• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WG
    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
    • Jul 2002

Aaron Schobel

Did anyone else think that Schobel's peformance was underheralded on Sunday?

He didn't have a lot of stats. I think only one PD.

But man, he was all over the place from his DE spot. He seems as if he's really gained some corner speed since last season.

Is it me, or did anyone else notice that quietly amidst Milloy and Spikes' debuts?

I thought Schobel was a big contributor on Sunday in spite of the lack of stats!!
    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

• TypicalBill
    • Sep 2002

Noooooooo!!
    For the latest Bills news, visit the front page www.billszone.com

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

now that you mentioned it.schobel did have a good game.

i'm still in awe of the blazing speed that sam adams possesses.
      Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
        • Jul 2002

I saw the block on Brady on the Adams return. That's about it.

Comment

• mackey789
          • Jul 2002

I agree, he almost had a couple of sacks and he seemed to open a lot up for Adams and the rest of the D

Comment

• Wys Guy
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
            now that you mentioned it.schobel did have a good game.

i'm still in awe of the blazing speed that sam adams possesses.
            RUUUMBLIN',...BUUUUMBLIN'...., STUUUUMBLIN' down to the 20........, the 15.........., the 10..........., the 5........., "He COULD go, all, the, way!", ...... and he DOES!!!

LMAO!!!

Blazing 12.8 speed!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• RedEyE
              • Jul 2002

Schobel did a great job sealing the outside from the run. I thought Brady had quite a bit of time to throw the ball though. There seemed to be more penetration coming in from Pat and Sam. That small amount of time that he had to throw crumbled because of our awesome pass coverage.
              Last edited by RedEyE; 09-09-2003, 09:54 AM.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

I've always thought of him as a very capable player. Good or bad, I think Kelsay will turn into a similar player on the other side.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Posey was quietly all over the place too.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mchurchfie
                    • Jul 2002

Yes, both those guys were within a microsecond of sacking Brady on several occasions. I have to give Brady props for his pocket presense and being able to sense those guys and unload the ball on time....um, right into our defenses hands.
                    My Band
                    daveviterna.com

Comment

• Wys Guy
                      • Jul 2002

Like I said, I didn't think that a single defensive player on the field was anything short of very good. Between the newness and hype of landing Milloy, Spikes' first game, the emotion at the stadium for being the first game, the hype for us wanting revenge on the Pats, I think the D in particular was simply in a zone to a man, whether they were backups or starters.

Posey, Denney, Adams, Edwards, everyone played magnificently on D!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mchurchfie
                        Yes, both those guys were within a microsecond of sacking Brady on several occasions. I have to give Brady props for his pocket presense and being able to sense those guys and unload the ball on time....um, right into our defenses hands.
                        Brady will have another good season. I don't think the Pats are gonna be any better than 8-8, possibly even 7-9, but Brady will have his season and they simply aren't gonna play like that all season. In fact, I highly doubt they'll face another "fan situation" like the 12th man brought on Sunday until the playoffs if in fact they make them.

We also have to remember that the Pats were just flat outside of our own efforts too. Brady made some public comments about the commitment of the team/Belichick! That couldn't have helped them and I'm sure it was a factor. Doesn't take away from what we did though, it simply didn't help the Pats. But I think the Milloy thing was an enormous lockerroom distraction and Milloy was clearly pumped up about the game to N.E.'s detriment.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• The_Philster
                          • Jul 2002

He was solid but unspectacular...kinda like Hanson was. Only problem with that is, at RE, I'd kinda like to see a few more spectacular plays. But it was only the first game of the season...I'm sure he'll pick it up an extra notch after seeing the performance of that guy lined up behind him wearing #51.
                          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

schobel is no sam adams.

he did well though.

denny was barely on the field. kelsay took over for him almost immediately.. and it was nice to see 90 running around everywhere.. both schobel and kelsay seemed to be buzzing around everywhere.
                            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Wys Guy
                              • Jul 2002

Too negative!

I moved this to the TZ...

I'm sorry for starting a thread about a non-fan favorite player...

Apologies all around.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X