PDA

View Full Version : Coy Wire

Judge
09-08-2003, 11:04 AM
Thank God he is no longer the starter in the defensive backfield, huh?

Lawyer Milloy showed how bad Wire is. Wire played very little, and was immediately smoked for a pass interference that almost cost the shutout. I doubt Wire would have been anywhere near the WR when Milloy made the awesome play in the end zone that led to the Clements int.

Wire: the Steve Tasker of this team- potentially great STer, decent depth, but keep him off the field except for ST as much as possible!

colin
09-08-2003, 11:06 AM
I've been saying this forever, people seem to love him and forgive his terrible coverage for some stupid reason.

Ð
09-08-2003, 11:07 AM
I agree. The boy can hit, but cover ?

Patrick76777
09-08-2003, 11:07 AM
He was Awesome on ST's! all over the place!

RedEyE
09-08-2003, 11:08 AM
That intererence call was bull****. Wire was in front of the reciever, stretched out for the pick having not even touched the reciever. If anything it should have been an interference call on their offense.

mchurchfie
09-08-2003, 11:09 AM
The boy can hit.:up: He will be a good understudy to Milloy and will be a ProBowler someday, my prediction...uh, plus I have Shelby sitting next to me.:scared::D:church:

Judge
09-08-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by RedEyE
That intererence call was bull****. Wire was in front of the reciever, stretched out for the pick having not even touched the reciever. If anything it should have been an interference call on their offense.

Watch the highlight- I watched the game last night when I got home from the stadium. Wire was guilty.

But he can hit on ST- he's our new Steve Tasker!

mchurchfie
09-08-2003, 11:13 AM

I respectfully disagree. It happened right in front of me, he lost the receiver and tried to recover at the last minute. He ended up looking like he interfered with the receiver. If he would have been playing the ball sooner he might have had a chance, but you know that the receiver is going to get the call 99% of the time otherwise. Bottomline is that he was beaten on the play.

P.S. Shelby sez she is sorry she didn't get to meet you Red...it was nice to meet you.:up:

The_Philster
09-08-2003, 11:26 AM
That intererence call was bull****. Wire was in front of the reciever, stretched out for the pick having not even touched the reciever.
I couldn't agree more. When I saw that happening my first thought was incidental contact

Originally posted by mchurchfie
The boy can hit.:up: He will be a good understudy to Milloy and will be a ProBowler someday, my prediction...uh, plus I have Shelby sitting next to me.:scared::D:church: :lol:

RedEyE
09-08-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by mchurchfie

I respectfully disagree. It happened right in front of me, he lost the receiver and tried to recover at the last minute. He ended up looking like he interfered with the receiver. If he would have been playing the ball sooner he might have had a chance, but you know that the receiver is going to get the call 99% of the time otherwise. Bottomline is that he was beaten on the play.

P.S. Shelby sez she is sorry she didn't get to meet you Red...it was nice to meet you.:up:

I'll admit I haven't seen the highlights on ESPN yet, I'll check that out. When I saw the replay on the Jumbotron, it seemed as if he was in the right.

Great meeting you as well. Next time I'll be sure to hang out a little longer so that I can get to know everyone a little better. My Dad and I flew in yesterday at 10a and out the same day at 8p. Short day to squeeze in so much. I hadn't seen the family in while and there are just so many of us, I had to use my time wisely.

Tell Shelby I said hi. I hope that the 3 of you have a great time!

:)