PDA

View Full Version : Does Greg Williams get any respect now?

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-08-2003, 08:04 AM
Well GW had that team prepared and ready. He outcoached Billichek in every aspect of that game. C'mon you doubters let's hear from you.

Ebenezer
09-08-2003, 08:12 AM
I'll be more impressesd if they go down to Jax next week and they keep their heads in a sandwich game...if they look like a high school team then he really is an gr-EGG head.

Judge
09-08-2003, 11:00 AM
He's never lost this team. I see no reason why he won't have them ready.

Maybe he was doing his job all along, he just didn't have the speed and talent he needed! Ever think of that?!

Dozerdog
09-08-2003, 11:04 AM
I thought he might have been in over his head the first two seasons- But the additions of all the veteran assistant coaches have really made this staff come together.

RedEyE
09-08-2003, 11:14 AM
Too early to tell yet. I still question his coaching abilities. I think it was more about our players out playing theirs, rather than out coaching.

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-08-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by RedEyE
Too early to tell yet. I still question his coaching abilities. I think it was more about our players out playing theirs, rather than out coaching.

I don't want to hear the players outplayed theirs because couldn't you say last season our players didn't outplay theirs?

lordofgun
09-08-2003, 01:01 PM
I'll forgive him when he doen't punt it on 4th and inches from the 32. :mad:

RedEyE
09-08-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly

I don't want to hear the players outplayed theirs because couldn't you say last season our players didn't outplay theirs?

I'm saying we didn't have the talent last season that we have this season. What else has changed? It's a little early in the season to be labeling Williams a demi-god, isn't it? Don't jump to conclusions just yet.

Ð
09-08-2003, 01:27 PM
Yes, the jury's still out on man-boobs

Historian
09-08-2003, 01:31 PM
He's a piece of crap...the Bills won despite him. I will make this concession though...

If they win the Super Bowl this year...he can stay.

cordog
09-08-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Judge
He's never lost this team. I see no reason why he won't have them ready.

Maybe he was doing his job all along, he just didn't have the speed and talent he needed! Ever think of that?!

I think that does have something to do with it. I do believe having a good coach is very important, but i think coaching can be blamed for too much sometimes. Remember how Holmgren was a god in GB and 6 years later he still hasnt won anything with Seattle? Pretty much any HC becomes a better coach, with better talent

The_Philster
09-08-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by cordog
I think that does have something to do with it. I do believe having a good coach is very important, but i think coaching can be blamed for too much sometimes. Remember how Holmgren was a god in GB and 6 years later he still hasnt won anything with Seattle? Pretty much any HC becomes a better coach, with better talent
It also didn't help Holmgren that he went from having one of the best GMs in the league in Ron Wolf to being his own. Besides the fact that he hasn't had the talent, he was stretched pretty thin.

Ð
09-08-2003, 02:22 PM
I don't think you can use "thin" and Holmgren in the same sentence.

cordog
09-08-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
It also didn't help Holmgren that he went from having one of the best GMs in the league in Ron Wolf to being his own. Besides the fact that he hasn't had the talent, he was stretched pretty thin.

Exactly, when you dont have alot of talent, Like GW didnt have for two years,you dont look like such a great coach. While im not saying i think GW is a "great" coach, and i have questioned what the hell he was thinking, i think we havent given him a fair shot to show what he can do

Novacane
09-08-2003, 02:25 PM
Amazing how coach's all of the sudden look good when they have some good players.

The_Philster
09-08-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Ð
I don't think you can use "thin" and Holmgren in the same sentence.

:lol: Too true...I was thinking that when I was typing my post :D

bernielivsey_1
09-08-2003, 02:52 PM
Greg will learn a lot from Dick this year.

cordog
09-08-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by bernielivsey_1
Greg will learn a lot from Dick this year.

Yeah, Gregg getting Dick this year is paying off

:teeth:

BillsFever
09-08-2003, 04:45 PM
What happened to that Marvin Lewis guy just about everybody here wanted us to sign instead of Williams? Yeah, what a hell of a coach he is.

ublinkwescore
09-08-2003, 05:55 PM
The guy's in Bungle land - god himself couldn't turn that franchise around in just one year.

SABURZFAN
09-08-2003, 07:01 PM
he didn't punt on 4th and 2 at new england's 32 so he MAY have gotten a little more respect.the jury is still out.

Turf
09-08-2003, 07:08 PM
This is the best conglomeration of coaches I have ever seen here. It's a real staff without egos.

helmetguy
09-08-2003, 07:18 PM
GW will get my respect when he can coach a winner out of adversity, i.e, a rash of injuries to key players. Bill Cowher is consisered a great coach, although his team beats up on the weakest division in the NFL year after year, and used to do it with a team stocked with players hired by...you guessed it... TOM DONAHOE! The jury's still out on Gregg "Tennessee" Williams.

shelby
09-08-2003, 08:47 PM
Two words: Dick LeBeau.

helmetguy
09-08-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by shelby
Two words: Dick LeBeau.

AMEN!!!!

cordog
09-08-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
AMEN!!!!

Helmet guy and shelby like dick!

Sabre Ally
09-08-2003, 11:40 PM

I would hope that Shelby does. :snicker:

Ð
09-08-2003, 11:47 PM
I LIKE DICK (lebeau)

colin
09-08-2003, 11:47 PM
Dick did poorly in Cincy though, it is hard for fans to figure if a quarterback is anygood, let alone a coach.

Let's give him a few games, if we keep winning, don't ask for some kind of near loss experience every week for us to overcome, a W is a W.

helmetguy
09-08-2003, 11:48 PM

Originally posted by Sabre Ally
I would hope that Shelby does. :snicker:

He's half correct, then, huh Shelby?