X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheGhostofJimKelly
    • May 2003

Does Greg Williams get any respect now?

Well GW had that team prepared and ready. He outcoached Billichek in every aspect of that game. C'mon you doubters let's hear from you.
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

I'll be more impressesd if they go down to Jax next week and they keep their heads in a sandwich game...if they look like a high school team then he really is an gr-EGG head.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Judge
      • Aug 2002

He's never lost this team. I see no reason why he won't have them ready.

Maybe he was doing his job all along, he just didn't have the speed and talent he needed! Ever think of that?!
      Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• Dozerdog
        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

I thought he might have been in over his head the first two seasons- But the additions of all the veteran assistant coaches have really made this staff come together.

Comment

• RedEyE
          • Jul 2002

Too early to tell yet. I still question his coaching abilities. I think it was more about our players out playing theirs, rather than out coaching.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
            • May 2003

Originally posted by RedEyE
            Too early to tell yet. I still question his coaching abilities. I think it was more about our players out playing theirs, rather than out coaching.

I don't want to hear the players outplayed theirs because couldn't you say last season our players didn't outplay theirs?

Comment

• lordofgun
              in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

I'll forgive him when he doen't punt it on 4th and inches from the 32.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• RedEyE
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly

I don't want to hear the players outplayed theirs because couldn't you say last season our players didn't outplay theirs?
                I'm saying we didn't have the talent last season that we have this season. What else has changed? It's a little early in the season to be labeling Williams a demi-god, isn't it? Don't jump to conclusions just yet.

Comment

• Ð
                  1-800-SAD-GOAT
                  • Jul 2002

Yes, the jury's still out on man-boobs

Comment

• Historian
                    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                    • Dec 2002

He's a piece of crap...the Bills won despite him. I will make this concession though...

If they win the Super Bowl this year...he can stay.

Comment

• cordog
                      eat, drink, and be merry
                      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Judge
                      He's never lost this team. I see no reason why he won't have them ready.

Maybe he was doing his job all along, he just didn't have the speed and talent he needed! Ever think of that?!

I think that does have something to do with it. I do believe having a good coach is very important, but i think coaching can be blamed for too much sometimes. Remember how Holmgren was a god in GB and 6 years later he still hasnt won anything with Seattle? Pretty much any HC becomes a better coach, with better talent
                      Last edited by cordog; 09-08-2003, 02:17 PM.

Comment

• The_Philster
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by cordog
                        I think that does have something to do with it. I do believe having a good coach is very important, but i think coaching can be blamed for too much sometimes. Remember how Holmgren was a god in GB and 6 years later he still hasnt won anything with Seattle? Pretty much any HC becomes a better coach, with better talent
                        It also didn't help Holmgren that he went from having one of the best GMs in the league in Ron Wolf to being his own. Besides the fact that he hasn't had the talent, he was stretched pretty thin.
                        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Ð
                          1-800-SAD-GOAT
                          • Jul 2002

I don't think you can use "thin" and Holmgren in the same sentence.

Comment

• cordog
                            eat, drink, and be merry
                            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by The_Philster
                            It also didn't help Holmgren that he went from having one of the best GMs in the league in Ron Wolf to being his own. Besides the fact that he hasn't had the talent, he was stretched pretty thin.
                            Exactly, when you dont have alot of talent, Like GW didnt have for two years,you dont look like such a great coach. While im not saying i think GW is a "great" coach, and i have questioned what the hell he was thinking, i think we havent given him a fair shot to show what he can do

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                              • Jul 2002

Amazing how coach's all of the sudden look good when they have some good players.

Comment

Working...
                              X