PDA

View Full Version : Good job...

Phins054
09-08-2003, 10:37 AM
...Just wish I could say the same... :ill:

See you in week 3...Hopefully our heads will be out of our A$$ by then...

Tatonka
09-08-2003, 10:41 AM
thanks..

about the head out of the a$$ thing..

highly doubtful.

:D

Phins054
09-08-2003, 11:10 AM
As usual Tatonka...Good to hear from you...:moon:

:D jk

The_Philster
09-08-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Phins054
Hopefully our heads will be out of our A$$ by then...
Nahhhh...keep 'em there. :D

Judge
09-08-2003, 11:29 AM
Let's see what Miami is made of now. I think they're soft. All they have is Ricky Williams. Everyone else is either a has-been or never-was.

Phins054
09-08-2003, 12:22 PM
I'll admit that I am pretty pissed that they lost...but I think they were overconfident and expected a cakewalk...Hopefully this will be a wakeup call that sets the tone for the rest of the season.

MDFINFAN
09-08-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Judge
Let's see what Miami is made of now. I think they're soft. All they have is Ricky Williams. Everyone else is either a has-been or never-was.

You obviously know nothing about the phin's team, but for this week, they've given me nothing to defend them with, so I'll take this kind of (don't get offended) stupid talk. Just because your team beat a team mentally drained, don't think what happen us can't happen to you. Good luck for this year, but don't get on a high horse just yet...:beers:

Ebenezer
09-08-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN
You obviously know nothing about the phin's team, but for this week, they've given me nothing to defend them with, so I'll take this kind of (don't get offended) stupid talk. Just because your team beat a team mentally drained, don't think what happen us can't happen to you. Good luck for this year, but don't get on a high horse just yet...:beers:

salary cap 2004....

Judge
09-08-2003, 12:51 PM
I said last year that Miami was soft, and I'm sticking by it. They lay down in every big game they ever play, and weren't anywhere near good enough to keep up with the Bills last year.

Their QB is a third-stringer on any other NFL team. Their defense lacks composure and is inconsistent (I don't care about the "stats". They may have good stats, but it hasn't translated to big wins in crunch time).

All they have is Ricky Williams. He can't carry a team alone. He reminds me of OJ Simpson in the 1970's- an all-world talent surrounded by a less-than-stellar team that won't win a damn thing.

Halbert
09-08-2003, 01:55 PM
I expect Miami to bounce back strong from that game. There's just too much talent for them not to. I still expect it to be a dogfight until the end. I'm not quite as confident about predicting them to win the division as I was BM (Before Milloy) but they definitely still have a chance. The loss means they have to make up an entire game on the Bills (assuming a win vs. Houston) so taking the division is now a lot tougher, but they're still a very strong playoff contender, imo.

And I still don't understand the unbounded disrespect for Fiedler. True he never should have thrown that long out in that situation but he normally doesn't make too many mistakes like that. He had 3 TD passes yesterday, not too shabby. He's not going to be a league MVP candidate but he's very solid and is a very good fit for that team. I wouldn't expect him to make many more mistakes like that one. He'll win many more than he loses.

Judge
09-08-2003, 01:58 PM
Where's all this "talent" the Dolphins have, anyways?

I'll give you Ricky Williams.

Now what?

Where exactly is Miami better than Buffalo? New England? the Jets?

Novacane
09-08-2003, 02:07 PM
Where's all this "talent" the Dolphins have, anyways?

I'll give you Ricky Williams.

Now what?

Where exactly is Miami better than Buffalo? New England? the Jets?

The only player I'd take off thier team is Jason Taylor. Everyone else is overated

lordofgun
09-08-2003, 02:07 PM
Chambers made a great catch yesterday. I'd take him as our #3. :D

Halbert
09-08-2003, 02:10 PM
Oh c'mon. I'd take Taylor, Bowens, Thomas, Seau, and all four of their DB's on the Bills in a heartbeat.

Judge
09-08-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Halbert
Oh c'mon. I'd take Taylor, Bowens, Thomas, Seau, and all four of their DB's on the Bills in a heartbeat.

Not me. I wouldn't want any of their DB's over our guys. Taylor or Bowens would fit in well on our d-line, and Zach Thomas would be a good backup depth to London Fletcher.

Novacane
09-08-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Halbert

I'm talking starter. All our starters are as good or better than thiers on D except for Taylor

Tatonka
09-08-2003, 02:21 PM
funny thing is all they have is ricky on offense, and they refused to give him the ball.. 15 carries.. nice work.. rofl..

i dont care how many names you drop on miami's defense.. they dont win when it counts..

- how could miami not get ONE sack? texans gave up 70+ sacks last year, tops in the nfl. and the line was a HUGE point of concern coming into this season.. it was a joke watching jason taylor get owned by an unknown, chester pitts i think it was.. ****** hillarious..

- corey bradford (i know.. who?.. nobody) smoked 4 people including outrunning that over rated piece of crap madison who pulled up lame after missing the tackle to save the td. i love run on sentences. :D

mack gained just under 90 yards.. and that kid davis had at least 2 runs that i can remember where the fish were just bouncing off of him and he gained close to ten yards...

that vaunted defense couldnt stop THE TEXANS on the final drive of the game.. all the fish fans are crying with their lame ass excuses today, all i keep reading was "overlooked" or "not prepaired" or "under estimated"... what ****** garbage.. they are a pro team.. what.. did they just NOT STUDY before the game? they all went out drinking, while they were supposed to be in the film room? bull*****... they did their homework.. they just got beat.. beat right down to the end.. all that "9 pro bowl player" defense had to do was stop ONE drive.. the final drive of the game and they win.. but they couldnt..

they are soft.. they got owned.. and they will not win this division..

Halbert
09-08-2003, 02:28 PM
I didn't mean to say I'd take them as replacements, just that I'd be real happy if they happened to be our starters. That's a hell of a defensive lineup they can field. Thank god it looks like ours is starting to rival theirs.

Fish players I would take over our starters:
Jason Taylor
Brock Marion
Randy McMichael - for pass catching anyway
Ricky Williams - love Travis but c'mon
Zack Thomas - love Fletch but c'mon

Judge
09-08-2003, 02:32 PM
I'll give you Williams definitely, and Taylor and Marion, but I'd rather have London Fletcher. McMichael? Who cares?

Tatonka
09-08-2003, 02:32 PM
mcmichael had a good HALF of a season.. last year.. he has sucked ever since.. hasnt done SQUAT, except for take penalties.. i know.. he was on my ff team.. and is my back up this year to crumpler.

but that is besides the point.. you are pointing out the weakest spots on our team.. FS.. no kidding.. TE.. no kidding.. DE.. no kidding.. Ricky is tops in teh nfl.. of coarse you take him..

i dont agree with zack though.. fletch and zack are as close to equal as possible.

Novacane
09-08-2003, 02:35 PM
Zack Thomas is overated. I would not take him over Fletch.

justasportsfan
09-08-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

that vaunted defense couldnt stop THE TEXANS on the final drive of the game.. all the fish fans are crying with their lame ass excuses today, all i keep reading was "overlooked" or "not prepaired" or "under estimated"... what ****** garbage

You forgot , Lucas' fault. :hammeru:

justasportsfan
09-08-2003, 02:55 PM

Taylor or Bowens would fit in well on our d-line, and Zach Thomas would be a good backup depth to London Fletcher.

Wanny to give out water.

bernielivsey_1
09-08-2003, 03:08 PM
London is faster than Zach.

DraftBoy
09-08-2003, 03:30 PM
Players on the Phins Id take in a heartbeat:
McMicheal
Taylor
Chambers
Williams

that sums it up