PDA

View Full Version : Power Rankings

saviorbledsoe
09-08-2003, 09:18 PM
Does anyone know when the updated Power Rankings will be posted? I think we should be in the top 5 now. Most of the top 10 lost! (6 out of top 10 will have lost after tonights game)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking

LtBillsFan66
09-08-2003, 09:24 PM
Don't call me overblown on this one, but based on the first week alone (what else would they base the power ranking on?), we should no doubt be #1.

colin
09-08-2003, 09:30 PM
dude, 6 of the top 8 lost, but of course 2 were guaranteed, cuz they were playing each other.

saviorbledsoe
09-08-2003, 09:31 PM
I agree with you totally but these guys try to use their little brains and try to tell the future as well. I heard some guys on ESPN News earlier today saying we should be number 5.

TigerJ
09-08-2003, 10:50 PM
Philadelphia is about to lose to Tampa. Philly will drop, but Tampa is the defending Super Bowl champ. There's no reason to think they are going to get dropped. They are also pitching a shutout though they haven't scored as much as Buffalo. Buffalo could end up as a #2 on somebody's power rankings, but they're not going to #1.

mackey789
09-08-2003, 10:53 PM
They should be no lower than #3 unless the person making the power rankings are smoking some pretty strong dope

MTBillsFan
09-08-2003, 10:56 PM
Tom Jackson from Espn on TJ's Takes has us ranked 2nd the Bucs it was posted sometime this morming 9/8

LtBillsFan66
09-08-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by TigerJ
Philadelphia is about to lose to Tampa. Philly will drop, but Tampa is the defending Super Bowl champ. There's no reason to think they are going to get dropped. They are also pitching a shutout though they haven't scored as much as Buffalo. Buffalo could end up as a #2 on somebody's power rankings, but they're not going to #1.

I agree. I take that back and say the Bills should be #2.

SABURZFAN
09-09-2003, 06:22 AM
i like the comment that they made on the FISH.i bet Wheat Toast would disagree.

saviorbledsoe
09-09-2003, 11:48 AM
We are number 4 on the espn power rankings.......they have pittsburg and tenn. ahead of us?????? overrated!

Ebenezer
09-09-2003, 12:01 PM
The Raiders 7th?? When are the "experts" going to get over it...

At least the 'Fins are 18th!!!

Pride
09-09-2003, 12:20 PM
I love the fact that after 1 week... with nothing else to go by other than week 1... the Texans are 27th and the team they just beat (the phins) are 18th. Seriously???

Jan Reimers
09-09-2003, 01:43 PM
The Steelers at 3?

WG
09-09-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone
Don't call me overblown on this one, but based on the first week alone (what else would they base the power ranking on?), we should no doubt be #1.

You're so negative!

Can't you just gloat in the moment instead of ruining it for everyone!

We're #1!!! Your suggestions that we're anything else or your demeaning of our current, or what will likely be our current ranking, is sooo negative!

Give it a rest already!

WG
09-09-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by MTBillsFan
Tom Jackson from Espn on TJ's Takes has us ranked 2nd the Bucs it was posted sometime this morming 9/8

yeah, well he's an idiot! The Bucs scored 17 points while we scored 31. We're clearly better than the Bucs!

Anyone not even realizing that is just plain negative!

LtBillsFan66
09-09-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
You're so negative!

Can't you just gloat in the moment instead of ruining it for everyone!

We're #1!!! Your suggestions that we're anything else or your demeaning of our current, or what will likely be our current ranking, is sooo negative!

Give it a rest already!

Huh? Read the post. At the time I thought we should be #1.

ublinkwescore
09-09-2003, 01:51 PM
That's ok, I hope they make us have to smoke the Titans in order to overtake them.

WG
09-09-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
I agree with you totally but these guys try to use their little brains and try to tell the future as well. I heard some guys on ESPN News earlier today saying we should be number 5.

Losers!

The Pats were clearly the best team in the league! WE should clearly be ranked first!

They're just biased against the Bills. Any moron should fully realize that we're #1!

Novacane
09-09-2003, 01:54 PM
We should not be #1. Tampa deserves it until they lose.

ublinkwescore
09-09-2003, 01:59 PM
Tampa will lose against the Saints.

For some reason, the Saints have a knack for taking out the best team in the league - they did it to the Rams when they were the king of the hill, and they did it to Tampa 2x's last year too.

I'm just glad that we don't play the Saints this year.

WG
09-09-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone

Huh? Read the post. At the time I thought we should be #1.

Your negativity is killing me.

Please...

WG
09-09-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
We should not be #1. Tampa deserves it until they lose.

After Sunday, we deserve to be the unchallenged #1s.

The Pats are the best team in the league since they won the SB two seasons ago.

What's w/ all the negativity here? I feel like I'm on a Bucs site!

socalfan
09-09-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

After Sunday, we deserve to be the unchallenged #1s.

The Pats are the best team in the league since they won the SB two seasons ago.

What's w/ all the negativity here? I feel like I'm on a Bucs site!

Whoa! You seemed to have had a personality transplant! You're way more positive than I remember you being in the preseason. Tampa clearly has shown us some stuff yesterday and all last season.....there is no way the Bills will just bounce up to the #1 spot after one game.

Billz_fan
09-09-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by socalfan

Whoa! You seemed to have had a personality transplant! You're way more positive than I remember you being in the preseason. Tampa clearly has shown us some stuff yesterday and all last season.....there is no way the Bills will just bounce up to the #1 spot after one game.

He is being sarcastic, he changed from being negative to sarcasm now.

socalfan
09-09-2003, 03:49 PM
I just read his other post about the offense line.....I think I jumped the gun on my previous post....I now think he has a psychological problem called schizophrenia....and he is just plain mean spirited. Is that why his wing sauce is so hot??

WG
09-09-2003, 04:07 PM
Actually Socal, what you'll find is that I stated that the OL played superbly in pass protection, that the D overall played out of its mind to a man, that Drew had a very good game, that our kicking was on, that the 12th man was a huge factor, and that oh, BTW, our rushing D was a little flat and that our punt coverages and returns weren't much.

For that I'm labeled negative!

You can piece it all together and figure it out. You'll read rumors about me having said that Drew played like crap, that our OL sucks, etc.

It's the most annoying thing and naturally, when those making the statements are challenged as to find the posts where I said that, there stones retract like a set of landing gear and they disappear!

Go figure!

It's let's turn Wys into an A-Hole Day I guess!

In fact, read my article. If you can find the negativity, then please, point it out. Other than those slight bits that I've stated that is. Of course even mentioning anything about an emotional letdown v. the Jags makes you a Fin fan today!

WG
09-09-2003, 04:08 PM
BTW, I'm just doing the same to others as what's been done to me all day long simply to point out the absolute ridiculousness of the situation.

lou577
09-09-2003, 04:12 PM
acutally on nfl.com right now, bills are ranked number 2 behind the bucs, just go to nfl.com and click on power ranking link

Ð
09-09-2003, 04:13 PM
Nobody's listening or cares Wys.

BillsOverDolphins
09-09-2003, 04:14 PM
i wish the Bills were ranked 18th and still being overlooked...low key is the way to be

socalfan
09-09-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by BillsOverDolphins
i wish the Bills were ranked 18th and still being overlooked...low key is the way to be

By coming out and beating the Pats 31-0, I don't think there will be any other NFL team out there that will overlook them. I think the Bills will get the attention they deserve, especially from teams in the division. No one else will want to be embarrassed the way NE was.