PDA

View Full Version : What About Wire?

Jan Reimers
09-09-2003, 09:30 AM
Does anyone else think that Milloy will end up replacing Prioleau, with Wire reclaiming his starting spot?

TedMock
09-09-2003, 09:43 AM
I think Prioleau is actually decent. He was good at strong safety but struggled in the transition to free last year. He did get better as the year went on and he's also a hitter. Having said that, Milloy and Wire are also hitters, even more so. Milloy's so good at strong that I wouldn't move him to free. Wire runs a 4.5 which isn't great but in our scheme he could get away with it at free. I think IF Prioleau loses his spot it may be to Wire later on.

Earthquake Enyart
09-09-2003, 09:53 AM
Hello Coy. Welcome to special teams.

Coy is too slow to play FS.

RedEyE
09-09-2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Hello Coy. Welcome to special teams.

Coy is too slow to play FS.

Agreed!

PP has always done a great job. His #'s will drop this year, however, mainly because of all the new playmakers on the field.

eyedog
09-09-2003, 10:10 AM
Milloy isn't moving anywhere. He's the SS and Wire is his back-up. Thats the way it goes in the NFL. He has to keep his mouth shut, contribute on special teams, and wait for his oppertunity.

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-09-2003, 10:19 AM
I still don't know why everyone loves Wire so much. The guy can hit but he still needs a lot of work on his coverages.

Demon
09-09-2003, 10:32 AM
I like Wire, but that was one bone head penalty he had on that bomb in the 4th quarter.

Stewie
09-09-2003, 10:41 AM
How can you say a player is "too slow" to play special teams? Are you telling me that every special teams player in the league runs faster than 4.5 in the 40?

What about the linebackers that play ST? I guarantee you they don't all run 4.5's...

Wire looked damn good to me on ST's this week.

colin
09-09-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
I still don't know why everyone loves Wire so much. The guy can hit but he still needs a lot of work on his coverages.

I've been saying this for a while, but he can/could be a good nickle LB. Or part of a "big nickle" package for us, amazing what one super safety addition opens up for us.

Judge
09-09-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
Does anyone else think that Milloy will end up replacing Prioleau, with Wire reclaiming his starting spot?

No.

Wire is not a good DB- he's a career special teamer! Prioleau is solid- not great, but solid.

WG
09-09-2003, 11:28 AM
Agree Judge on PP that is!!

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
Agreed TGoJK!

He had some good STs hits/tackles, but none of them were really back where the ball was caught. Nevertheless, he performed well otherwise. He was hustlin'.

We'll see. It'll take a few weeks for stuff to get ironed out and hopefully we won't have many key injuries. We can't expect every week to be like Sunday, it's not reasonable. We'll struggle in some aspects from week to week.

Jan Reimers
09-09-2003, 12:00 PM
I was actually thinking that Milloy would become our FS:
1) I heard he was playing there some in the Pat's camp.
2) He was initially listed at FS on our DC.
3) Our safeties are supposedly close to interchangeable.

I like Wire better than Prioleau as a player - I think he has a much bigger upside - and was hoping the Bills could find a way to play Milloy and Wire together.

NC-BILLS44
09-09-2003, 12:07 PM
Agreed. I think they would make a hard hitting combo. Wire at SS and Milloy at FS.

Judge
09-09-2003, 12:09 PM
SS's still need to cover guys, don't they? Wire can't cover. He'd be a GLARING weak spot in the secondary.

Prioleau is better as FS that Wire would be as SS with Milloy in the lineup.