X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mackey789
    • Jul 2002

Hey WYS, how about that QB of ours...

Man, all i could think about while i was at the game on sunday was how dumbfounded you would be this week after watching Drew masterfully lead the Bills throughout the entire game, almost Kelly-like. I am telling you, after listening to your garbage all off season about how we'd be better off with someone like Jay Feidler or Jeff Blake, this is sweet redemption. And how about the play calling of Gilbride! In my opinion, we may have run the ball a little too much in the second half with the entire Pats secondary depleated. If Reed hadn't dropped two of his easy catches then Bledsoe's numbers would've been around 320 yards and 3 TD's. This team is rallying around our leader, one of the BEST QB's i have ever seen play the game. If you give Drew more than 3 seconds to throw the ball with some decent protection he completes it almost all of the time, with a touch on the ball that not even Jim Kelly had. Now that we have a defense without having to play from behind all of the time, we can more accurately assess Drew's all-around play. And how about that fat ass Sam Adams who can't play anymore! Wow, i love it. Don't try and burst my bubble this season if Drew throws a pick here or there, let me relish all that i can while the team i have followed for so many years finally is solid all around. No more Drew sucks this and his TD/INT ratio kills us that. I love the Bills and i love them even more with Drew at the helm. I can't wait for the rest of this season buddy. I just can't wait.
  • Ð
    1-800-SAD-GOAT
    • Jul 2002

Brings up a good point...

Was Gilbride's second-half play calling (run, run & more run) decisions done to protect the shutout ?

If so, I like it!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Rob Johnson had a better 1st day than Drew . O sacks and O int's.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Ð
        1-800-SAD-GOAT
        • Jul 2002

So, satistically, HE'S THE KING!!!! All hail RJ!!!!

BTW, were you at the game ? If you weren't, how could you possibly knowthe effect that the 12th man had on the team ?

Gawd I'm arrogant...I'll shut up now

Comment

• Wys Guy
          Drew and Sam stole all my hair
          • Jul 2002

Funny how it's all Drew now mackey!

As I've said all along, if we minimize Drew and don't allow him to throw more than 30 times, our chances of doing well on O go up. But you speak as if 319 total yards is some sort of milestone or something.

Drew played well. His biggest contribution was not having any TOs. Well, he did have one INT but big deal. It was essentially meaningless and I discount it just about entirely. We'll continue to do the same each week if we utilize the same exact strategy.

So if you're gonna be looking for Drew to finish w/ over 4K yards again, if that happens, we're not doing what's in the best interests of the team.

"If Reed hadn't dropped two of his easy catches then Bledsoe's numbers would've been around 320 yards and 3 TD's. This team is rallying around our leader, one of the BEST QB's i have ever seen play the game."

Well, OK. But if the pass protection hadn't been what it was, likely 120 yards and 3 INTs may have been more likely. You gonna give the OL any credit, or was it "all Drew." My hat goes off to the pass protection that Drew got on Sunday! 2 sacks? That didn't have to do w/ Drew's mobility!

Just be glad that Gilbride & Co. actually balanced the O. We saw what happens when Drew is the centerpiece of the O all last season. We can't beat any team better than .500.

I'm actually a little surprised that it was so balanced quite honestly. I really didn't think Gilbride had it in him. I'm still skeptical that we can do that for a full season w/o Gilbride all-of-a-sudden changing midstream for no good reason. I think many are still concerned that that may be the case.
          Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
            • Jul 2002

BTW, his short/high-percentage game was very good!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• mackey789
              • Jul 2002

I credit much of Drew's success to the play of the o-line, which helped him minimize the turnover's. And by no means is it "all Drew". I am just telling you, after an off season plagued by you Drew bashing and calling for other horrible QB's its such a sweet revenge to see our leader play the way that he did, with a lot of help from the rest of the team. I want you to sit down and watch some other teams play over the next couple of weekends and you tell me how you think their respective QB's faired during those particular contests. Lets see here, McNabb looked AWFUL last night, Feidler is horrible every game, Brady is way overrated and it shows, and look at what happened to Favre this weekend. Im just telling you, sit back and just look at Drew play this game, and all of the intangibles that he brings to this offense. Our team trusts him right now, and they are playing well around him. If we can stay somewhat balanced we are going to be in for a treat this year. You definitely have to give props for his short and medium range throws this weekend as well.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                • Jul 2002

I think Carr and Harrington, a couple of second year QBs played extremely well. Better than Drew.

Who cares? What is this nonsensical constant blind support for Drew?

We are the Bills, not the Bledsoe's!!!

We, the team won the game!!! The BILLS are 1-0, not Drew!

What, one game and all of a sudden Drew's amongst the best QBs in the league. Part of the reason we won was because Drew didn't put the ball up 50 times like he did last year. That's all we would have needed, is 2 or 3 picks.

Why can't you and everyone else be happy w/ a TEAM win?!?!

If this past game didn't define "team" from the fans to the O to the D to the STs, then I don't know what does!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                  • Jul 2002

Blake outplayed Drew! McNair and Brunnel outplayed Drew!

Big deal!

You gonna pencil all of them in for the Pro Bowl now?

Geeez! Let's give it a few weeks, eh!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                    • Jul 2002

BTW, I credit all of Drew's success w/ the play of the OL!!

The game would have been much closer if the Pat D had been able to dominate as it did last year! INTs would have been growin' on trees again.

I've maintained since this past offseason that we're going to have a top 5 OL this year. Everything I saw on Sunday supports that notion. Sure, our rushing blocking needs to improve, but it will!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Ð
                      1-800-SAD-GOAT
                      • Jul 2002

After railing ad nauseum about PRESEASON performances, I can't believe you just said "lets give it a few weeks"

Then again, yes I can

Comment

• mackey789
                        • Jul 2002

"QB's its such a sweet revenge to see our leader play the way that he did, with a lot of help from the rest of the team."

"Our team trusts him right now, and they are playing well around him."

"If we can stay somewhat balanced we are going to be in for a treat this year."

Where in my thread did i say we are the Bledsoe Bills? Nowhere. We are a team and we played well around our Quarterback who had an excellent game himself. Our all around team is extremely balanced and i feel that you need to give our QB, who you have bashed for the past year, some credit. Come on, i know you can do it. It may hurt at first to admit that you are wrong. But its a step in the rigth direction. Give it a try, you will feel fuzzy all over.

Comment

• The Spaz
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                          BTW, I credit all of Drew's success w/ the play of the OL!!

The game would have been much closer if the Pat D had been able to dominate as it did last year! INTs would have been growin' on trees again.

I've maintained since this past offseason that we're going to have a top 5 OL this year. Everything I saw on Sunday supports that notion. Sure, our rushing blocking needs to improve, but it will!
                          Wow I don't think anyone ever knew that one of the QB's best friend was an offensiveline!:hammeru: :hamrhed: :)

Comment

• mackey789
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                            Blake outplayed Drew! McNair and Brunnel outplayed Drew!

Big deal!

You gonna pencil all of them in for the Pro Bowl now?

Geeez! Let's give it a few weeks, eh!

Blake putplayed Drew? HA. Did you watch that game at all? Yes, he had more yards but his field management doesnt even compare to Drews. McNair???????? He played downright awful. He was sacked several times and fumbled as well. I didn't see Brunell so i wont comment on it. The fact of the matter is you need to give credit when it is due but you don't.

Comment

• TedMock
                              • Jul 2002

Drew played an excellent game that was called to showcase what he does well and not put him in situation to do what he doesn't do well. The OL was outstanding and they deserve quite a bit of credit. It's a team game so I can't give the OL full credit for Drew playing well, he does have to execute himself as well. I give the OL most of the credit, however, for any time the QB or RB's have good games. The INT was meaningless because there was NO other choice. There was nobody open and it was 4th down so you can't just throw it away. I agree with Wys as far as not trusting Gilbride. Drew play actions as well as anybody in the league but you need balance to do that. Henry got 28 carries....perfect. The OL makes the machine go. I put a lot of blame on them last year because you could just see how close they were to being good yet they'd get a stupid penalty or miss an assignment. Now they look great and I really only saw 1 mistake on one of the sacks. The other seemed like Drew stepped into it a little. Overall the line gets an A++. If they continue to play well, Gilbride will have no reason to "panic" and we can pound the ball with Gash leading our powerful running backs and let Drew do what he does best. On a side note I was very happy to finally see Sammy Morris catching balls out of the backfield. That's what he excelled at in college and it's about freakin time!

Comment

Working...
                              X