• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WG
    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
    • Jul 2002

It's a looonng season!

If we're as good as we all think, we'll need to prove it w/ two road games in the FL heat v. better teams than N.E.

I'm hopeful, but we have 15 games left.

We'll need to emerge 3-1 or 4-0 if we're truly this good.

We still have Gilbride and I don't trust him. We look good, so let's build on what we've seen. Let's see how we are at stopping Taylor. I'll believe we're this good when we can hold the Taylors and Williams of the NFL to reasonable totals. Last year, w/o the aid of a passing game, Williams had over 400 yards rushing v. us in two games.
    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

• bernielivsey_1
    • Jul 2003

I dont think the Jags are better than the Pats. The Pats played beneath themselves. If we stop Fred Taylor we can win. If we stop Ricky Williams we can win. The heat down here is comparable to Buffalo maybe 5 degrees more. This is gonna be a home opener with a new coach so we might have to weather out the 1st qtr til the Jags and the crowd level out.

I'm coming back to Buffalo on 9/28 for a few weeks to sell my property. Maybe I'll run into some of you guys.
    Last edited by bernielivsey_1; 09-09-2003, 12:48 AM.
    In Marv We Trust
    The Past Is Now The Future

Comment

• northernbillfan
      Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

You can't take the wind out my sails just yet Wys. That'll happen when and a big IF we lose a game.

Nice try buddy, but I'm staying up here on cloud nine for the time being.
      When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• Billz_fan
        • Jan 2003

I agree, This team needs to stay focused and not let down Sunday in a game that would be way easy to phone in.

However I just wish you would man up and eat your fair share of crow on the NE game. Nothing else but this weeks game. You don't have to buy into the whole season. You just need to own up to the fact that Sam Adams and Drew Bledsoe played good games en route to a 31-0 drubbing of the Patriots. After all they are 2 of your favorite whipping boys.

We had to listen to you all off season about how Bledsoe could not do this and that, how he cost us games in the 2nd half of the season. Then the preseason about how Adams wasn't doing anything and he was a wasted signing.

One game does not make a season. However after months of listening to you bad mouth the above players at least own up to the fact that these guys played a huge role in week one.

Im sure you will have some explanation about how we won in spite of the above or they really didn't play the game I thought they did.

It's ok to be critical, but you gotta learn to enjoy the positives also. It's also good to give credit when credit is due to the guys you bash all year long. Might add to your credibility.

We as fans have at least 2 days to enjoy and savor the last victory. You however seem to think your the coach and need to start preperation today
        The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• northernbillfan
          Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

Well said Billz_Fan
          When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• bernielivsey_1
            • Jul 2003

Query? To those who can rewatch the game.
            McKenzie did he play?
            Was it me or was Kelsay out there more than Denny?
            How did Prioleau play?
            If Milloy has lost a step he must have run like A Brown before.
            Pat Williams Good game? same with Edwards and Bannon.
            In Marv We Trust
            The Past Is Now The Future

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

McKenzie and Bannon, surprisingly, were inactive. I'm not sure about Prioleau - I think we'll eventually see Wire and Milloy as our starting safeties.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Historian
                2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                • Dec 2002

Good points...all....

....but it is a long season. Lots of things can happen between now and Christmas...Thanksgiving even. I wrote that this was a critical game for this franchise. I believe the team knew it was, and responded in fine form. It was one of the bigger wins in the history of the franchise, but it was just one game.

I still stand by my original prediction of 10-6, but now, I believe we have a leg up on the competition as we have one of those precious DIVISIONAL wins. Three more will get us in the playoffs, because the non divisional games will take care of themselves.

I still worry about too many penalties and turnovers (both of which get overlooked in a big win) our Defensive ends, Danny Smith, and Head Coach Dumb-ass, but one thing is clear...we have the POTENTIAL to go all the way, and it is going to be a fun season to be a Bills fan.

Comment

• DBam
                  • Jul 2002

The Pat's worse than Jacksonville and Miami? Yea right...

Comment

• Cntrygal
                    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Billz_fan
                    I agree, This team needs to stay focused and not let down Sunday in a game that would be way easy to phone in.

However I just wish you would man up and eat your fair share of crow on the NE game. Nothing else but this weeks game. You don't have to buy into the whole season. You just need to own up to the fact that Sam Adams and Drew Bledsoe played good games en route to a 31-0 drubbing of the Patriots. After all they are 2 of your favorite whipping boys.

We had to listen to you all off season about how Bledsoe could not do this and that, how he cost us games in the 2nd half of the season. Then the preseason about how Adams wasn't doing anything and he was a wasted signing.

One game does not make a season. However after months of listening to you bad mouth the above players at least own up to the fact that these guys played a huge role in week one.

Im sure you will have some explanation about how we won in spite of the above or they really didn't play the game I thought they did.

It's ok to be critical, but you gotta learn to enjoy the positives also. It's also good to give credit when credit is due to the guys you bash all year long. Might add to your credibility.

We as fans have at least 2 days to enjoy and savor the last victory. You however seem to think your the coach and need to start preperation today
                    Originally posted by notacon
                    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• ryven
                      • Jan 2003

I will give credit to the staff for the creative play calling thats something that will help down the stretch.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                        short bus extraordinaire
                        • Jul 2002

i have to agree with Wys on this one.especially the gilbride comment.i questioned the pass,at the start of the 4th quarter,before henry went in for the 9 yard touchdown.i questioned it on the BILLS-PATS game thread at that time.

some of these power rankings may have us up there after the win against the PATS but we need to string some victories before we can even think about becoming an upper echelon team in the NFL.there were too many inconsistencies(players AND coaches) and we can't depend on moorman every game to boot our opponents into poor field position like he did last Sunday.
                        Originally posted by yordad
                        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• mchurchfie
                          • Jul 2002

If I were Hank Bullough, I'd take the sail out of your winds.

Originally posted by northernbillfan
                          You can't take the wind out my sails just yet Wys. That'll happen when and a big IF we lose a game.

Nice try buddy, but I'm staying up here on cloud nine for the time being.
                          Get your a$$ back down here right now Mister...You're going to hurt yourself!! Its all fun and games until someone falls and breaks a legchurch:
                          My Band
                          daveviterna.com

Comment

• clumping platelets

Originally posted by Billz_fan

Comment

• mchurchfie
                              • Jul 2002

In Wys's defense, no one cheered louder or was any happier than him when Big Sam scored that touchdown and Drew was throwing for first downs or TDs. He is a true blue Bills fan through and through. He just like s to play the Devil's advocate sometimes, nothing wrong with that.
                              My Band
                              daveviterna.com

Comment

Working...
                              X