PDA

View Full Version : Bills have that 'Super' look again - Great Article

imbondz
09-08-2003, 02:25 PM
NFL.Com (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/6623202)

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (Sept. 7, 2003) -- We've seen something like this from the Buffalo Bills before, haven't we?

The speed to electrify and overwhelm … the strength to outmuscle and intimidate … the attitude that says, "We're so good that we're going to beat you in every way possible, and we won't be satisfied with anything less than sheer domination."

ArcticWildMan
09-08-2003, 02:52 PM
Oh man!! That gave me goosebumps!! :D

imbondz
09-08-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
Oh man!! That gave me goosebumps!! :D

how about this line: :D

Buffalo's defense is downright scary. If you don't believe it, just ask Brady, who threw four interceptions and finished with a passer rating of 20.4. At halftime, the Patriots had minus-1 passing yards.

Sure, it was only the first game of the season, only one-sixteenth of the schedule. But the Bills' dominant performance did not look like a one-time occurrence. It looked like something that has staying power, like the sort of thing the "Super" Bills of the early '90s had.

AND

the Bills sent a resounding message to the rest of the NFL that they aren't merely better than they have been in recent seasons, but that they are the legitimate powerhouse they set out to build with what easily became the league's most impressive offseason/preseason shopping spree

Billz_fan
09-08-2003, 03:50 PM
Wow, that article is almost to flattering. Don't get me wrong I love it :D

I am as excited as anyone, giddy with anticipation. This next game is gonna tell us if we can avoid the let down that comes after an emotional victory and a thorough thumping of a division rival. This game is on the road against a non division opponent.

It would be way easy for a team to mail this game in and lose it.
Lets see what happens :up:

Here though, is hoping that "The Swagger Is Back"

:beers:

lordofgun
09-08-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by imbondz
how about this line: :D

Buffalo's defense is downright scary. If you don't believe it, just ask Brady, who threw four interceptions and finished with a passer rating of 20.4. At halftime, the Patriots had minus-1 passing yards.

Sure, it was only the first game of the season, only one-sixteenth of the schedule. But the Bills' dominant performance did not look like a one-time occurrence. It looked like something that has staying power, like the sort of thing the "Super" Bills of the early '90s had.

AND

the Bills sent a resounding message to the rest of the NFL that they aren't merely better than they have been in recent seasons, but that they are the legitimate powerhouse they set out to build with what easily became the league's most impressive offseason/preseason shopping spree

Very colorful. :up:

Patrick76777
09-08-2003, 03:55 PM
I don't know, Vic is always saying nice things of the Bills. I think it's just because he has roots in Buffalo.

But I do like it. I'd just like it more if it were from an outsider. I'll be interested in seeing where ESPN puts us in the power poll!

The year we opened up by beating the Titans and Packers at home they had us up at number 2. We'll be in the top 5 when it comes out. Maybe even top 3.

Patrick76777
09-08-2003, 03:55 PM
and I know none of that matters, but it's fun to see.