PDA

View Full Version : How we respond this Sunday on the road in Jax will reveal much about this team!

WG
09-08-2003, 11:59 PM
We cannot afford a lapse. This was an ENORMOUS game!!! HUGE!

I'm sure the emotional aspect of it was very draining. We cannot afford a lapse against a team like Jax.

While we dusted N.E., we didn't play perfectly by any stretch. We still gave up a large rushing YPC, even in the first half. Penalties would have been a lot more costly in a close game. Our run blocking wasn't good.

Lots to work on. The Tampa D would have been much tougher on us. MUCH!

Pats will finish in the basement, possibly challenged by the Jets under Vinnie. They're not good.

We need to come out strong this week in a big way. Not huge, but solid. Let Henry and our D do the job again.

mikemac2001
09-09-2003, 12:05 AM
haha You crack me up. Yeah penalties werent good Still first game....Yeah run D was shaky but hey it looked strong at 1 yd line. bills won 31-0 Bottom line....You can Win pretty and u can win ugly. They didnt play a perfect game and bills still won by 31 and didnt allow a point. And sam adams did you see enough. i told you man he didnt give a rats @ss about preseason why would he ..he was strong. Bills were strong.

WG
09-09-2003, 12:15 AM
:rolleyes:

I just hope we aren't let down on Sunday since you seem to have us going uncontested right to Houston!

DraftBoy
09-09-2003, 12:33 AM
Good Point Wys, we definetly cant lose any intensity against JAX. This was a huge win, we need to settle down come Tues, and start to look at how to beat JAX.

Cntrygal
09-09-2003, 07:18 AM
According to the articles on the front page.... Settling down and focusing is exactly what they are doing. I hope that it sinks in to all of them.

Earthquake Enyart
09-09-2003, 07:25 AM
Dierdork told a story on how the DB's were watching tape of last years debacles vs. the Pats. One of them got pancaked and someone started snickering. Milloy stood up and said that there's nothing funny about that, and that they were there to work....

This guy looks like a helluva addition.

TypicalBill
09-09-2003, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

I'm sure the emotional aspect of it was very draining. We cannot afford a lapse against a team like Jax.

While we dusted N.E., we didn't play perfectly by any stretch. We still gave up a large rushing YPC, even in the first half. Penalties would have been a lot more costly in a close game. Our run blocking wasn't good.

Pats will finish in the basement, possibly challenged by the Jets under Vinnie. They're not good.

We need to come out strong this week in a big way. Not huge, but solid. Let Henry and our D do the job again.

I agree ... we should again have a balanced offense against JAX... we ran the ball 32 times (28with Henry) and threw the ball 28 times which is a HUGE upgrade over last year... if we do that again and be more effective at it, exploit their corners through playaction passes and play solid defense like we did, i think we'll be fine.

WG
09-09-2003, 07:40 AM
I'm sure it will after last season. It would be a shame though to rout N.E. like that and then undo the win w/ a loss to Jax b/c of unpreparedness.

The only team on our schedule, unlike last year, that we should have absolutely no trouble winning, is the Cincy game. Houston, Dallas, K.C., Jax, and the Skins can all beat us if we show up not fully prepared.

I actually like Houston to go about .500 this year. Carr is the real deal and IMO their OL is better than many media give them credit for. I'm not sayin' that they're gonna come in to the Ralph and kill us, but we certainly can't approach them lacadaisically.

As well, it'd sure be nice to be 4-0 after 4. Philly looked particularly beatable yesterday and that game is at home. If we win those three, then there's no reason why we can't run all of the next 7 after that.

I'll be happy with 9-2 at that point. I think that's more than attainable. The only two teams on our schedule thru the first 11 games that may be better than we are or comparable are Philly and Miami.

WG
09-09-2003, 07:47 AM
Patience is key TB. Our D is good enough for us to capitalize on their mistakes and even generate them for us. If we start taking to the air too early and too often, the tables may turn on us. Jax's D is underrated w/ the additions of Douglas and Peterson.

We can sustain a fumble by Henry likely or even a downfield INT. But what will kill us is 2 or 3 INTs w/ one or more setting up the opposition w/ "gimme" field position.

TypicalBill
09-09-2003, 08:00 AM
yep, but i dont see us tossing 2 or3 int's if we run the ball effectively early and often.. put their D on their heels and kill them with play action.

All im worried about is our guys underestimating their offense... Taylor, despite the loss, had around 130 total yards and Brunnell looked really sharp completing 23 of 27 with 2 TD's and no INT's. We need to shut them down early, like we did with NE, put points on the board and force them to throw.

SABURZFAN
09-09-2003, 08:00 AM
Jax's D is underrated w/ the additions of Douglas and Peterson.

i agree.our running game wasn't too impressive last Sunday.these guys made nice additions to the Jax defense and could give us fits.anybody who thinks that this is going to be like last Sunday may be in for a rude awakening.

LtBillsFan66
09-09-2003, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Dierdork told a story on how the DB's were watching tape of last years debacles vs. the Pats. One of them got pancaked and someone started snickering. Milloy stood up and said that there's nothing funny about that, and that they were there to work....

This guy looks like a helluva addition.

I just got goosebumps reading that. I LOVE our defense! Spikes and Milloy. I love these guys.

THATHURMANATOR
09-09-2003, 08:29 AM

Very true all the momentum built up by last weeks win will be right out the window if they don't show up against jacksonville.

WG
09-09-2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by billsfanone

I just got goosebumps reading that. I LOVE our defense! Spikes and Milloy. I love these guys.

Add in Winfield and Clements, and I dare say, barring someone informing me of another, that we have the hardest hitting secondary in the league. Put Wire in and man! Even Thomas had a couple of really good hits. That kind of play is very contagious.

EricStratton
09-09-2003, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by billsfanone

He also said Milloy told the secondary watching the film "No one laughs on fridays".

he will bring this team together.

The_Philster
09-09-2003, 05:04 PM
Veteran leadership like Spikes, Malloy, Fletcher, and Adams will hold together the D while Bledsoe, Gash, and Moulds should do the same for the offense.

Tatonka
09-09-2003, 05:37 PM
:rolleyes:

I just hope we aren't let down on Sunday since you seem to have us going uncontested right to Houston!

where do you see anyone saying that wys? oh wait.. i get it..

so optimism = we think the superbowl is ours already.

Gunzlingr
09-09-2003, 05:52 PM
I hope they don't take this game likely. Miami and Houston is a prime example of "any given sunday". We had better bring our a-game to every game this year.

Novacane
09-09-2003, 06:22 PM
Ok.......................why the hell was this one moved? Would somebody freakin answer!!!!

Gunzlingr
09-09-2003, 06:39 PM
news to me. seems pretty on topic to me

Tatonka
09-09-2003, 06:40 PM
this is wys way of having a temper tantrum.

Ð
09-09-2003, 06:46 PM
:cry:

WG
09-09-2003, 08:24 PM
Actually, again, I'd like to apologize in this thread as well. How we play on Sunday has no bearing on the rest of the season. First of all we can fully expect a repeat performance. Second of all, we did all we need to do to position ourselves for a nice long playoff run.

I'm sure TD sent the memo out today to the other AFCE teams, "no need to play further." The news item should be up in the a.m.

ublinkwescore
09-09-2003, 08:46 PM
I saw that already. TD's memo to the other teams of the AFC East was - Surrender now, and we'll let you score one field goal - try fighting us, and we shut you out and score 25+ points on you.

ublinkwescore
09-09-2003, 08:47 PM
We would have shut out NE and ran the score up to 30+ points for some revenge from last year - look for the same results in week 17.