PDA

View Full Version : T K O

The_Philster
09-08-2003, 06:50 AM
Talk about amazing. Sitting next to the tunnel I get to see the players getting pumped up for the game. For years, Ruben Brown was the most excitable coming out. We'd all yell "Ruuuuuben!!" and he'd start pumping his fists. Last year, Jona Jennings got into the act and he comes out pumping his fists like a madman. But they were both topped yesterday by this season's NFL defensve Player of the Year (if he continues to play like that), Takeo " TKO" Spikes! He was pumping his fists like Ruben and Jonas but then started looking around and getting even more excited and, hearing the cheers, asked for more. I just can't put it into words how much I love having this guy on the team....especially since he backs it all up with his play. All those years as a Bungal had to have been heart-breaking for him...losing regularly, a front office that did little to help improve the talent level (no college scouts hurts them), and fans they aren't always that excited about having a pro football team (then again, it IS the Bengals ;) ).
Coming into Buffalo, where we were loud near the tunnel even during that 3-13 season has gotta be a dream come true for him.
I had wanted us to get Colvin in the offseason because I thought TKO might cost more than he was worth....If he plays like this every game, we underpaid for him and we couldn't have made a better signing this offseason.
:hail: TD
:hail: TKO :hail: TKO :hail: TKO :hail: TKO :hail: TKO :hail: TKO :hail: TKO

doug45
09-08-2003, 07:15 AM
It was amazing!!!!!!!!!!

ublinkwescore
09-08-2003, 07:17 AM
Couldn't agree more.

The Spaz
09-08-2003, 07:27 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20030907/capt.1062971417.patriots_bills_bfs106.jpg

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-08-2003, 07:36 AM
He said at the end of the game something that the Bills fans made him feel so wanted he wants to give back to them.

The_Philster
09-08-2003, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
He said at the end of the game something that the Bills fans made him feel so wanted he wants to give back to them.

Well, we're gonna make sure he feels like that at every home game. :clap: He and Lawyer Malloy got the biggest ovations, IMO.

The_Philster
09-08-2003, 01:49 PM
Looks like we owe Patrick and the others at the game against the Bungals a vote of thanks. TKO told CBS that a big part of what lured him here was that so many Buffalo fans were telling him to come here when we played them last December. I was down visiting the sponge while he and his buddies were among those doing this. :up:

AG75
09-08-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
Talk about amazing. Sitting next to the tunnel I get to see the players getting pumped up for the game. For years, Ruben Brown was the most excitable coming out. We'd all yell "Ruuuuuben!!" and he'd start pumping his fists. Last year, Jona Jennings got into the act and he comes out pumping his fists like a madman. But they were both topped yesterday by this season's NFL defensve Player of the Year (if he continues to play like that), Takeo " TKO" Spikes! He was pumping his fists like Ruben and Jonas but then started looking around and getting even more excited and, hearing the cheers, asked for more. I just can't put it into words how much I love having this guy on the team....especially since he backs it all up with his play. All those years as a Bungal had to have been heart-breaking for him...losing regularly, a front office that did little to help improve the talent level (no college scouts hurts them), and fans they aren't always that excited about having a pro football team (then again, it IS the Bengals ;) ).
Coming into Buffalo, where we were loud near the tunnel even during that 3-13 season has gotta be a dream come true for him.
I had wanted us to get Colvin in the offseason because I thought TKO might cost more than he was worth....If he plays like this every game, we underpaid for him and we couldn't have made a better signing this offseason.
:hail: TD
:hail: TKO :hail: TKO :hail: TKO :hail: TKO :hail: TKO :hail: TKO :hail: TKO

Thanksfor sharing that Phil. I really wish I could have been there with you guys. It must have been a blast, but I did think about you guys and how much fun you must have been having.

Takeo is just amazing, he is all that and then some. I am speechless about yesterdays game, it was everything I hoped for and more. I had such butterflies, and by halftime I was in a state of shock. A good state of shock.

Im so glad we have Adama, Milloy and especially Spikes, but even more glad we have Donahoe!!

The_Philster
09-08-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by AG75
Thanksfor sharing that Phil. I really wish I could have been there with you guys. It must have been a blast, but I did think about you guys and how much fun you must have been having.

It was a blast...hope your weekend went well.

Tatonka
09-08-2003, 02:29 PM
do you remember a couple of years ago when baltimore went to the superbowl, and shannon sharp and ray lewis got into it with someone from the bengals?

someone from the bengals told ray lewis that TKO was a better player.. he didnt like that too much..

if you would have asked me prior to seeing TKO in a bills uni.. i would have said, give me lewis.. because lewis is a leader.. he is a motivator.. he plays with the most intensity and excitement.

after seeing what i saw yesterday..

tko is every bit as good as any LB in the nfl.. he is just an absolute ****** animal. watching him play the way he did was about as good as it gets.

Takeo 51
09-08-2003, 02:45 PM
He played so good I switched my username just now from BigMike68 to Takeo 51 and started all over. ( Also helps I meet him and I have his jersey)

LtBillsFan66
09-08-2003, 11:32 PM
Quote from my new favorite player:
"This was my message. I thank God, he had everything to do with it. But at the same time, this was my message for the city of Buffalo. I am not proclaiming to be the best linebacker that ever played the game, but I really don't think the city of Buffalo knew what they were getting when they got me. It is real."

WG
09-09-2003, 12:02 AM
I thought Takeo was our best defender on Sunday. Milloy was good, but was part of a secondary that was incredible all the way around.

Spikes was the force that I was expecting him to be! He'll be HUGE this year, bigger than anyone else.

Brian H
09-09-2003, 12:06 AM
:clap: I almost got kicked out of my house with my Takeo Jersey on doing dances like he does and yelling so loud in my kitchen lol

Jan Reimers
09-09-2003, 02:34 AM
Spikes should finally begin to get the recognition that he deserves, but was denied in his years with the Bengals. He is a truly awesome player.