PDA

View Full Version : A simple observation...

Rude American
09-08-2003, 08:20 AM
Catching brief updates yesterday on the tube, the first thing that caught my eye was the field turf. The stuff looks amazing. It's such a great addition to the Ralph.

The_Philster
09-08-2003, 08:22 AM
Absolutely. ...although it has a path worn in it now after that Sam Adams run :D

justasportsfan
09-08-2003, 08:24 AM
For me it was the Jills. Love those high leg kicks.

The_Philster
09-08-2003, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
For me it was the Jills. Love those high leg kicks.

Oh yeah...they were looking good ;)
And this year's calendar looks outstanding. :pant:

Ð
09-08-2003, 08:30 AM
What's with the stuff that kicks up when a player runs on it ?

It looks like someone buried their kitty litter under the carpet :D

Voltron
09-08-2003, 08:44 AM
It is the crushed up pieces of tires. It is very small and gives like dirt does so that they don't get injured as much :up:

Ebenezer
09-08-2003, 09:00 AM
Field looked awesome!!

ticatfan
09-08-2003, 09:06 AM
most of the cfl clubs are using that and does make the feild look great.

AG75
09-08-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Rude American
Catching brief updates yesterday on the tube, the first thing that caught my eye was the field turf. The stuff looks amazing. It's such a great addition to the Ralph.

It's so bizarre seeing it on tv, it's like a totally different stadium. Amazing how something like that can change the amosphere, but I love it!

lordofgun
09-08-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by ticatfan
most of the cfl clubs are using that and does make the feild look great.

Wow, that's really cool.

Cntrygal
09-09-2003, 05:22 AM
Watching the highlights at work, one of the guys asked me about the field. (he's a steeler fan)

TigerJ
09-09-2003, 07:53 AM
I didn't personally notice it, but they were saying on WGR yesterday that players were having some problems with footing. Hopefully it's just a matter of finding the best shoes to wear and getting accustomed to it..

Pride
09-09-2003, 07:57 AM
They say that the black rubber stuff will settle and not fly up as much as the season wears on. Also, the footing will improve as that stuff settles... it was expected, just like in Baltimore.

SABURZFAN
09-09-2003, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by The_Philster

Oh yeah...they were looking good ;)
And this year's calendar looks outstanding. :pant:

relax Philster.you're STILL the #2 Jills fan on these boards.:biggrin:

Ingtar33
09-09-2003, 09:56 AM
the new turf proved its worth.

Did anyone see the "near" injury that fletch had? A man rolled up on his leg, hyper extending his knee... trust me, if his foot is on astroturf that was the end of fletcher's year, instead, watch the replay... his foot does not stick to the turf, as a result i think he got just enough movement that his knee was saved a McGahee like injury

RedEyE
09-09-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by TigerJ
I didn't personally notice it, but they were saying on WGR yesterday that players were having some problems with footing. Hopefully it's just a matter of finding the best shoes to wear and getting accustomed to it..

I was wondering about that myself. It seemed that A. Brown was having trouble getting those jets to fire up on that surface. Still much better than the flourecent green carpet though!

The_Philster
09-09-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
relax Philster.you're STILL the #2 Jills fan on these boards.:biggrin:

Keep dreaming...you haven't seen my avatar? :D
Besides, I didn't see YOU get waited on by a Jill at Hooters. :tongue:
:biggrin: