TKO" Spikes! He was pumping his fists like Ruben and Jonas but then started looking around and getting even more excited and, hearing the cheers, asked for more. I just can't put it into words how much I love having this guy on the team....especially since he backs it all up with his play. All those years as a Bungal had to have been heart-breaking for him...losing regularly, a front office that did little to help improve the talent level (no college scouts hurts them), and fans they aren't always that excited about having a pro football team (then again, it IS the Bengals ).
    Coming into Buffalo, where we were loud near the tunnel even during that 3-13 season has gotta be a dream come true for him.
    I had wanted us to get Colvin in the offseason because I thought TKO might cost more than he was worth....If he plays like this every game, we underpaid for him and we couldn't have made a better signing this offseason.
    TD
    TKO TKO TKO TKO TKO TKO TKO
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • doug45
    • Jul 2002

It was amazing!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• ublinkwescore
      Sab and TD are insignificant
      • Sep 2002

Couldn't agree more.
      www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
          • May 2003

He said at the end of the game something that the Bills fans made him feel so wanted he wants to give back to them.

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
            He said at the end of the game something that the Bills fans made him feel so wanted he wants to give back to them.
            Well, we're gonna make sure he feels like that at every home game. He and Lawyer Malloy got the biggest ovations, IMO.
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• The_Philster
              • Jul 2002

Thank Patrick

Looks like we owe Patrick and the others at the game against the Bungals a vote of thanks. TKO told CBS that a big part of what lured him here was that so many Buffalo fans were telling him to come here when we played them last December. I was down visiting the sponge while he and his buddies were among those doing this.

Comment

• AG75
                My buns are weiner friendly
                • Oct 2002

Re: T K O

Originally posted by The_Philster
                Talk about amazing. Sitting next to the tunnel I get to see the players getting pumped up for the game. For years, Ruben Brown was the most excitable coming out. We'd all yell "Ruuuuuben!!" and he'd start pumping his fists. Last year, Jona Jennings got into the act and he comes out pumping his fists like a madman. But they were both topped yesterday by this season's NFL defensve Player of the Year (if he continues to play like that), Takeo " TKO" Spikes! He was pumping his fists like Ruben and Jonas but then started looking around and getting even more excited and, hearing the cheers, asked for more. I just can't put it into words how much I love having this guy on the team....especially since he backs it all up with his play. All those years as a Bungal had to have been heart-breaking for him...losing regularly, a front office that did little to help improve the talent level (no college scouts hurts them), and fans they aren't always that excited about having a pro football team (then again, it IS the Bengals ).
                Coming into Buffalo, where we were loud near the tunnel even during that 3-13 season has gotta be a dream come true for him.
                I had wanted us to get Colvin in the offseason because I thought TKO might cost more than he was worth....If he plays like this every game, we underpaid for him and we couldn't have made a better signing this offseason.
                TD
                TKO TKO TKO TKO TKO TKO TKO
                Thanksfor sharing that Phil. I really wish I could have been there with you guys. It must have been a blast, but I did think about you guys and how much fun you must have been having.

Takeo is just amazing, he is all that and then some. I am speechless about yesterdays game, it was everything I hoped for and more. I had such butterflies, and by halftime I was in a state of shock. A good state of shock.

Im so glad we have Adama, Milloy and especially Spikes, but even more glad we have Donahoe!!
                Aimee

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by AG75
                  Thanksfor sharing that Phil. I really wish I could have been there with you guys. It must have been a blast, but I did think about you guys and how much fun you must have been having.
                  It was a blast...hope your weekend went well.

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

do you remember a couple of years ago when baltimore went to the superbowl, and shannon sharp and ray lewis got into it with someone from the bengals?

someone from the bengals told ray lewis that TKO was a better player.. he didnt like that too much..

if you would have asked me prior to seeing TKO in a bills uni.. i would have said, give me lewis.. because lewis is a leader.. he is a motivator.. he plays with the most intensity and excitement.

after seeing what i saw yesterday..

tko is every bit as good as any LB in the nfl.. he is just an absolute ***** animal. watching him play the way he did was about as good as it gets.
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Takeo 51
                      • Sep 2003

He played so good I switched my username just now from BigMike68 to Takeo 51 and started all over. ( Also helps I meet him and I have his jersey)
                      WHAT IT TAKES TO BE NO. 1

Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while; you don't do things right once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.

There is no room for second place. There is only one place in my game, and that's first place. I have finished second twice in my time at Green Bay, and I don't ever want to finish second again. There is a second place bowl game, but it is a game for losers played by losers. It is and always has been an American zeal to be first in anything we do, and to win, and to win, and to win.

Every time a football player goes to play his trade he's got to play from the ground up-from the soles of his feet right up to his head. Every inch of him has to play. Some guys play with their heads. That's O.K. You've got to be smart to be number one in any business. But more importantly, you've got to play with your heart, with every fiber of your body. If you're lucky enough to find a guy with a lot of head and a lot of heart, he's never going to come off the field second.

Running a football team is no different than running any other kind of organization-an army, a political party or a business. The principles are the same. The object is to win-to beat the other guy. Maybe that sounds hard or cruel. I don't think it is.

It is a reality of life that men are competitive and the most competitive games draw the most competitive men. That's why they are there-to compete. To know the rules and objectives when they get in the game. The object is to win fairly, squarely, by the rules-but to win.

And in truth, I've never known a man worth his salt who in the long run, deep down in his heart, didn't appreciate the grind, the discipline. There is something in good men that really yearns for discipline and the harsh reality of head to head combat.

I don't say these things because I believe in the "brute" nature of man or that men must be brutalized to be combative. I believe in God, and I believe in human decency. But I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.

...Vince Lombardi

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                        • Jul 2002

Quote from my new favorite player:
                        "This was my message. I thank God, he had everything to do with it. But at the same time, this was my message for the city of Buffalo. I am not proclaiming to be the best linebacker that ever played the game, but I really don't think the city of Buffalo knew what they were getting when they got me. It is real."

Comment

• Wys Guy
                          Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                          • Jul 2002

I thought Takeo was our best defender on Sunday. Milloy was good, but was part of a secondary that was incredible all the way around.

Spikes was the force that I was expecting him to be! He'll be HUGE this year, bigger than anyone else.
                          Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Brian H
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Nov 2002

I almost got kicked out of my house with my Takeo Jersey on doing dances like he does and yelling so loud in my kitchen lol
                            ProFootballCentral.com

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                              • May 2003

Spikes should finally begin to get the recognition that he deserves, but was denied in his years with the Bengals. He is a truly awesome player.
                              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                              X